Old 11-15-2017, 11:43 PM
Knocking it up a notch. BAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
No, Shagnasty decided to post his fantasy about how the whole world should be more like a titty bar in a thread titled "Have you ever been sexually assaulted?" Other posters were sharing stories of their personal experiences with sexual assault, and there's Shagnasty going on about how great it is to be surrounded by strippers as long as they're all at least an "8" on the looks scale.
One little bright spot there, the compassion LongTimeLurker expressed to every single poster in that thread was really moving.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
Hey, you're back! Can you answer the question I asked, please?

ETA: You know that he was the brains behind the operation, and you know how far he went with your daughter, without her knowledge or consent. How do you react?
Hopefully he would not be jealous.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
I am not participating in this thread because of the extreme prejudice but I can help you with a simple fact check.
You're apparently too stupid to even know what prejudice is.

The opinions people have formed of you are the result of things you have said and done. That's pretty much the precise opposite of prejudice.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I am not participating in this thread because of the extreme prejudice
. . . against sexual assaults.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:44 AM

shagnasty is a disgusting liar creep. His talk about "heiresses" in the OP was laughable.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawth Chucka View Post
Firsthand means participating, I think. Like 'cousins once removed' or whatever?
Perhaps just watching... very intently.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:06 AM

But only out of curiosity. Because he's straight. Very, very, 100% straight.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:33 AM

100% eww!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I am not participating in this thread because of the extreme prejudice but I can help you with a simple fact check.

"That high school burned down in 1990, and First Baptist Church in Logansport bought the property in the years that followed. Now, the church is planning on rebuilding and expanding, after their own building burned down 2 years ago."

http://www.wafb.com/story/22642217/l...memorial-trees
Logansport, Louisiana, on the Sabine River. How ironic: "A good relationship often begins with an offence." Livy: The Rape of the Sabine Women.

I think you took your schooling a little too seriously.

At least you're honest about your username.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:01 AM

Shagnasty, let's just look at the data.

You have dated a couple of hundred women, with lots of sex along the way, resulting in zero relationships.

You have sexually assaulted one woman, resulting in a lasting but non-sexual relationship.

Last edited by Muffin; 11-16-2017 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:59 AM

I cannot even tell you how much I support this pitting. I can read this guy for maybe 3 minutes before I need a bleach shower.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
You just couldn't stay away...
Old 11-16-2017, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DummyGladHands View Post
I cannot even tell you how much I support this pitting. I can read this guy for maybe 3 minutes before I need a bleach shower.
Fumigate. With extreme prejudice.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Clark View Post
Not to brag (ok, I'm trying to brag) but I've gone 6 hours too. Didn't even need drugs.

The secret is to masturbate so much that you can't ejaculate with a living partner because you are accustomed to the physical sensation of your own hand.

Words to live by.
Seriously? That sounds incredibly unpleasant. For both of you.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

My doctor told me I should stop masturbating, or at least to refrain during the examination.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:31 AM

Logansport, LA is a border-town, so it goes to corroborate his story that the rape did, indeed, happen. Now which was it, Louisiana or Texas?
Old 11-16-2017, 09:32 AM

There is another long-time poster here, msmith, I believe, who claims to know Shagnasty in real life. I would love for him to shed some light on the real Shag.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:47 AM

Aside from the gross prank, disgusting view of women, and endless arrogance, what really creeps me out about him was this thread. Not only that he says the only thing stopping him from beating or killing people for revenge and entertainment with no remorse is fear of punishment, but that he just assumes everyone else thinks the same way.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurie View Post
Aside from the gross prank, disgusting view of women, and endless arrogance, what really creeps me out about him was this thread. Not only that he says the only thing stopping him from beating or killing people for revenge and entertainment with no remorse is fear of punishment, but that he just assumes everyone else thinks the same way.
My favorite part of that thread is when he chastises a new poster for their bad writing. If that ain't the pot calling the kettle.

Last edited by Living Well Is Best Revenge; 11-16-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyk View Post
Logansport, LA is a border-town, so it goes to corroborate his story that the rape did, indeed, happen.
I'm sure the good folks of Logansport still love Shagnasty. Did you know they held a prayer vigil when he was dying? Fortunately, Shags healed himself through sheer force of will:
Quote:
When the ICU doctors told me I only had a few hours to live and my home town was holding a prayer vigil for me 8 years ago, I had to make a decision not to let that happen. I was determined not to die and the doctors were surprised when I greeted them the next morning.
I'm thinking that the "prayer vigil" might have been that page of the weekly church bulletin where they list members who are hospitalized, but if he wants us to imagine a candlelight vigil with people singing "Amazing Grace," I'm cool with that. I'm sure they still have fond memories of the circle-jerks.

Shaggy is a bit vague about how he ended up in the ICU, but I suspect this post explains it:
Quote:
Benzodiazepines are no joke and I am sad to say that I overdosed on them once myself mixing them with alcohol and landed myself in-patient for a week.

Last edited by erysichthon; 11-16-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living Well Is Best Revenge View Post
My favorite part of that thread is when he chastises a new poster for their bad writing. If that ain't the pot calling the kettle.
My favorite part is where he admits to wanting to kill his neighbor for shooting his beloved dog- who was wandering on the neighbor’s property doing god knows what. Maybe Katie would still be around if he was a better dog owner.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkitty View Post
My favorite part is where he admits to wanting to kill his neighbor for shooting his beloved dog- who was wandering on the neighbor’s property doing god knows what. Maybe Katie would still be around if he was a better dog owner.
It's probably not even true. I don't think any of his bullshit is true. That's why I want msmith to post about the "real" Shagnasty, since apparently they used to work together.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:26 PM

Good to know that you're following this thread, Shagnasty. Which would upset you more:

(a) "bullies forcing your teenagers daughter's head on the ground while they pour Gatorade all over her in her new school clothes," or

(b) an impersonator fraudulently pretending to be your daughter's boyfriend making out with her without her knowing of the fraud?

Last edited by Muffin; 11-16-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkitty View Post

I'll be fair here, if my neighbor shot my dog I'd want to kill them too. I mean, hyperbole, but still. I don't know the whole story there and I don't really want to but I don't think that's an abnormal reaction. Although he definitely shouldn't be letting his dog wander on other people's property.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expectopatronum View Post
I'll be fair here, if my neighbor shot my dog I'd want to kill them too. I mean, hyperbole, but still. I don't know the whole story there and I don't really want to but I don't think that's an abnormal reaction. Although he definitely shouldn't be letting his dog wander on other people's property.
It's definitely normal to be really pissed off and upset, but I don't think the only thing that would stop you from actually killing your neighbour is that you would not want to go to jail.

Also listed as a reason to want someone dead: vandalism.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurie View Post
It's definitely normal to be really pissed off and upset, but I don't think the only thing that would stop you from actually killing your neighbour is that you would not want to go to jail.

Also listed as a reason to want someone dead: vandalism.
Yeah, this is why I qualified him as being kinda scary. It seems the only thing that keeps him from really hurting someone is fear of legal consequences. If there was a real life zombie apocalypse he'd be the Governor from Walking Dead. (For non WD fans, he was a villain that committed mass murder several times, including on his own people, and also kept their severed heads as trophies. He also had a zombified daughter than he kept locked up in a room and when a female character killed the zombie daughter, he prepared a torture room where he intended to rape and torture said character. Yeah.)

I often wondered about that show how the main group kept coming across these sociopathic characters who killed, raped, and tortured other people. I know people like that exist in the current world where society hasn't collapsed, but there are so many of them in that universe, and I questioned all the time that so many people were that evil. With some of the things being revealed and discussed about Shags here, I do wonder that in an extreme situation like that, where society has collapsed and there's no fear of legal issues, he might lose all restraint and do some terrible things. It's an interesting (and disturbing) thought. I hope the zombies don't come anytime soon.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
With some of the things being revealed and discussed about Shags here, I do wonder that in an extreme situation like that, where society has collapsed and there's no fear of legal issues, he might lose all restraint and do some terrible things. It's an interesting (and disturbing) thought. I hope the zombies don't come anytime soon.
You're not first to think such thoughts.

"Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of Warre, where every man is Enemy to every man; the same is consequent to the time, wherein men live without other security, than what their own strength, and their own invention shall furnish them withall. In such condition, there is no place for Industry; because the fruit thereof is uncertain; and consequently no Culture of the Earth; no Navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by Sea; no commodious Building; no Instruments of moving, and removing such things as require much force; no Knowledge of the face of the Earth; no account of Time; no Arts; no Letters; no Society; and which is worst of all, continuall feare, and danger of violent death; And the life of man, solitary, poore, nasty, brutish, and short."
Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Old 11-16-2017, 02:27 PM

That post about pushing his little brother down because he didn't like him freaks me out. Babies learn to walk when they're 12-18 months old. What do babies do at that age to cause someone not to like them, other than just existing? Ugh.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:29 PM

^I have thought the very thing, 'expecto'., many things happen every day that people are wronged. But civil society and people who are not psychotic deal with it and don't go off and go biblical on them. I think Shags is quite scary, But, I doubt he has the real balls to do anything he says. He is all bark, no bite. I 'd bet real money on it. But if societal norms were broken down, it's no telling what people like that would do. Hope I am not around for that day. Oh, thanks for this pit. Very enlightening.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-16-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahfeena View Post
That post about pushing his little brother down because he didn't like him freaks me out. Babies learn to walk when they're 12-18 months old. What do babies do at that age to cause someone not to like them, other than just existing? Ugh.
Yeah, that bothered me too. It seemed a bit more than your typical sibling rivalry/jealous of the new addition stuff that happens with younger siblings. He said he "didn't like him then and doesn't like him now". Now, okay, families become estranged sometimes so that's not so weird. But then? He was a baby. Yeah, that's creepy. I really wonder if he's a sociopath.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
If there was a real life zombie apocalypse he'd be the Governor from Walking Dead.
No he wouldn't be, not even close. I've met a real-life "governor," who was a mid-level enforcer for a drug cartel. He would have Shag, me, or anyone else on this board compliantly following his every order in less than fifteen minutes without even raising his voice. He scared me so much that I won't even hint at the shit I saw him pull, despite the fact that this is an anonymous message board almost a decade later. Even regular heroin use couldn't erase those memories, I tried.

And this is if you assume that everything Shag says is true, which I certainly don't. There's a fair bit of subtle stuff in what he's posted that makes me strongly suspect that he is mostly an internet persona designed to be edgy and get attention. He wouldn't be the only one to build up the lies to make up for all that he lacks.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:31 PM

I went through this thread a few times and I didn’t see the what I think what may be the vilest thread of all mentioned. Although the bragging about rape is probably worse

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...ght=Hose+Beast

In this literary masterwork, he reflects on all the hot chicks he bangs as he wonders why his fellow men over 40 stay with their “hose-beast” over 40 wives, instead of dumping them so they can bang hot chicks all the livelong day. Because Shagnasty got a date with a girl that was so hot he popped a boner looking at her profile. And he can’t understand why any would stay with a woman once she has aged out of hottitude. Because if Shagassy doesn’t pop a boner when he looks at your pic, you’re a worthless hose-beast and if he spends time with you it’s an act of charity on his part.

Although he’d maybe date Lynda Carter. And he almost dated a hot woman in her 50s. Almost. But while he loves and values women, he devalues WIVES. If they’re not hot. They should go lock themselves in a convent and set their beleaguered husbands free.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...4&postcount=77

I could go on, there’s more gems of wisdom in the thread.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:39 PM

The drip, drip, drip of Shag's misogynistic prick.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:56 PM

Ann, I considered going through that thread as well and picking out some of the lowlights, but there was so much generated by this most recent one that I found it kind of an overwhelming prospect, so I just stuck with that one.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Ann, I considered going through that thread as well and picking out some of the lowlights, but there was so much generated by this most recent one that I found it kind of an overwhelming prospect, so I just stuck with that one.
Well, there’s certainly no shortage of material. And it was trivially easy to find it, I just ran a search on hose beast
Old 11-16-2017, 04:13 PM

God, if nothing else he makes me really really appreciate my husband.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:18 PM

Ditto that Sarahfeena. I'm not married, but he makes me appreciate my SO very much.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:25 PM

I'd love to hear/see his ex-wife's side of the story, assuming she even exists.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:28 PM

When the thread Ann Hedonia referenced happened a couple months back, I shared my thoughts on another board. I've pasted what I think is the most relevant part of my response below. [Mods, I don't believe I'm running afoul of board rules here, as this is a portion of a post I made myself originally elsewhere, but if I've broken a rule please let me know.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by expectopatronum
[Shagnasty] doesn't want someone to laugh with, cook with, make private jokes with, spend time in companionable silence with, because his concept of attraction doesn't go any deeper than the shallow end of a wading pool. It is about the looks and no more. It's about the status symbol of having a hot lady on your arm or sitting across from you. It's such an alien concept to me because attraction is so much more than that. Looks factor in, but so does the way they talk, they way they move, how it feels to touch their hand or lean on their shoulder or run your hands through their hair, the sound of their voice. It's the sum of many individual parts, some of which you can't put your finger on but you know it's there. And that can exist between any two people who are so inclined, no matter how imperfect their bodies or faces are, no matter what age they are, and whether they look their age or not. Really connecting with a person and loving them will make them the hottest person on the face of the planet, whether they look like Brad Pitt or Danny Devito.

Reading that over again, it makes me wonder if Shags has ever truly been in love, even with his ex-wife. I don't think he's capable of it. It simply does not occur to him that these women he describes as hosebeasts might keep their husbands because their husbands love them and are attracted to them. Sure, some couples fall out of love and stay together in roommate-like marriages, but two people who are still in love will get each other hot no matter what the fuck they look like. Because love is something more than what a person looks like. it's about your partners heart, their soul, their passions. It's about lying in their arms and knowing at that moment you are safer than you have ever been. It's so much more than the superficial crap that Shags likes to reduce it to. Shags cannot comprehend this and probably never will. I almost want to feel sorry for him, but I don't. He doesn't deserve to understand any of this, much less experience it.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:31 PM

I tried to explain this, what it's like to be with the same man for 15 years, to be safe and secure, intimate, emotionally and physically bonded, loyalty bound. I wish that for everyone.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:41 PM

Damn you people for making me jealous and wistful.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
Damn you people for making me jealous and wistful.
Look, I think we can all agree your odds of finding that are much better than Shag's.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I went through this thread a few times and I didn’t see the what I think what may be the vilest thread of all mentioned. Although the bragging about rape is probably worse

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...ght=Hose+Beast

In this literary masterwork, he reflects on all the hot chicks he bangs as he wonders why his fellow men over 40 stay with their “hose-beast” over 40 wives, instead of dumping them so they can bang hot chicks all the livelong day. Because Shagnasty got a date with a girl that was so hot he popped a boner looking at her profile. And he can’t understand why any would stay with a woman once she has aged out of hottitude. Because if Shagassy doesn’t pop a boner when he looks at your pic, you’re a worthless hose-beast and if he spends time with you it’s an act of charity on his part.

Although he’d maybe date Lynda Carter. And he almost dated a hot woman in her 50s. Almost. But while he loves and values women, he devalues WIVES. If they’re not hot. They should go lock themselves in a convent and set their beleaguered husbands free.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...4&postcount=77

I could go on, there’s more gems of wisdom in the thread.

This is the thread I first really discovered the blackness of Shag's mind. Although reading about his high school circle jerk is something that's squicked me out for years. Dude's just all-around an unappealing git.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
Look, I think we can all agree your odds of finding that are much better than Shag's.
Much, much better. And if I can find it, anyone can. Except Shags.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Much, much better. And if I can find it, anyone can. Except Shags.
Even Shags. But in order to find it you have to want it.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:14 PM

Which isn't to blame anyone who wants true love but doesn't have it. But rather to say if you have a clear idea of what you want in a relationship, you're more likely to find it.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
Even Shags. But in order to find it you have to want it.
That's the idea that I was wrestling with before I gave up trying to do an immediate reply. I assess my chances of finding love and companionship to be a hard zero - absolutely no chance at all. But at least if I somehow did find it, I wouldn't deliberately sabotage it! As Shag has made it eminently clear he would. He has no interested whatsoever in a worthwhile relationship. He wants nothing more than eye candy and a sex doll. (Gender of sex doll unclear.)
Old 11-16-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
That's the idea that I was wrestling with before I gave up trying to do an immediate reply. I assess my chances of finding love and companionship to be a hard zero - absolutely no chance at all. But at least if I somehow did find it, I wouldn't deliberately sabotage it! As Shag has made it eminently clear he would. He has no interested whatsoever in a worthwhile relationship. He wants nothing more than eye candy and a sex doll. (Gender of sex doll unclear.)
Believe me, if I had a chance, anyone does. My mother had a string of abysmal, often abusive relationships, including five marriages. When I met my husband I was mad as a hatter, severely depressed and anxious, and had more baggage than you'd think a single man could carry. Likewise his own parents had the marriage from hell, and somehow we cobbled together something positive and safe and enduring. I think we just really didn't want to repeat our parents' mistakes.

But it still felt ridiculously surreal to me and sometimes still does. I wasn't exactly considered a bombshell, it's not like I had men lined up for the chance to date me or anything. But we connected on a human level and it changed everything. He's the one big miracle of my life.

I'm a hopeless romantic. Never give up.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:38 PM

It's not really worth debating, but the short version is that I quite literally don't meet new people ever.

(Not that (allegedly) meeting people is helping Shagnasty, but I presume that for non-nasty people the presence of another person is a necessary first step.)
Old 11-16-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
It's not really worth debating, but the short version is that I quite literally don't meet new people ever.

(Not that (allegedly) meeting people is helping Shagnasty, but I presume that for non-nasty people the presence of another person is a necessary first step.)
I meet new people (not nearly as much as I did when I was younger mind you), but the problem is that the older you get the higher the % of people who are off the market. Plus, the older you get the higher the odds that the people still on the market (men and women) are there for a reason. After a while the odds don't look good and you just quit trying for long stretches of time.

For me, its important that a woman have a college education (for various reasons). But the divorce rate for college educated women is less than half the rate for less educated women (its about 15%, vs 40% for high school educated women). So the college educated women who get married tend to stay married.

Chalk this one up to carelessness on my part.

Last edited by Wesley Clark; 11-16-2017 at 06:54 PM.