Old 11-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Clark View Post
I meet new people (not nearly as much as I did when I was younger mind you), but the problem is that the older you get the higher the % of people who are off the market. Plus, the older you get the higher the odds that the people still on the market (men and women) are there for a reason. After a while the odds don't look good and you just quit trying for long stretches of time.
It's also worth noting, the older you get the more set in yours ways you get, AND the more (emotional) baggage you get. Making it all that more difficult when you do meet someone.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:34 PM
Knocking it up a notch. BAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrr! View Post
It's also worth noting, the older you get the more set in yours ways you get, AND the more (emotional) baggage you get. Making it all that more difficult when you do meet someone.
That's funny, I feel like I had more emotional baggage at age 18 than I do now. Not saying it's easy by any means. I don't actually know. I wasn't looking for a forever friend at age 18, I just got lucky. The heavens parted and he was dumped into my lap, pretty much. I hold out hope for everyone.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:48 PM

My Daddy was a confirmed bachelor for many years, after my Mom died. And was happy in it. He had friends and club members, dance partners, and church. Plus 8 kids and many grandkids. He always said he wouldn't have time for a wife. So you don't have to be married in the second part of your life to be happy. Surround yourself with people and get out there. I do think people who have never married or had a SO have a harder time, though.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-16-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:30 PM

I remembered Shag's comments about hosebeasts (you can see my posts in that thread) when his most recent vomitus spewed forth, but I've just been too busy with a term paper to address it. A few days ago, though, my love of 15 years and I were in the grocery store figuring out what we'll have for Thanksgiving and laughing about what minor disasters would occur because they always do. Hilarity regaling disasters past ensued right there in the produce section. Shag will never know the joy of those everyday moments.

I almost put something about hosebeasts in my sig a few days ago, but I'll just sign this,

Helena Hosebeast
Old 11-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Knocking it up a notch. BAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
A few days ago, though, my love of 15 years and I were in the grocery store figuring out what we'll have for Thanksgiving and laughing about what minor disasters would occur because they always do. Hilarity regaling disasters past ensued right there in the produce section. Shag will never know the joy of those everyday moments.
One thing I love about my relationship is we're so chill about stuff like that. Like one of our fondest memories is when we were moving to New Jersey (no, not that part) from Michigan and the moving truck we were driving broke down at the Pennsylvania border. As we're sitting there, chatting and waiting for the tow truck driver, Bon Jovi came on the radio.

''Ooooooohh we're halfway there....''

Naturally, they couldn't fix the truck and we had to sleep overnight in a hotel and then move all of our stuff into a new truck the next day. Awesome.

But it was like, funny horrible. Not horrible, horrible. Because we were together. It was like part of the adventure. Of course, shit is going to go wrong. That's not even our worst moving story. But ''Livin' on a Prayer'' is now one of our songs.

Last edited by Spice Weasel; 11-16-2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:51 PM

I think Shagnasty tends to say a lot of things that people in the real world commonly think. I think there is certain rough honesty of emotion in much of what he says. Some of his stories seem a tad embellished. I haven't really read all of the comments in the thread. Sometimes I feel like I'm a bad person. I'd like to live on a farm, far away from all this madness . . .

Last edited by Mr. Nylock; 11-16-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:20 PM

This madness? far, far away in a distant star system. I can only hope what he says isn't true. I would like to believe the world is all sunshine and rainbows. But we know it ain't. Fight ignorance where you can folks, it's really all we can do.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nylock View Post
I think Shagnasty tends to say a lot of things that people in the real world commonly think. I think there is certain rough honesty of emotion in much of what he says. Some of his stories seem a tad embellished. I haven't really read all of the comments in the thread. Sometimes I feel like I'm a bad person. I'd like to live on a farm, far away from all this madness . . .
Maybe in his little world, and that of, what, the most narcissistic 1% of the male population?

Assuming his daughters really exist, I just hope they don't end up with men like him.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I think Shagnasty tends to say a lot of things that people in the real world commonly think. I think there is certain rough honesty of emotion in much of what he says.
"He's just saying what we're all thinking!" is almost always complete bullshit, but at least it helps point out who the assholes are who think like the asshole who says what he thinks.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:11 AM

I have not perused his entire posting history but the subject of the OP has made a few comments about marriage(his and in general) that I have identified with. That doesn’t make me an asshole.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
I have not perused his entire posting history but the subject of the OP has made a few comments about marriage(his and in general) that I have identified with. That doesn’t make me an asshole.
Even a slow clock is right twice a year. But assholeness would depend upon exactly which comments resonated with you.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:35 AM

I'm curious about something. Among the people who think Shagnasty is making all of this up, would anything about how you think about the world change if you came to know it was all real?
Old 11-17-2017, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
I'm curious about something. Among the people who think Shagnasty is making all of this up, would anything about how you think about the world change if you came to know it was all real?
I don't think he is fabricating all his shit. I do believe he is sociopathic and will consistently misinterpret situations to his advantage.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not represent any other persons, organizations, spirits, thinking machines, hive minds or other sentient beings on this world or any adjacent dimensions in the multiverse.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:43 PM

I don't think he's fabricating his personality and family life. Why would he? As far as his more, er, interesting tales, I would imagine those are peppered with embellishments, half truths, choosing to remember something a certain way vs how it actually happened, or perhaps all of the above.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I have not perused his entire posting history but the subject of the OP has made a few comments about marriage(his and in general) that I have identified with.
Actually, that's how I first noticed Shagnasty. He made some cynical remarks about marriage that, IMHO, were right on target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFidelius View Post
I don't think he is fabricating all his shit. I do believe he is sociopathic and will consistently misinterpret situations to his advantage.
That's pretty much where I am. I don't think he's lying about everything; people are never 100 percent truthful or untruthful. The high school he claims to have attended really did burn down. Do I believe that there were mass circle-jerks at that school? Let's just say I'm skeptical.

I agree that he's a narcissist who constantly embroiders or reframes situations in a self-aggrandizing way. For example, he says he did graduate work but left without finishing a dissertation. There's nothing wrong with that. But somehow that wasn't glorious enough for Shags, so he said he said "I have an ABD" and a "partial Ph.D." He was deservedly mocked for that.

His "hosebeast" thread convinced me that he is a sociopath. The sheer lack of empathy on display in that thread is disturbing. It was way beyond checking off two or three items in the DSM-V symptom list, and was firmly in HA HA HA I'M A SOCIOPATH DEAL WITH IT YOU LOSERS territory. I think he knew exactly what reaction he was going to get; he proudly flew the APD flag and trolled the Dope to hell and back in the process. His latest "online dating addict" thread was more of the same trollery.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFidelius View Post
This sums up my beliefs quite nicely. I find it difficult to believe that there are that many hot and successful career women out there who are searching the web sites looking for a middle aged man who states that their purpose in his life is for fucking and looking good. I could be wrong. But I don't think I am.

(Insert Shagnasty standard "But I Love Women and Have Many Women Friends" Denial #3 -- Now with extra passive aggressive LOLs!)

I wonder how many of these friends would call him a friend. I mean there are men that I'm polite to that I don't consider friends.

I've seen a few men say "He's saying what other men think to a certain extent". I've skipped over a lot of the posts and the previous train wreck so tell me this: Is there one single woman on this board who doesn't think he's absolutely brimming to the ears full of horseshit? I'd give anything to see a video of one of these dates to see what's going on from a normal human perspective.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
My beliefs about the friction levels and natural lubrication properties of human genitalia would alter dramatically, to accommodate the idea that jackhammering continuously for six hours straight wouldn't have the same effect as using a sandpaper condom.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Look, I don't live in a fantasy world. I haven't been married myself, but I have had and have currently long term relationships, and I live in the world. People lose their looks, they get older, fatter, and have less energy for working on themselves, especially families with kids. People get depressed and can't muster up the energy to care what they look like or how they dress. People fall out of love. Some couples stay together despite this because they don't want to turn their lives upside down, lose the stability, be it financial or emotional, they stay together for the kids, whatever. People lose their libidos for various reasons, medical, whatever. That's reality. Some people are bad kissers or bad in bed. Even in the best of times, relationships take work. If you care enough about someone, you do the work. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I could go on, but the big difference between what I just said vs what Shags spews is that I include everyone, both men and women, because these things do in fact happen to everyone. Shags just focuses on the women. If a women isn't a perfect 10, her husband must be miserable and not attracted to her, end of story. In Shags-land, women are there for looking pretty, being a pleasant dinner companion, and fucking. That's it. That's sick.

It's not weird to find women in their 20s attractive when you're twice that age. Youth is attractive. But beauty can be found in all age groups. And most people, as they grow older, grow up and realize very few people are physically perfect, and that there's more to a relationship than looks. Looks are certainly a factor, as is good hygiene and other basics, but they're not everything. Truly being in love with someone changes your entire perception of them. Someone that Shag qualifies as a hosebeast could be someone another man sees as the most beautiful and sexy woman in the world, who gets him rock hard when they make love, and who gets him off every time. Whether he has daughters and female friends and is on good terms with his ex or not, Shags, in his heart, does not like, respect, value, or love women. He is a misogynist, plain and simple.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:04 PM

Ouch!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I think Shagnasty tends to say a lot of things that people in the real world commonly think.
Disturbed people, yes.

Last edited by Ambivalid; 11-17-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
No, although I kind of wish I were that naive.

Having spent way too much time on the Internet over the years, I already knew that there were misogynistic creeps out there who thought sexual assault was funny. Since Shagnasty's dumber cousin Donnie was elected president, I've also known that not only do people as vile as Shagnasty exist in real life but that they can be far more successful than Shagnasty claims to be.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
"He's just saying what we're all thinking!" is almost always complete bullshit, but at least it helps point out who the assholes are who think like the asshole who says what he thinks.
You are making a lot of assumptions. I never thought that way about people. I always used to get shit from people for my particular taste in women when I was much younger and single. I did not generally go for the standard for what people thought was attractive. I would get looked down upon for it. People would talk about me behind my back. People would tell me to my face. I had a group of friends who were jocks, I had a group of friends who were more artistic/intellectual. The artistic group of friends was only slightly more accepting.

So, at least in my life and my surroundings, I was always a bit of an outcast in a world of people who thought more like Shagnasty.

I think it's great that there is a group of people here who are not like that, and are not judgmental in those ways; but you would have a hard time convincing me that people who think like Shagnasty are particularly uncommon. It's not impossible, but many years of experience and interactions with people from all walks of life have lead me to believe as I do.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Weasel View Post
Look, I think we can all agree your odds of finding that are much better than Shag's.
Shag's problem is that he probably ranks very high on paper, assuming half of what he says about himself is somewhat accurate. I'm sure he attracts a fair amount of attention, even if it's not 27 messages from perfect 10s everyday and twice as many on Mondays.

Unfortunately for him, his nature and whatever mental or emotional problems he has ranks him very low for second or subsequent dates. If he writes his profile to make himself into an 8 or 9, his actual score, -- taking into consideration his misogyny, narcissism or whatever his condition, and especially his distaste of mature relationships -- would be closer to a 1 or 2 for relationship material. Better than crackheads, but just barely.

Women on the dating sites are looking to be more than simply eye candy and the owner of a vagina. They don't need to settle, and we can see from his threads that they aren't. Once they know him, he's ghosted.

It would actually be easier for someone who never gets first dates to change their ways.

Counseling would no doubt be problematic, as he believes that strippers are better than trained therapists.

No doubt he could learn to hide his misogyny a little better and get some further dates, but long term relationships are not likely, as you pointed out. That is, even if he wanted one, which doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I'm sort of doubtful that "impersonating a woman's boyfriend to make out" would really work, I would think most women would notice. Unless she was extremely intoxicated, which would still make it illegal just for different reasons.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:55 AM

I imagine that most of these women that Shaggie dates on-line and rejects due to lack of hottitude - and the ones that reject him because he’s a shallow asshat- eventually go on to fall in love and get married and have a good life. And Shagnasty becomes “some creep that I went out with a few times before I met my husband”. And he’s relegated to that role. It’s incredibly sad, really.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 11-18-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector_St_Clare View Post
I'm sort of doubtful that "impersonating a woman's boyfriend to make out" would really work, I would think most women would notice. Unless she was extremely intoxicated, which would still make it illegal just for different reasons.
Of course it never happened. Unless it was completely, 100% pitch black, the girl’s eyes would have gotten adjusted to the dark. Even tiny amounts of light under the door would be enough.

However, that’s not the point. He wanted to have everyone believe his story and it wasn’t until now that people are all over him for his claimed sexual assault that he’s finally shutting up about it.

A lot of people pass along urban legends as personal experience and Shag won’t be the last.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector_St_Clare View Post
Even if we assume that Shagnasty has provided us with a reasonably accurate description of real events, all he could be sure of is that his victim never acknowledged to him that she knew what he had done. It may be that she suspected but second-guessed herself because she trusted her boyfriend. It may be that she realized the guy in bed with her wasn't her boyfriend but was too shocked or frightened to protest. It occurs to me that she may have mentioned she was having her period because she knew she wasn't with her boyfriend and was hoping to discourage her assailant from raping her.

After the fact, she may have been too humiliated by what had happened or too frightened of being branded a slut to say that she'd known that Shagnasty had switched places with her boyfriend.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBayer View Post
Shag's problem is that he probably ranks very high on paper, assuming half of what he says about himself is somewhat accurate. I'm sure he attracts a fair amount of attention, even if it's not 27 messages from perfect 10s everyday and twice as many on Mondays.

Unfortunately for him, his nature and whatever mental or emotional problems he has ranks him very low for second or subsequent dates. If he writes his profile to make himself into an 8 or 9, his actual score, -- taking into consideration his misogyny, narcissism or whatever his condition, and especially his distaste of mature relationships -- would be closer to a 1 or 2 for relationship material. Better than crackheads, but just barely.

Women on the dating sites are looking to be more than simply eye candy and the owner of a vagina. They don't need to settle, and we can see from his threads that they aren't. Once they know him, he's ghosted.

It would actually be easier for someone who never gets first dates to change their ways.

Counseling would no doubt be problematic, as he believes that strippers are better than trained therapists.

No doubt he could learn to hide his misogyny a little better and get some further dates, but long term relationships are not likely, as you pointed out. That is, even if he wanted one, which doesn't seem to be the case.
If money's spent and a female's involved, there seems to be an expectation of nudity or sex; they only see women as a factor in a transaction that gratifies in exchange for their hard-earned cash (or in some cases, 'charity'). So if they wound up w/ a female counselor - awkward...
Old 11-18-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
Even if we assume that Shagnasty has provided us with a reasonably accurate description of real events, all he could be sure of is that his victim never acknowledged to him that she knew what he had done. It may be that she suspected but second-guessed herself because she trusted her boyfriend. It may be that she realized the guy in bed with her wasn't her boyfriend but was too shocked or frightened to protest. It occurs to me that she may have mentioned she was having her period because she knew she wasn't with her boyfriend and was hoping to discourage her assailant from raping her.

After the fact, she may have been too humiliated by what had happened or too frightened of being branded a slut to say that she'd known that Shagnasty had switched places with her boyfriend.
That had occurred to me as well ( that she said she was her period to put the brakes on). This was a "lord of the flies" situation, as he had mentioned multiple times, so i think there was likely some intoxication involved. She may have been drunk, realized something horrible was happening, and said she was on her period to keep sex from happening. How "lucky" for Shags!
Old 11-18-2017, 01:42 PM

And even if this WAS a joke on Shagnasty, and the girl was in on it, HE didn't know that, and was perfectly willing to commit sexual assault on someone.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I imagine that most of these women that Shaggie dates on-line and rejects due to lack of hottitude - and the ones that reject him because he’s a shallow asshat- eventually go on to fall in love and get married and have a good life. And Shagnasty becomes “some creep that I went out with a few times before I met my husband”. And he’s relegated to that role. It’s incredibly sad, really.
This x 100,000.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:56 PM

I don't feel sad for him at all though.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
And even if this WAS a joke on Shagnasty, and the girl was in on it, HE didn't know that, and was perfectly willing to commit sexual assault on someone.
Heck, even if Shagnasty completely invented the whole story, it's still pretty disturbing that he'd present a tale of sexual assault as a hilarious prank that we should all admire him for. It's even more troubling that he still either can't understand or is unwilling to acknowledge why anyone would be disturbed by this, and has tried to claim that it's just a bunch of prudes freaking out over a harmless kiss between friends.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:30 PM

The fate of the daughters concerns me. Who has custody?
Old 11-18-2017, 07:43 PM

Are there really daughters or is that part of the whole story he has created. Nobody, well maybe a few (Trump), would talk about their daughter as the perfect date. And, 30hrs of gymnastics a week! Only Olympic hopefuls would practice that much. She speaks perfect french, plays chess, and is perfect in every way. Nah! I think my kids are perfect, but I really know their faults. No kid is that great.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-18-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goob View Post
The fate of the daughters concerns me. Who has custody?
He's referred to himself as a single parent, but he probably just sees them a few hours a week and views them as chick magnets.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Are there really daughters or is that part of the whole story he has created. Nobody, well maybe a few (Trump), would talk about their daughter as the perfect date. And, 30hrs of gymnastics a week! Only Olympic hopefuls would practice that much. She speaks perfect french, plays chess, and is perfect in every way. Nah! I think my kids are perfect, but I really know their faults. No kid is that great.
Just another fact check and nothing more. My youngest daughter is a competitive gymnast and has two former Olympic coaches working with her. She was never forced into it and can drop out at any time. It is mortgage payment expensive and a huge time drain for everyone involved but it is her choice. I took her to a very large tournament today and she came in 1st on floor and beam but didn't do as well on bars or vault.

That sent her into hysterics because 2nd place or lower are all just losers in her mind. If you think girls are nicer than boys, you have never met competitive gymnasts. They can make Mean Girls look like a light comedy but I still like most of them. They are all ultra-competitive at the higher levels and have trained countless hours for years and they don't like anything less than perfection. I always have to give the "just do your best and be a good sport" talk before any tournament but it hasn't really sunk in yet. I was drowning in a sea of estrogen this morning including the mothers.

She really can speak French fluently because she has been in a rare public schools French immersion program since kindergarten and has been to France multiple times. Her mother majored in French in college.

She plays chess because her French immersion friends play Chess together during breaks at school. I still make sure to beat her to let her know who is boss but at least she knows how to play.

I never said or even implied that I wanted to sleep with my own daughter. That is sick and offensive to claim. What I said was that I wondered why many women about 40 years old don't have the skills of an 11 year old.

I have joint custody and my daughters' mother travels a whole lot for work and pleasure (she is in London right now) and will disappear again in a couple of weeks. Rinse and repeat. She isn't a big fan of sticking around. Like I said earlier, I love daughters, mothers, grandmothers, female coworkers and lots more women. It is just the wife, date and girlfriend roles that tick me off.

Last edited by Shagnasty; 11-19-2017 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
I was drowning in a sea of estrogen this morning including the mothers.
And you people think he has trouble relating to women. Shame on you!
Old 11-19-2017, 02:49 AM

Your imaginary daughter has the same role in your bullshit fantasies as your made-up mother, your fictitious Mammy and your alleged dates: to reflect vicarious glory upon you. Here's a hint: for future verisimilitude, try describing them as actual people instead of collections of accomplishments.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expectopatronum View Post
I don't think he's fabricating his personality and family life. Why would he? As far as his more, er, interesting tales, I would imagine those are peppered with embellishments, half truths, choosing to remember something a certain way vs how it actually happened, or perhaps all of the above.
Who knows? The problem with constant bull shitters is that you can't believe anything they say. I'd want a second opinion if he were to say that the sky is blue.

Someone upthread said he was consistent in his stories but I don't think so. There are plenty of contradictions. He makes for a good 'le Internet Tough Guy who will wait for years to get revenge on someone late for a date, but he's still best buddies with his ex who regularly beat him up. He's so prim and proper that he'll wait for the second date for a kiss, but he cuts and pastes a tale of sexual assault. He's 100% heterosexual but did circle jerks in high school.

Most of these tales are manufactured out of whole cloth, of course, but this is how he portrays himself.

Habitual bullshitters believe that they are smarter than everyone else. Sound like anyone we know? Mostly because their normal audience is too polite to call them on their obvious BS, they believe they far more clever than they actual are. This is why he has to be seen as so intelligent.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfeather View Post
Your imaginary daughter has the same role in your bullshit fantasies as your made-up mother, your fictitious Mammy and your alleged dates: to reflect vicarious glory upon you. Here's a hint: for future verisimilitude, try describing them as actual people instead of collections of accomplishments.
"Verisimilitude"? There is a word you don't see everyday. How very. The inside joke is that is all true. I am not that creative. I can only write about what I live.

(I realize that I just failed again on my claim not to respond to this thread. Negative attention is like a squirrel to peanut butter to me.)

I don't think I am a very good person at all but I am a thrill seeker and have had lots of interesting experiences because of it. What I write is true and a lot of it comes from the fact that I don't have the sense god gave a goose except in professional matters.

My daughter said to me in the car on the way to the gymnastics meet today - "Dad, you would like my science teacher". I said, "I am sure I would, I like science". She said, "That isn't the reason. She is psycho but fun and sort of sweet just like you are".

"Thank you sweetie".
Old 11-19-2017, 03:46 AM

OMG, I cannot listen to any more.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBayer View Post
Habitual bullshitters believe that they are smarter than everyone else. Sound like anyone we know? Mostly because their normal audience is too polite to call them on their obvious BS, they believe they far more clever than they actual are. This is why he has to be seen as so intelligent.
But they get so indignant when their bullshit is doubted. Except that they can't admit they're indignant, so they'll pretend lofty amusement.

Last edited by Penfeather; 11-19-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:42 AM

It seems to me that people are outraged more that he is blunt and gives a realist perspective on his dating preferences (which many people share and there is nothing wrong with having) than any actually offensive things he has said or claimed to have done. Or perhaps he is not repentant enough about some "youthful indiscretions." Assuming anything he's saying is real and not a character to rile people up, his failure to perpetuate bullshit Disney Fantasyland ideas really, really bothers people for some reason. It's a shame for someone to be shamed for being honest about his perfectly OK sexual preferences.

Last edited by actualliberalnotoneofthose; 11-19-2017 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

So... he's just saying what we're all thinking?
Old 11-19-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actualliberalnotoneofthose View Post
It seems to me that people are outraged more that he is blunt and gives a realist perspective on his dating preferences (which many people share and there is nothing wrong with having) than any actually offensive things he has said or claimed to have done. Or perhaps he is not repentant enough about some "youthful indiscretions." Assuming anything he's saying is real and not a character to rile people up, his failure to perpetuate bullshit Disney Fantasyland ideas really, really bothers people for some reason. It's a shame for someone to be shamed for being honest about his perfectly OK sexual preferences.
Some people on this board automatically jump all over a OP if they don't like where the OP is either coming from, or what the OP says.

Whether what he posts is actually true or a fabrication isn't the point -- the point is that he posts it and sometimes comes off as smugly proud when he does. People don't like that and aren't afraid to say so.

I can't answer for Shag but I know many people online who make it a profession to post stuff which garners them attention in some way. Perpetuating this thread is a perfect example :shrug:
Old 11-19-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
So you call everyone in this thread a liar, and purport that you can read their minds and know they're really upset due to sex shaming. You pass off the things they have pointed out as wrong as acceptable or not really the issue, and pass of sexual assault as a mere youthful indiscretion and bragging about it as "not repentant enough."

There is no reason to think the issue is anything other than what people in this thread have said it is. They have said it, and provided the evidence for it. From the original "misogynistic prick" to lying to make himself look better to being creepy and hurting people to bragging about sexual assault.

None of this stuff that is acceptable. Why wouldn't that be the issue people are concerned about?

Also, you can't call him blunt and praise him for it while acting like everyone else being blunt about hating him are doing bad things.

Last edited by BigT; 11-19-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
It's a shame for someone to be shamed for being honest about his perfectly OK sexual preferences.
He has made his sexual preferences the business of this board by constantly lamenting how women fail to meet his ridiculous standards. Why shouldn’t he be ridiculed in return? No one is obligated to respect the guy for being honest about who he disdains and why. You think him airing his opinions is something that we should all just accept and applaud?

The most pathetic thing he’s admitted to is that he looks down on men in relationships with old, unattractive women. I call it pathetic because it’s clear he wants the intimacy and comfort these men have in their lives, but it’s like his ego tries to convince us (and himself) that his envy is really contempt for these men. It is so transparent it is almost pity-inducing.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
(I realize that I just failed again on my claim not to respond to this thread. Negative attention is like a squirrel to peanut butter to me.)
The only thing worse than negative attention is no attention, eh?

Gotta fill that hole.

Drama llama, Shag. Drama llama.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Just another fact check and nothing more. My youngest daughter is a competitive gymnast and has two former Olympic coaches working with her. She was never forced into it and can drop out at any time. It is mortgage payment expensive and a huge time drain for everyone involved but it is her choice. I took her to a very large tournament today and she came in 1st on floor and beam but didn't do as well on bars or vault.

That sent her into hysterics because 2nd place or lower are all just losers in her mind. If you think girls are nicer than boys, you have never met competitive gymnasts. They can make Mean Girls look like a light comedy but I still like most of them. They are all ultra-competitive at the higher levels and have trained countless hours for years and they don't like anything less than perfection. I always have to give the "just do your best and be a good sport" talk before any tournament but it hasn't really sunk in yet. I was drowning in a sea of estrogen this morning including the mothers.

She really can speak French fluently because she has been in a rare public schools French immersion program since kindergarten and has been to France multiple times. Her mother majored in French in college.

She plays chess because her French immersion friends play Chess together during breaks at school. I still make sure to beat her to let her know who is boss but at least she knows how to play.

I never said or even implied that I wanted to sleep with my own daughter. That is sick and offensive to claim. What I said was that I wondered why many women about 40 years old don't have the skills of an 11 year old.
What skills, exactly, are women in their 40s lacking that your 11 year old daughter has? Being bi-lingual? No, that can't be it. Being a gymnast? Ah, now we're a little closer to the real issue. Could it be that you resent the fact that the average 40something woman is not going to be as supple, flexible, and energetic as your 11 year old daughter? I mean, of course they're not. In gymnast world, 25 is over the hill. They retire young for a reason. And no, I don't think you're a pedophile that's actually sexually attracted to your own daughter, but it is very ick that you named her as what your perfect date would be like. Gross, dude.

The fact that this pit thread was met with close to unanimous approval should tell you something. Just consider that maybe, possibly, it is you who are the problem, you have unrealistic expectations, and you have an antiquated, horrific view of what a woman should bring to a relationship. And that will probably never change. You will never find true happiness, at least when it comes to falling in love and the joy that can bring.