Old 07-29-2016, 06:13 PM

Sherlock series four teaser trailer is up

Here it is.

Not a lot to go on there, but they're still filming as we speak, so that's to be expected.

Mrs. Hudson is pretty pissed off. What did Mycroft do?

I read that Toby Jones has been cast as Culverton Smith, who is the villain in ACD's story The Dying Detective. I remember him in a couple of things - he always played an effective villain. He looks pretty nasty here.
Advertisements  
Old 07-29-2016, 06:34 PM

Looks action-y and unlike Sherlock, but it's just a teaser so we'll wait and see.

Toby Jones is always fun to watch.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teela brown View Post
Mrs. Hudson is pretty pissed off. What did Mycroft do?
Mycroft, at least on Sherlock, is even weirder in some ways than Sherlock. He probably did something incredibly heartless and cold. Maybe put her in genuine danger.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:00 PM

Another new teaser trailer. Not on youtube yet that I could see, but it's on this website.

Not much going on here that's intelligible. Any guesses why a second-story flat should be flooded?
Old 11-30-2016, 05:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
Mycroft, at least on Sherlock, is even weirder in some ways than Sherlock.
They both have issues, but Mycroft is more of a jerk in some ways. I don't think he's ever had a friend or even understood the need/point of having one. I'm not sure if they are suggesting he is smarter than Sherlock, but he's certainly an equal.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
They both have issues, but Mycroft is more of a jerk in some ways. I don't think he's ever had a friend or even understood the need/point of having one. I'm not sure if they are suggesting he is smarter than Sherlock, but he's certainly an equal.
I'm pretty sure in this series that Mycroft is indeed the smarter one, and I think it was mentioned in one of the episodes that he always treated Sherlock as a dumb kid, until they met other kids and realized they were way smarter than others.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:32 AM

Wasn't there a line of his towards Sherlock like 'If you seem slow to me, how do you think other people look? I'm surrounded by goldfish.' Or something to that effect.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
I'm pretty sure in this series that Mycroft is indeed the smarter one, and I think it was mentioned in one of the episodes that he always treated Sherlock as a dumb kid, until they met other kids and realized they were way smarter than others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Man Half Wit View Post
Wasn't there a line of his towards Sherlock like 'If you seem slow to me, how do you think other people look? I'm surrounded by goldfish.' Or something to that effect.
Yep, I think he says, "I'm living in a world of goldfish." Sherlock is supposed to be the less intelligent one, though it is difficult to show someone smarter than Sherlock. That is why it is better to make Mycroft apathetic. He has no desire or interest in using his brain to solve crimes of any kind.

The description from the book is even worse.

Quote:
...he has no ambition and no energy. He will not even go out of his way to verify his own solutions, and would rather be considered wrong than take the trouble to prove himself right. Again and again I have taken a problem to him, and have received an explanation which has afterwards proved to be the correct one. And yet he was absolutely incapable of working out the practical points...
Old 12-01-2016, 11:31 AM

I hope John Watson's blog will start up again. I've started checking it.

Googling seems to show that the premiere date of January 1, 2017 will be the same in both the U.K. and the U.S.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:09 AM

'Nother trailer. Lots more detail in this one.

Series Four Trailer

Eek! John's down a well!

Toby Jones looks like a right bastard.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

Quote:
Yep, I think he says, "I'm living in a world of goldfish." Sherlock is supposed to be the less intelligent one, though it is difficult to show someone smarter than Sherlock. That is why it is better to make Mycroft apathetic. He has no desire or interest in using his brain to solve crimes of any kind.
Except he's not, of course. He's defined a role for himself: running the UK (essentially). That's not the act of an apathetic man. In his case, given his attitude towards others - the 'goldfish' line - it seems he does it because he has little faith that anyone else can do it better than he.

Note, too, that Sherlock has NOT truly been able to define a role for himself without significant support surrounding him. He doesn't truly get focused until John provides guidance outside of solving cases. And Sherlock really only solved cases out of boredom prior to the events of the show.

But they're both absolute sociopaths. Neither has any real feeling for their fellow man. I wouldn't be surprised if Mycroft's reason for running the British government is because all of his stuff is in Britain and he doesn't want it disrupted.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:49 AM

Sorry if this is a bit rude

From the trailer:

Sherlock "Something is coming..."

SPOILER:
... and so am I!