Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #901  
Old 12-07-2017, 04:46 PM
bucketybuck bucketybuck is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurie View Post
I absolutely 100% believe that you
There's your problem, right there!
  #902  
Old 12-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Maserschmidt Maserschmidt is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 5,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz View Post
If he lives in the town where he says he lives, then yes, that district does have a French immersion program. However, unless his ex and daughters live in the same town, the only way his daughter could be enrolled is either 1) her "tuition" is paid to said district and is allowed because the district where the daughter legally resides doesn't have a similar program, or 2) there's something else going on.
I can think of two examples off the top of my head where kids were allowed to continue attending public school in the town where the dad lives; in both cases, it's joint custody, like Shagnasty described.
  #903  
Old 12-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Spice Weasel Spice Weasel is online now
Knocking it up a notch. BAM!
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,097
I can't believe this thread is still happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Well that just blows it for Mr. Wrekker, he and I have been married 31 years in May. He doesn't understand me, at all. Granted I am kinda weird. What he does do right is give me the space to be weird. I don't have to explain or make excuses to be me. Neither does he, so I guess that is understanding in a broad sense.
It is my greatest wish that everyone could have this. I don't think you can arrive at this by shoving people into unflattering gender boxes. My husband does understand me, but often jokes that he doesn't, because I am weird. I dunno how he figured out my weird right away, but he did. Now I've had people humor my weird before, but he fully embraced it. Like, 'Here's a framed print of vintage sea slugs for your birthday' embraced it. I have a sneaking suspicion I'm getting Snail Shepherdess for Christmas.

But I embrace his weird too. He's getting some dork-ass shit for Christmas just as well.

We've had the gender conversation before, a lot, and while there are some pretty clear feminine aspects to me and masculine aspects to him, we just are what we are. I suppose I fit the feminine stereotype of emotionality. I am pretty much a giant tumultuous ocean of feeling on a daily basis. But unlike the bullshit Dance of the Seven Veils stereotype, I am about as straightforward as it gets in relationships, no bullshit, and he's the same way. You don't have to guess what I want because I will tell you. We are both on point in that department.

I found a book on Sr. Weasel's nightstand, something about Kindness and Assertiveness in Relationships, and texted him, "Hey, I figure that book is something you're reading for a client and not, like, a commentary on our marriage?"

He replied, "Oh, that. It's from the book series 'Passive Aggressive Bullshit and Other Mind Games to Play On Your Spouse."

It was a joke, but kind of telling that this shit doesn't fly with us.

For any given man or woman, you really don't know what you are going to get. Ever. There are so many variations of human, it's mind-boggling. You have to wipe the slate clean every time and look at them with fresh eyes. Hell, sometimes we have to do that with the same person, recognizing that they aren't the same as they were two or five or twenty years ago. I think one of the dangers of having a revolving door of dating partners for an extended period of time is that you forget people are individuals. Like with racism or any other sort of -ism, the human brain is made to find patterns even where none exist. Do not let your brain trick you into believing you've found a pattern when it comes to something as complex as gender.
  #904  
Old 12-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maserschmidt View Post
I can think of two examples off the top of my head where kids were allowed to continue attending public school in the town where the dad lives; in both cases, it's joint custody, like Shagnasty described.
Thanks Maserschmidt. In this case, it was me that moved a few miles away and my ex and kids stayed in place so they didn't have to change their primary address and could stay at the same schools. It is still joint custody though.
  #905  
Old 12-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Missy2U Missy2U is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Chicago. Kind of.
Posts: 6,840
Spice Weasel, your last paragraph is EXACTLY what I was trying to explain!! Thank you so much!!
  #906  
Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Beckdawrek Beckdawrek is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 2,157
Yes! Thanks Spice. Good one.
  #907  
Old 12-07-2017, 11:16 PM
j666 j666 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Away for a while
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
...
He replied, "Oh, that. It's from the book series 'Passive Aggressive Bullshit and Other Mind Games to Play On Your Spouse."
You are very much to be envied.
  #908  
Old 12-07-2017, 11:35 PM
DooWahDiddy DooWahDiddy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
Pardon me and I'm in no way sticking up for him or a fan, but this comment about his daughter right after his about watching porn was out of line in my opinion, and totally NOT cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
+1, although I have taken pot shots at Shag, like everyone else. I do worry about his children. If he actually has them. And he is the one who stated she's a better date than most women he knew, at the time. It just came off as pervvy sounding.
Alright, I retract my statement and apologize. In my defense, it was less about "Ooh, his underage daughter is doing porn" and more about the fact that he's admitted to looking at his daughter in a sexual way. He can backtrack it all he wants, but it's all there in black and white for us to read.
  #909  
Old 12-07-2017, 11:46 PM
The Tooth The Tooth is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 3,708
For whatever reason one would choose to do so.
__________________
"It would never occur to me to wear pink, just as it would never occur to Michael Douglas to play a poor person." - Sarah Vowell
  #910  
Old 12-07-2017, 11:48 PM
nearwildheaven nearwildheaven is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrr! View Post
Well, I think we all agree Shags is a douche.
Hey! Don't insult the Summer's Eve company!
  #911  
Old 12-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Living Well Is Best Revenge Living Well Is Best Revenge is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 3,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
Hey! Don't insult the Summer's Eve company!
You should probably stick to your own pit thread.
  #912  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Morgenstern Morgenstern is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 9,866
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...1#post20651461
__________________
Remember, pillage before burning.
  #913  
Old 12-08-2017, 07:27 PM
expectopatronum expectopatronum is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 776
I think we're starting to wind down here. It's been an interesting ride for sure.
  #914  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by expectopatronum View Post
I think we're starting to wind down here. It's been an interesting ride for sure.
Please, keep it coming. I enjoy interesting rides. I took my Jewish Long Island heiress to the hospital this morning bright and early because she has an old ankle injury that never healed right so she needed a cortisone shot.

We went to the movies ("Just Getting Started"; not that great but not terrible either) after I got back from work tonight. I was getting mixed vibes from her but that may be from the pain she is currently in (she could barely walk at times so I think that is why she just wanted to do something peaceful and quiet. She did drive 30 miles one-way to have lunch with me for a quick lunch yesterday and people don't do that unless they are really interested but you never can tell. I am not going to contact her again until she contacts me because I can't tell now even after lots of dates (that I always pay for and it gets expensive). I really like her but she has a young child and I have one young one and a teenager myself. It is really hard to match schedules.

In the mean time, I was starting to get pissed off when the Australian beauty (seriously gorgeous especially at 40) got back from Texas and invited me to a restaurant/bar local to both of us on Sunday night. Of course I am going to go. You always need a backup plan but I could be playing with dynamite if things start to work out with both of them but none of life is without risk and explosives are always fun to play with.

If neither of those work out, they will make more. The supply is endless. Women have always known for themselves but dating apps have greatly helped level the playing field for men that aren't just a few select players as well. The male/female population is roughly 50/50 after all.

Last edited by Shagnasty; 12-08-2017 at 10:23 PM.
  #915  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:30 PM
DooWahDiddy DooWahDiddy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Please, keep it coming. I enjoy interesting rides.
See, that's the thing. You're getting off on this because you're a Troll with a capital T. And with that I bid you adieu, because I have a real life to run, unlike you and your pathetic made-up one. Sleep well, shit for brains.
  #916  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Morgenstern Morgenstern is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 9,866
Just curious, how many women have restraining orders against you?
__________________
Remember, pillage before burning.
  #917  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Guinastasia Guinastasia is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 50,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Please, keep it coming. I enjoy interesting rides. I took my Jewish Long Island heiress to the hospital this morning bright and early because she has an old ankle injury that never healed right so she needed a cortisone shot.
Is there a hospital in The Sims now?
  #918  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:53 PM
TokyoBayer TokyoBayer is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 9,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by expectopatronum View Post
I think we're starting to wind down here. It's been an interesting ride for sure.
For some reason, Shag used to bother me a lot. I suspect it's because his wild exaggerations remind me of my youth when I'd tell tall tales. I figured that most people sort of grow out of that when they grow up. Or maybe it's that his narcissism is so much like my detested father. Whatever.

But now, it's simply boring.
  #919  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:56 PM
BigT BigT is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: "Hicksville", Ark.
Posts: 32,985
I wouldn't buy that "I'm getting off on this" shit. That's one of those things you say to try and reverse psychology and get people to shut up.

If you're actually getting off on it, the last thing you want to do is let people know.

Last edited by BigT; 12-08-2017 at 10:57 PM.
  #920  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
Just curious, how many women have restraining orders against you?
Zero. I have no criminal record whatsoever and I try to get along with everyone. I don't stalk or hit women or anyone else. Most people would describe me as nice and somewhat quiet in person. I am not a violent person in general (except formerly to my middle brother) although I have had the urge to be before in extreme circumstances that they initiated.

There wouldn't be any reason to have a restraining order. I leave and never have any contact again with people that piss me off. I have done it many times and it doesn't always work out to my benefit. A few of them deserved one themselves though but I just defused the situation by talking really nicely or just forgetting they exist altogether.

Online, I am one of those people that ghosts people and never tells them why unless we had a fairly deep relationship. There is always the possibility of redemption though if they explain their side well and promise to do better. That doesn't mean that things will ever be the same (although they might be) but I would never do anything to hurt them other than my absence and that may be what they wanted in the first place. I never felt the need to have any non-loyal people in my life at all. They might as well just not exist.

Of course none of this applies to the SDMB. You fine folks are stuck with me because I am most certainly not a troll and I follow the rules. I just write about what I do and know. Even my most mundane hospital story and date tonight plus plans for this Sunday were met with a big TROLL accusation. Have you never heard of Match, Tinder, Bumble OKCupid or, god forbid, Plenty Of Fish? It is easy to get any dates you want in a metropolitan area like Boston if you know what you are doing and I know how to pick them by looks, education, writing cues and income. It is like spotting a bee in a swarming hive. You could have a different date every day for the rest of your life if you fall into the right demographic and have a good profile. My profile happens to look really good on paper but you all know me much better than that. People that just met me don't.
  #921  
Old 12-08-2017, 11:06 PM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I wouldn't buy that "I'm getting off on this" shit. That's one of those things you say to try and reverse psychology and get people to shut up.

If you're actually getting off on it, the last thing you want to do is let people know.
I am one of your biggest supporters BigT but you are wrong on this one. I am one of those people that thrives on negative attention and playing the villian when I could have written the same thing a different way. I didn't post in my defense much here except to refute the Troll accusations and correct factual errors. Like I told you, I enjoy hearing from fine people that disagree with me. Of course, that doesn't mean that I am going to change but it helps me understand the world a little better and how to work around problematic people. I have been pretty busy lately but I do appreciate weeks worth of attention from thousands of people. I don't usually seek attention in real life but I really do think this thread has been epic and I want to thank everyone that put so much work into it and expectopatronum for starting it in my honor.
  #922  
Old 12-08-2017, 11:46 PM
manson1972 manson1972 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,237
I would believe your stories except you said that you had continuous sex for 6 hours. That's just not possible.
  #923  
Old 12-08-2017, 11:58 PM
madsircool madsircool is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBayer View Post
For some reason, Shag used to bother me a lot. I suspect it's because his wild exaggerations remind me of my youth when I'd tell tall tales. I figured that most people sort of grow out of that when they grow up. Or maybe it's that his narcissism is so much like my detested father. Whatever.

But now, it's simply boring.
Its so boring that there are 921 posts in this thread. This is the stuff that drama is made of.
  #924  
Old 12-09-2017, 12:02 AM
madsircool madsircool is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
I would believe your stories except you said that you had continuous sex for 6 hours. That's just not possible.
Err...when I was in university we took some acid and easily went all night. Granted, it wasn't all night of intercourse but it was hours of nonstop action. Now I'm lucky to eek out 10 minutes.
  #925  
Old 12-09-2017, 12:12 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
I would believe your stories except you said that you had continuous sex for 6 hours. That's just not possible.
I stand by that one too and I am not kidding. Other people have done it as well even without any drugs.

I used to be multi-orgasmic when I was younger without any refractory period. My best friend was a female nympho that claimed she required sex every day if not several times a day and is an extremely fit athlete.

We decided to see how far we could push it (no pun intended) after we had been drinking together. After the first few orgasms on my part and many on hers, things slowed way down but it was intercourse straight for 6 hours with only a few breaks for oral sex but no overall interruption. Besides the clock, it was easy to time. We started at about 11 pm and didn't stop until the sun rose 6 hours later because we both had to get ready for (the same) work.

I couldn't do it today but I could when I was in my 20's. It just takes the right match. You don't just thrust as hard as you can the whole time. That would burn skin off. All you have to do is have the ability to keep an erection, have multiple orgasms on both sides and keep it low and slow for an extended period of time. She was pretty enough and close enough to me that the novelty presented no difficulty in keeping it up for as long as possible. It won't cause any damage if you are ejaculating every 30 minutes or so and she is used to extended sessions.

She certainly wan't a hooker or escort but she acted like one in bed and they routinely have sex for hours a day. All it takes is for the right man to be a able to keep it up for that long.

Last edited by Shagnasty; 12-09-2017 at 12:15 AM.
  #926  
Old 12-09-2017, 01:57 AM
Morbo Morbo is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: 123 Fake Street
Posts: 9,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
I didn't post in my defense much here except to refute the Troll accusations and correct factual errors.
Like the “factual errors” you made when you lied about how far you went with the girl you sexually assaulted, then lied some more about how you went along with it because it was your friend’s idea, then lied even more when you suggested maybe the victim was in on it and you were the victim, then when presented with your own posts that contradicted all of that, admitted that you planned it all along?

To sum up, this is what you confirm really happened: you talked your friend into letting you switch places with him so you could make out with and rub the boobs of his girlfriend without her knowledge or consent, and proceeded to share that story (with fluidlly amended details to diminish your role as the weather changed) ar least four times on this board. I don’t wish to imagine how your mind turns that into braggadocio, but here we are.

For all your other bullshit, that slice of sleazery is enough all by itself for everyone to dismiss you forever, like I intend to do right now.
  #927  
Old 12-09-2017, 07:03 AM
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 27,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Please, keep it coming. I enjoy interesting rides. I took my Jewish Long Island heiress to the hospital this morning bright and early because she has an old ankle injury that never healed right so she needed a cortisone shot.

We went to the movies ("Just Getting Started"; not that great but not terrible either) after I got back from work tonight. I was getting mixed vibes from her but that may be from the pain she is currently in (she could barely walk at times so I think that is why she just wanted to do something peaceful and quiet. She did drive 30 miles one-way to have lunch with me for a quick lunch yesterday and people don't do that unless they are really interested but you never can tell. I am not going to contact her again until she contacts me because I can't tell now even after lots of dates (that I always pay for and it gets expensive). I really like her but she has a young child and I have one young one and a teenager myself. It is really hard to match schedules.

In the mean time, I was starting to get pissed off when the Australian beauty (seriously gorgeous especially at 40) got back from Texas and invited me to a restaurant/bar local to both of us on Sunday night. Of course I am going to go. You always need a backup plan but I could be playing with dynamite if things start to work out with both of them but none of life is without risk and explosives are always fun to play with.

If neither of those work out, they will make more. The supply is endless. Women have always known for themselves but dating apps have greatly helped level the playing field for men that aren't just a few select players as well. The male/female population is roughly 50/50 after all.
Which one is more racist?
  #928  
Old 12-09-2017, 07:48 AM
bucketybuck bucketybuck is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
I am not going to contact her again until she contacts me because I can't tell now even after lots of dates (that I always pay for and it gets expensive). I really like her but she has a young child and I have one young one and a teenager myself. It is really hard to match schedules.
Didn't you say that you were in a formal relationship with her? Not dating, a relationship.

More lies, but still, its a pity your sad IMHO thread was closed, you could have had some fun with this latest "update". "Sad rapist gets ghosted by another online date, daughters now on red alert".
  #929  
Old 12-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketybuck View Post
Didn't you say that you were in a formal relationship with her? Not dating, a relationship.

More lies, but still, its a pity your sad IMHO thread was closed, you could have had some fun with this latest "update". "Sad rapist gets ghosted by another online date, daughters now on red alert".
No, I said a sort-of relationship, not a formal one. I never said we talked about it. When you go out with someone over ten times and take them to the hospital for treatment at the ass-crack of dawn, you start to assume. It may be true for all I know. I was just tired, pissy and disappointed last night as I am wont to be under those circumstances.

That is a real character flaw of mine. She was obviously in real pain and I treated her like a gentleman but I was still secretly pissed off because I thought she was throwing off mixed messages. I still haven't gotten more than a kiss because we are always so time and place constrained. I am doing better now and I think she said she would call today as she was getting out of my car so we will see.

One of my biggest insecurities is being friend-zoned and taken advantage of. I don't know that is what is happening here but I am not going to let it. I have a date with the Australian girl tomorrow and have been putting everything I can into that as well since I started picking up on mixed vibes from the first one. It is probably for the best no matter how it turns out. It isn't like I really need either of them. They are just wants and I can't have two or more serious girlfriends at the same time unfortunately. The chances are outstanding that one or both of them will fail very quickly but then I can just find another one. I already put the Russian poker player on hold and ready reserve. It is all just a game to me but an expensive one and sometimes I am the one that loses.

When I do things like that, people call it misogynist or narcissist. I call it leveling the playing field. It is just like old-school classical dating where women kept a whole host of suitors and let them compete for attention and affection. They still do versions of that today. I know how to do it too.
  #930  
Old 12-09-2017, 09:26 AM
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 27,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
No, I said a sort-of relationship, not a formal one. I never said we talked about it. When you go out with someone over ten times and take them to the hospital for treatment at the ass-crack of dawn, you start to assume. It may be true for all I know. I was just tired, pissy and disappointed last night as I am wont to be under those circumstances.

That is a real character flaw of mine. She was obviously in real pain and I treated her like a gentleman but I was still secretly pissed off because I thought she was throwing off mixed messages. I still haven't gotten more than a kiss because we are always so time and place constrained. I am doing better now and I think she said she would call today as she was getting out of my car so we will see.

One of my biggest insecurities is being friend-zoned and taken advantage of. I don't know that is what is happening here but I am not going to let it. I have a date with the Australian girl tomorrow and have been putting everything I can into that as well since I started picking up on mixed vibes from the first one. It is probably for the best no matter how it turns out. It isn't like I really need either of them. They are just wants and I can't have two or more serious girlfriends at the same time unfortunately. The chances are outstanding that one or both of them will fail very quickly but then I can just find another one. I already put the Russian poker player on hold and ready reserve. It is all just a game to me but an expensive one and sometimes I am the one that loses.

When I do things like that, people call it misogynist or narcissist. I call it leveling the playing field. It is just like old-school classical dating where women kept a whole host of suitors and let them compete for attention and affection. They still do versions of that today. I know how to do it too.
As long as you think of women as objects and prizes to win and use and discard, you have zero chance at long-term connection and happiness (and dare I say it, love).

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 12-09-2017 at 09:27 AM.
  #931  
Old 12-09-2017, 09:33 AM
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 27,318
Plus, your attraction to racists is either trolling or reprehensible.
  #932  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:00 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Plus, your attraction to racists is either trolling or reprehensible.
No, it isn't that. I just don't like overly liberal women as dates. We were talking last night about how her sister is a lawyer for the ACLU and she pisses everyone in the family off at family events with her sermons and denigrating comments. The rest of them are Trump supporters and even know him personally.

Now, I like the ACLU for a lot of things and I don't support Trump but I have a thing for pretty, right-wing women for some reason. There is no accounting for taste. She isn't personally racist but isn't afraid to make an offhand comment about ghetto culture. Her best friend is black (and the first cousin of a very famous pop artist).

She rebelled against her family when she was young so far as to become a drug dealer for a select group but completely renounced the lifestyle when she accidentally got pregnant by a thug in her mid-twenties. Now she just does the whole single mommy thing with her son with the father far away which why we can't spend all that much time together. She tries some but the balance is off right now and that always pisses me off. I don't apologize for getting irritated at someone for not giving as much as I do without getting something in return. It doesn't have to be tit-for-tat and can be abstract but some more appreciation and affection are necessary. The balance is about 75%-25% in my favor right now and that is unacceptable.

I completely familiar with spoiled little rich girl syndrome because I was with one for 17 years. They will bankrupt you just by association and there is no "you and I". It is "me and daddy" because he pays for everything. You are just a pawn and they are the queen in their overall family game and they will wipe you out anytime they feel like it. I would love to say that I will never fall for such a thing again but, of course I will, because that is what I look for and I still haven't learned from past mistakes like that.

Last edited by Shagnasty; 12-09-2017 at 10:03 AM.
  #933  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:10 AM
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 27,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
No, it isn't that. I just don't like overly liberal women as dates. We were talking last night about how her sister is a lawyer for the ACLU and she pisses everyone in the family off at family events with her sermons and denigrating comments. The rest of them are Trump supporters and even know him personally.

Now, I like the ACLU for a lot of things and I don't support Trump but I have a thing for pretty, right-wing women for some reason. There is no accounting for taste. She isn't personally racist but isn't afraid to make an offhand comment about ghetto culture. Her best friend is black (and the first cousin of a very famous pop artist).

She rebelled against her family when she was young so far as to become a drug dealer for a select group but completely renounced the lifestyle when she accidentally got pregnant by a thug in her mid-twenties. Now she just does the whole single mommy thing with her son with the father far away which why we can't spend all that much time together. She tries some but the balance is off right now and that always pisses me off. I don't apologize for getting irritated at someone for not giving as much as I do without getting something in return. It doesn't have to be tit-for-tat and can be abstract but some more appreciation and affection are necessary. The balance is about 75%-25% in my favor right now and that is unacceptable.

I completely familiar with spoiled little rich girl syndrome because I was with one for 17 years. They will bankrupt you just by association and there is no "you and I". It is "me and daddy" because he pays for everything. You are just a pawn and they are the queen in their overall family game and they will wipe you out anytime they feel like it. I would love to say that I will never fall for such a thing again but, of course I will, because that is what I look for and I still haven't learned from past mistakes like that.
While your views are bizarre and often reprehensible, your oversharing is just gross.
  #934  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Spice Weasel Spice Weasel is online now
Knocking it up a notch. BAM!
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
As long as you think of women as objects and prizes to win and use and discard, you have zero chance at long-term connection and happiness (and dare I say it, love).
He's learned nothing. He will learn nothing. There's no point.
  #935  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
As long as you think of women as objects and prizes to win and use and discard, you have zero chance at long-term connection and happiness (and dare I say it, love).
Who said anything about long-term love? I just want respect, courtesy and affection no matter how fleeting. I am never getting married again. My real desire is to have a medium-term girlfriend that no one else in the family ever sees and vice-versa. I have done that before and it works out well for a while until one of us has to move on. My daughters are the most important thing to me and I am not going to help raise someone else's kid(s).

OTOH, I have needs and wants too even if it is just for a night. A whole lot of women feel the same way and there is nothing wrong with that. I already have most of what I want already. I am just trying to fill in the gaps, not start a sequel to Little House on the Prairie. It works pretty well for the most part until there is a mismatch of goals or someone (always the woman in my case) is dishonest. I am always happy to tell them exactly where we stand and what the best outcome will be.

Last edited by Shagnasty; 12-09-2017 at 10:24 AM.
  #936  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Morgenstern Morgenstern is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 9,866
We need a special forum.

Bullshit Shagnutzy Spreads.

BSS for short.
__________________
Remember, pillage before burning.
  #937  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Maserschmidt Maserschmidt is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 5,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Now, I like the ACLU for a lot of things and I don't support Trump but I have a thing for pretty, right-wing women for some reason. There is no accounting for taste. She isn't personally racist but isn't afraid to make an offhand comment about ghetto culture. Her best friend is black (and the first cousin of a very famous pop artist).
It's true, socially and culturally racist is WAY better than personally racist. #science
  #938  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Spice Weasel Spice Weasel is online now
Knocking it up a notch. BAM!
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
There is no accounting for taste.
Oh, I think there is.
  #939  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
He's learned nothing. He will learn nothing. There's no point.
Believe it or not, I do listen to certain people like you. That doesn't mean I will do anything about it in the short-term but there may be a cumulative effect. The rest are just assholes and I don't care what they think. If something makes me happy within generally accepted bounds, that is the right answer today. Of course that causes all kinds of problems. I am not big on sacrifice in general. I have already done enough of that in my life.

Last edited by Shagnasty; 12-09-2017 at 10:38 AM.
  #940  
Old 12-09-2017, 01:31 PM
expectopatronum expectopatronum is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
I wouldn't buy that "I'm getting off on this" shit. That's one of those things you say to try and reverse psychology and get people to shut up.

If you're actually getting off on it, the last thing you want to do is let people know.
Shut up, BigTard. Of course he's getting off on it. Negative attention is still attention. Quit acting like you know fuck-all about the world beyond your mom's basement, you'll just embarrass yourself.


edit: lol, i posted this response before I even read Shag's response to BigTard saying essentially the same thing. Yeah.

Last edited by expectopatronum; 12-09-2017 at 01:35 PM.
  #941  
Old 12-09-2017, 01:34 PM
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 27,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by expectopatronum View Post
Shut up, BigTard.
Shitty and entirely unnecessary to use a slur that many folks find offensive, IMO.
  #942  
Old 12-09-2017, 01:47 PM
madsircool madsircool is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 6,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Shitty and entirely unnecessary to use a slur that many folks find offensive, IMO.
BigT's sock?
  #943  
Old 12-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Vinyl Turnip Vinyl Turnip is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 18,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Shitty and entirely unnecessary to use a slur that many folks find offensive, IMO.
The euphemism treadmill rolls on! I didn't even know it had become a term of offense.

Is "Plus-sizeTard" OK?
  #944  
Old 12-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Morgenstern Morgenstern is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 9,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
The euphemism treadmill rolls on! I didn't even know it had become a term of offense.

Is "Plus-sizeTard" OK?
That'll probably piss andy off too.
__________________
Remember, pillage before burning.
  #945  
Old 12-09-2017, 03:51 PM
expectopatronum expectopatronum is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Shitty and entirely unnecessary to use a slur that many folks find offensive, IMO.
Oh, please. "Shut up BigT(ard)" is practically a Pit meme. Sorry if I offended anyone, I guess, but I'm not seeing the issue.
  #946  
Old 12-09-2017, 04:05 PM
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 27,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by expectopatronum View Post
Oh, please. "Shut up BigT(ard)" is practically a Pit meme. Sorry if I offended anyone, I guess, but I'm not seeing the issue.
Not a huge deal, I just think it's shitty to use slurs that are commonly used against folks that already have it pretty tough. There are plenty of non-slur insults available. Not the end of the world, but neither is it the end of the world to say "hey, that's shitty".

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 12-09-2017 at 04:06 PM.
  #947  
Old 12-09-2017, 04:17 PM
expectopatronum expectopatronum is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 776
I would never use "tard" towards a person that was genuinely developmentally delayed, someone with Down's syndrome, etc. THAT sort of thing would be shitty and unnecessary. But I'll use it towards someone able-minded who consistently says stupid things with a clear conscience.
  #948  
Old 12-09-2017, 04:25 PM
iiandyiiii iiandyiiii is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 27,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by expectopatronum View Post
I would never use "tard" towards a person that was genuinely developmentally delayed, someone with Down's syndrome, etc. THAT sort of thing would be shitty and unnecessary. But I'll use it towards someone able-minded who consistently says stupid things with a clear conscience.
Not a big deal, but I disagree. I don't think you'd feel that way about other slurs (i.e. you wouldn't call a non-black person "nigger", or a non-Hispanic person "beaner", or a non-Asian person "chink" or "slanty", would you?). I just think it's better to avoid such slurs for all people, not just their "usual" targets. Nothing lost by choosing non-slur insults, IMO.
  #949  
Old 12-09-2017, 04:53 PM
nearwildheaven nearwildheaven is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
No, it isn't that. I just don't like overly liberal women as dates. We were talking last night about how her sister is a lawyer for the ACLU and she pisses everyone in the family off at family events with her sermons and denigrating comments. The rest of them are Trump supporters and even know him personally.

Now, I like the ACLU for a lot of things and I don't support Trump but I have a thing for pretty, right-wing women for some reason. There is no accounting for taste. She isn't personally racist but isn't afraid to make an offhand comment about ghetto culture. Her best friend is black (and the first cousin of a very famous pop artist).

She rebelled against her family when she was young so far as to become a drug dealer for a select group but completely renounced the lifestyle when she accidentally got pregnant by a thug in her mid-twenties. Now she just does the whole single mommy thing with her son with the father far away which why we can't spend all that much time together. She tries some but the balance is off right now and that always pisses me off. I don't apologize for getting irritated at someone for not giving as much as I do without getting something in return. It doesn't have to be tit-for-tat and can be abstract but some more appreciation and affection are necessary. The balance is about 75%-25% in my favor right now and that is unacceptable.
ZOMG I think I know who this person is!

SPOILER:
just kidding - but you gave enough details to potentially identify this person should someone who knows her sees this, on the assumption that she actually exists.
  #950  
Old 12-09-2017, 05:07 PM
expectopatronum expectopatronum is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 776
I guess I was wrong, this thread still has some life in it after all.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@chicagoreader.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright © 2017 Sun-Times Media, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017