Old 03-28-2017, 07:16 PM

Published writers, would you change anything (in hindsight) about what you published?

AIUI, it's fairly common for writers to have the after-the-fact regrets several years after publishing something - minor issues perhaps being choice of wording or phrasing, while major issues may be entire plot or characters themselves - and I wanted to ask if any of you'd experienced that, and which things are the most common things writers would change about their published books (since you can usually only ever publish something once) if they could?

Even J.K. Rowling caused an uproar by saying Harry and Hermione should have been a couple.
Advertisements  
Old 03-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

Usually, no. I'm still happy with my published work, even that published many years ago. Sometime when I reread it I see something minor that I'd fix (a better phrase, for instance), but never anything major.

I don't see much need to rewrite a published work, though. It's done. You got the check. Move on.