Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:38 AM
chaika chaika is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 306
Never has a candidate been more pit-worthy IMO. Others in this thread have counted the ways: his misogyny and objectification of women, his bizarrely transactional view of relationships, his misplaced sense of disgust or outrage when he sees older couples in the supermarket (how dare older people enjoy each other's company! they aren't attractive enough for that!), etc., etc.

He also apparently believes that white men are not the most privileged group in the US. Hahahahahahahahahaha.
  #202  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:52 AM
bucketybuck bucketybuck is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
My youngest daughter is a competitive gymnast and has two former Olympic coaches working with her.
I hope they have more respect for her than her father does.

Or at least they tell her if they swap things around.
  #203  
Old 11-19-2017, 01:32 PM
Muffin Muffin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Great White North
Posts: 19,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketybuck View Post
I hope they have more respect for her than her father does.

Or at least they tell her if they swap things around.
Fortunately, he'll think it is a joke and not be troubled by it, so no harm done.
  #204  
Old 11-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by actualliberalnotoneofthose View Post
...his failure to perpetuate bullshit Disney Fantasyland ideas really, really bothers people for some reason.
Yes, the Don't Rape By Deceit ride used to have them queuing around the block at Anaheim, it was a shame the movie adaptation was such a shoddy cash-grab.
  #205  
Old 11-19-2017, 02:33 PM
erysichthon erysichthon is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfeather View Post
Your imaginary daughter has the same role in your bullshit fantasies as your made-up mother, your fictitious Mammy and your alleged dates: to reflect vicarious glory upon you.
Wait, what? Both Shagnasty and aceplace57 have imaginary daughters?

I'm going to need a spreadsheet to keep track of this stuff!
  #206  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:00 PM
Guest-starring: Id! Guest-starring: Id! is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
It is just the wife, date and girlfriend roles that tick me off.

Oh, I see - you're ticked off by them, now.
And here I was thinking you were reveling in all those heiresses and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoBayer View Post
This is why he has to be seen as so intelligent.

...and a plan succeeding really super brilliantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Negative attention is like a squirrel to peanut butter to me.

Darn - I was hoping to accord you some positive attention, but I guess that positivity would be like an over-40-not-high-income-and-CERTAINLY-NOT-HOT date to you, kinda situation.

Maybe you and actuallyliberalnotoneofothose can go paint the town red. Giggidacious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
My daughter said to me in the car on the way to the gymnastics meet today - "Dad, you would like my science teacher". I said, "I am sure I would, I like science". She said, "That isn't the reason. She is psycho but fun and sort of sweet just like you are".

"Thank you sweetie".

  #207  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:07 PM
expectopatronum expectopatronum is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 776
I don't know about aceplace but I don't personally doubt that Shag's daughters are real. I don't really understand why people always speculate that the subject of whichever trainwreck du jour is being discussed is just making up everything out of whole cloth. When there are inconsistencies in stories people tell it doesn't usually mean the story is a complete fabrication. People embellish, minimize their own bad actions, misremember things, choose to remember things a certain way, on and on. Yes, it does happen that people invent fictional families/spouses etc (former member etv78 was famous for this) but i highly doubt that's the case here.
  #208  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Guest-starring: Id! Guest-starring: Id! is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,244
Sure - the daughters probably do exist, as do the embellishments.
  #209  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:14 PM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by erysichthon View Post
Wait, what? Both Shagnasty and aceplace57 have imaginary daughters?

I'm going to need a spreadsheet to keep track of this stuff!
Well, what they both have in common is a Potemkin Village sort of existence where either poster only brings them out to try to lend credence to some bullshit anecdote, in acey's case something about monkeys he's read in the Daily Mail, in Shaggy's some redpill crap about why he doesn't have a girlfriend because he's too good for the hundreds of women prostrating themselves at his feet. Acey's kids and Shaggy's ex/daughter/mother/Mammy are just painted scenery flats.
  #210  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Guest-starring: Id! Guest-starring: Id! is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,244
I just hope this isn't his favourite band.
  #211  
Old 11-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest-starring: Id! View Post
I just hope this isn't his favourite band.
Probably the Revolting Cocks.
  #212  
Old 11-19-2017, 04:04 PM
Lamia Lamia is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 13,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by expectopatronum View Post
I don't know about aceplace but I don't personally doubt that Shag's daughters are real. I don't really understand why people always speculate that the subject of whichever trainwreck du jour is being discussed is just making up everything out of whole cloth. When there are inconsistencies in stories people tell it doesn't usually mean the story is a complete fabrication. People embellish, minimize their own bad actions, misremember things, choose to remember things a certain way, on and on. Yes, it does happen that people invent fictional families/spouses etc (former member etv78 was famous for this) but i highly doubt that's the case here.
I also don't see any particular reason to doubt that little Ivanka and Tiffany exist. Plenty of horrible people have children, and I haven't noticed that Shagnasty has made any particularly outlandish claims about them. That an 11 year old would take gymnastics and know how to play board games is pretty ordinary, the only weird thing is how often Shagnasty brings this sort of thing up.

It probably strikes people as fishy that Shagnasty habitually describes his daughters and everyone else with a bunch of unnecessary details. He'll include their exact age, hobbies, and where they're from even if it's totally irrelevant. That's the sort of thing magazine articles about how to spot a liar warn you to watch out for. However, while I think Shagnasty is often dishonest, his odd way of rattling off people's stats whenever he mentions them may simply be due to his lack of empathy. Perhaps he talks about people as if they were objects because that's all other people are to him. Maybe to him having a daughter who can play chess (AND checkers!) is like having a high-end stereo system.

Last edited by Lamia; 11-19-2017 at 04:09 PM.
  #213  
Old 11-19-2017, 05:35 PM
Guest-starring: Id! Guest-starring: Id! is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfeather View Post
Probably the Revolting Cocks.

Well, as long as this isn't his favourite tune.

I do a lotta talkin' but I don't say much

Last edited by Guest-starring: Id!; 11-19-2017 at 05:37 PM.
  #214  
Old 11-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Nawth Chucka Nawth Chucka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Whites elevated; UT
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
Maybe to him having a daughter who can play chess (AND checkers!) is like having a high-end stereo system.
More like things than other humans w/ complex emotions and personal agency? I could see it.
__________________
Healthcare.gov signup is only NOV1 to DEC15/17.
  #215  
Old 11-19-2017, 06:40 PM
expectopatronum expectopatronum is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 776
Yeah, Lamia, I think you're definitely on to something with that observation.
  #216  
Old 11-19-2017, 08:14 PM
QuickSilver QuickSilver is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 15,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
I also don't see any particular reason to doubt that little Ivanka and Tiffany exist. Plenty of horrible people have children, and I haven't noticed that Shagnasty has made any particularly outlandish claims about them. That an 11 year old would take gymnastics and know how to play board games is pretty ordinary, the only weird thing is how often Shagnasty brings this sort of thing up.

It probably strikes people as fishy that Shagnasty habitually describes his daughters and everyone else with a bunch of unnecessary details. He'll include their exact age, hobbies, and where they're from even if it's totally irrelevant. That's the sort of thing magazine articles about how to spot a liar warn you to watch out for. However, while I think Shagnasty is often dishonest, his odd way of rattling off people's stats whenever he mentions them may simply be due to his lack of empathy. Perhaps he talks about people as if they were objects because that's all other people are to him. Maybe to him having a daughter who can play chess (AND checkers!) is like having a high-end stereo system.
It's classic narcissism. They're added value to him because he can use their accomplishments to enhance and advance his own feelings of inadequacy. He's simply that empty and shallow that he feels no compunction in using his own daughters to enhance his own status. It's not paternal pride that he feels when he describes her accomplishments. He's living vicariously through them and Basking In Reflected Glory (BIRG).

Wait until they grow up and stop acting in ways that please or serve him. I think they are very likely to find themselves on the receiving end of some seriously controlling and emotionally abusive behavior.
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #217  
Old 11-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
It probably strikes people as fishy that Shagnasty habitually describes his daughters and everyone else with a bunch of unnecessary details. He'll include their exact age, hobbies, and where they're from even if it's totally irrelevant. That's the sort of thing magazine articles about how to spot a liar warn you to watch out for. However, while I think Shagnasty is often dishonest, his odd way of rattling off people's stats whenever he mentions them may simply be due to his lack of empathy. Perhaps he talks about people as if they were objects because that's all other people are to him. Maybe to him having a daughter who can play chess (AND checkers!) is like having a high-end stereo system.
It's not just the details, though, it's that he's one of those people who has a suspiciously involved and apt anecdote for every topic, which is a sure sign of a serial bullshitter: anyone been to South Africa? Why, as as luck would have it, his celebrated mother just happens to be plagiarising Wikipedia there now! Researching genealogy? Why, he can trace his family ancestry in the Southern US back to the early 17th century, although naturally there there were no black people involved!
  #218  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:59 PM
nearwildheaven nearwildheaven is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
It's classic narcissism. They're added value to him because he can use their accomplishments to enhance and advance his own feelings of inadequacy. He's simply that empty and shallow that he feels no compunction in using his own daughters to enhance his own status. It's not paternal pride that he feels when he describes her accomplishments. He's living vicariously through them and Basking In Reflected Glory (BIRG).

Wait until they grow up and stop acting in ways that please or serve him. I think they are very likely to find themselves on the receiving end of some seriously controlling and emotionally abusive behavior.
And that's why he seldom talks about his other daughter, the one who's not such a high achiever, and when he does, it's to point this out.
  #219  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:26 PM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,068
Let's back up a bit. I was in a serious relationship and then marriage until I was 36. I had no experience with dating until then. My ex-wife literally just wound up in my bed because I left the door unlocked one night even though I barely knew her (was that sexual assault on her part?).

Since then I have learned how to play dating apps like a kid in a candy store and I am good at it. I wanted one of each and I got them including a college cheerleader, a wealthy Turk, a beautiful Irish woman and lots more but they simply weren't relationship material for me. It was just fun while it lasted and no one got hurt.

I can get many dates a week if I want and I do my best to make sure my dates have a good time and I pay for everything. There is usually no sex involved because I don't sleep with people I don't bond strongly with. It is like a PG version of an escort service. I screen for looks, profession, income and zip code every day. The yield rate is low but it works if you keep trying. I have gotten some ridiculously improbable dates before.

I thought my requirements were too high but I think I found one that matches all of my requirements. We are going out again tomorrow and already have a budding relationship. She is a Jewish heiress single mom that matches my personality. I don't want her money. I just don't want anyone to take mine and not mess with my daughters. I do have some empathy - just not for most people; only those on my team and then it is extremely strong.
  #220  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:39 PM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
No, the thing about lies is that they don't become true if you repeat them enough or add enough embellishments.
  #221  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:39 PM
Helena330 Helena330 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Near Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 2,928
Wait, just a few days ago you were starting a relationship with the woman from Long Island. Are she and the Jewish heiress the same person?
  #222  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:56 PM
Lamia Lamia is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 13,209
In a strange way it's kind of satisfying when the subject of a Pit thread comes into the thread to do exactly the thing they're being Pitted for.
  #223  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
Wait, just a few days ago you were starting a relationship with the woman from Long Island. Are she and the Jewish heiress the same person?
Yes. Her family was one of the founders of the junk mail industry and still own a lot of it. Flame away. She moved to be away from her family though. They have more than enough money but more drama than the Soprantos. Sign me up. That is what I am here for.

Last edited by Shagnasty; 11-19-2017 at 11:02 PM.
  #224  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:08 PM
erysichthon erysichthon is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
I do have some empathy - just not for most people; only those on my team and then it is extremely strong.
I think it's time we administered the Voight-Kampff test to Shags.

Holden: The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

Shagnasty: Whaddaya mean, I'm not helping?

Holden: I mean you're not helping! Why is that, Shaggy?

Shagnasty: We had circle-jerks at my school. We also had penis-measuring contests. The school mysteriously burned down shortly after that. Have I mentioned my ABD degree?
  #225  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
I wanted one of each and I got them including a college cheerleader, a wealthy Turk, a beautiful Irish woman and lots more...
All of this Derek Flint 'girls of all nations' stuff doesn't lend credence to your story, Shaggy, it just makes people roll their eyes and say, "So, no Haitian voodoo priestesses or Balinese temple dancers, then?" It doesn't make you sound like a debonair man about town, Shaggy, it makes you sound like the kid at school whose only claim on popularity was boasting that he had more and better toys, toys that nobody else in the school had, toys that he could never quite produce.
  #226  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:42 PM
Beckdawrek Beckdawrek is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 2,141
Sad, just sad.
  #227  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:45 PM
TokyoBayer TokyoBayer is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 9,099
You’re back! Maybe you can answer the question concerning your claimed make out session.

In the initial accounts you said involved light petting which you further defined as touching her breasts over her bra. In your latest thread, you repeated claimed it was just kissing and you were the real victim.

A. We’re you lying before? Was there no petting?

B. Are you lying now? There was petting but you’re too chickenshit to stick with the story.

Or:

C. There never was this make out session but you can’t admit your BS.
  #228  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:50 PM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
My new girlfriend the rich heiress invented junk mail! Her family owns the biggest Silly Putty factory in the Western hemisphere! She won Miss Gibraltar seven years in a row and then they retired her ballgown! She hosts her own home renovation TV show and can breathe through her feet!
  #229  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:55 PM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
I have a Star Wars action figure of Han Solo giving Darth Vader the finger and it's the only one ever made because the factory destroyed the mould afterwards and it's worth a million dollars and my Dad brought it back for me from a trip but he says I'm not allowed to show it to you because it's too expensive and you could see it at my house except it's on loan to the Smithsonian.
  #230  
Old 11-19-2017, 11:56 PM
nearwildheaven nearwildheaven is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9,067
And he never seems to change his stories about his wife and daughters. Nothing about their personalities, nothing about day-to-day things they have done, etc.
  #231  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:07 AM
erysichthon erysichthon is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfeather View Post
I have a Star Wars action figure of Han Solo giving Darth Vader the finger and it's the only one ever made because the factory destroyed the mould afterwards and it's worth a million dollars and my Dad brought it back for me from a trip but he says I'm not allowed to show it to you because it's too expensive and you could see it at my house except it's on loan to the Smithsonian.
I like how you incorporated Shaggy's pathological comma-avoidance into that.
  #232  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:19 AM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by erysichthon View Post
I like how you incorporated Shaggy's pathological comma-avoidance into that.
It's a gift I have.
  #233  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:25 AM
octopus octopus is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 5,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Let's back up a bit. I was in a serious relationship and then marriage until I was 36. I had no experience with dating until then. My ex-wife literally just wound up in my bed because I left the door unlocked one night even though I barely knew her (was that sexual assault on her part?).

Since then I have learned how to play dating apps like a kid in a candy store and I am good at it. I wanted one of each and I got them including a college cheerleader, a wealthy Turk, a beautiful Irish woman and lots more but they simply weren't relationship material for me. It was just fun while it lasted and no one got hurt.

I can get many dates a week if I want and I do my best to make sure my dates have a good time and I pay for everything. There is usually no sex involved because I don't sleep with people I don't bond strongly with. It is like a PG version of an escort service. I screen for looks, profession, income and zip code every day. The yield rate is low but it works if you keep trying. I have gotten some ridiculously improbable dates before.

I thought my requirements were too high but I think I found one that matches all of my requirements. We are going out again tomorrow and already have a budding relationship. She is a Jewish heiress single mom that matches my personality. I don't want her money. I just don't want anyone to take mine and not mess with my daughters. I do have some empathy - just not for most people; only those on my team and then it is extremely strong.
This is what Iím not getting. Whatís wrong with an heiressís money?
  #234  
Old 11-20-2017, 01:27 AM
Penfeather Penfeather is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfeather View Post
It's a gift I have.
His writing mimics his thought processes, a 12 year old's jumbled rush to pile embellishment upon nonsense without pause for thought or breath, heaping turd upon turd until there's a smelly ziggurat of bullshit with him perched atop crowing like a dunghill rooster.
  #235  
Old 11-20-2017, 02:16 AM
Nawth Chucka Nawth Chucka is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Whites elevated; UT
Posts: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
This is what Iím not getting. Whatís wrong with an heiressís money?
Money = control to Shagnasty and control should always go to the penisholder.
__________________
Healthcare.gov signup is only NOV1 to DEC15/17.

Last edited by Nawth Chucka; 11-20-2017 at 02:16 AM.
  #236  
Old 11-20-2017, 02:31 AM
Beckdawrek Beckdawrek is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: So.Ark ?
Posts: 2,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwildheaven View Post
And that's why he seldom talks about his other daughter, the one who's not such a high achiever, and when he does, it's to point this out.
I am beginning to worry about this child, if she is real. Why is she not mentioned as much, does she not meet the expectations of this man. God, I hope she never hurts his feelings. All he has to do is wish and bad things could happen to her.
  #237  
Old 11-20-2017, 03:51 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopus View Post
This is what Iím not getting. Whatís wrong with an heiressís money?
I don't care about her money. I do worry about someone trying to take mine if things became that serious. That is not an idle concern. I am an heir myself for huge amounts of land and mineral rights spread over three states and it very easy to screw things up. I need someone that is in the same situation I am in. The only way I could ever get married again is with a prenup the size of Gone With the Wind. I will be happy to treat anyone well as long as they are nice to me and leave my daughters alone but you aren't marrying me for the money. You better bring your own.

Luckily I found someone that meets those criteria and has the same problem. I will have to see how it goes today but it is very promising so far.
  #238  
Old 11-20-2017, 04:34 AM
bucketybuck bucketybuck is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,008
You don't happen to fight crime at night by any chance?
  #239  
Old 11-20-2017, 04:52 AM
Charlie Tan Charlie Tan is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Scania
Posts: 4,902
What do you want from life
To kidnap an heiress
or threaten her with a knife
What do you want from life
To get cable TV
and watch it every night

<snip>

What do you want from life
An Indian guru
to show you the inner light
What do you want from life
a meaningless love affair
with a girl that you met tonight


(Spooner & Evans)
  #240  
Old 11-20-2017, 04:54 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketybuck View Post
You don't happen to fight crime at night by any chance?
Only once and I won.
  #241  
Old 11-20-2017, 08:04 AM
Gyrate Gyrate is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Deepest South London
Posts: 20,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfeather View Post
My new girlfriend the rich heiress invented junk mail! Her family owns the biggest Silly Putty factory in the Western hemisphere! She won Miss Gibraltar seven years in a row and then they retired her ballgown! She hosts her own home renovation TV show and can breathe through her feet!
How *is* Morgan Fairchild these days?
__________________
"Don't delude yourself into thinking we're interested in you. We're just here for the trainwreck, man." - DooWahDiddy
  #242  
Old 11-20-2017, 08:41 AM
QuickSilver QuickSilver is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 15,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Luckily I found someone that meets those criteria and has the same problem. I will have to see how it goes today but it is very promising so far.
You are a sad broken little toy and none of this will end well for you.
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #243  
Old 11-20-2017, 08:57 AM
Shagnasty Shagnasty is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 27,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
You are a sad broken little toy and none of this will end well for you.
Maybe but maybe not. I have had really good luck so far plus a whole lot of shitty outcomes. You pays yo' money, you takes yo' chances. All I know is that I have another date with a lovely heiress in a few hours that I really like. Most people never get those but I have starting with my ex-wife. Maybe being an arrogant prick is the key and I never denied being one of those.

On the funny side, saying "none of this will end well for you" is basically the same thing that I got an official warning for even though I deleted it immediately. It was never a threat just like yours isn't but some people overreact.

Then again, maybe you know me better than I know myself. I am replying to this even though I said I wouldn't and you predicted I would. You were certainly right. Bees and honey and all that.
  #244  
Old 11-20-2017, 09:50 AM
Morgenstern Morgenstern is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 9,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Let's back up a bit. I was in a serious relationship and then marriage until I was 36. I had no experience with dating until then. My ex-wife literally just wound up in my bed because I left the door unlocked one night even though I barely knew her (was that sexual assault on her part?).

.


I'm betting it was your armpits, not a real woman.


From the archives of the deep dark SDMB..

Shagnasty05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
I have never had much problem with underarm odor. I have certainly never had strong BO. Many other people's underarm odor smells like onions or perhaps some canned food gone bad. Mine smells like vagina. I ran out of deodorant about three weeks ago and after a few days I stuck a finger under there and smelled. It smelled exactly like pus. It is kind a turn on really. Each underarm has its own unique smell. I feel like I am holding two naked women, one under each arm. As far as I know, no one can smell this but me. If I were single, I could fake guys out with the old smell my finger for proof gambit. As it stands, I have no use for this super-ability.
__________________
Remember, pillage before burning.
  #245  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:19 AM
QuickSilver QuickSilver is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 15,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Maybe but maybe not. I have had really good luck so far plus a whole lot of shitty outcomes. You pays yo' money, you takes yo' chances. All I know is that I have another date with a lovely heiress in a few hours that I really like. Most people never get those but I have starting with my ex-wife. Maybe being an arrogant prick is the key and I never denied being one of those.

On the funny side, saying "none of this will end well for you" is basically the same thing that I got an official warning for even though I deleted it immediately. It was never a threat just like yours isn't but some people overreact.

Then again, maybe you know me better than I know myself. I am replying to this even though I said I wouldn't and you predicted I would. You were certainly right. Bees and honey and all that.
Your problem isn't arrogance. It's your obvious lack of self-esteem and self-awareness that's your greatest downfall.
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #246  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:34 AM
Maurie Maurie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
I've skipped over a lot of the posts and the previous train wreck so tell me this: Is there one single woman on this board who doesn't think he's absolutely brimming to the ears full of horseshit? I'd give anything to see a video of one of these dates to see what's going on from a normal human perspective.
I think he probably can occasionally come across as charming when he wants to and works at it, but that the self-importance and weird sense of superiority reveals itself fairly quickly. Stuff like his hilarious haughtiness about his museum dateís attire would be obvious in an instant (and is the likely reason his date totally ditched him that day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Just another fact check and nothing more. My youngest daughter is a competitive gymnast and has two former Olympic coaches working with her. She was never forced into it and can drop out at any time. It is mortgage payment expensive and a huge time drain for everyone involved but it is her choice. I took her to a very large tournament today and she came in 1st on floor and beam but didn't do as well on bars or vault.

That sent her into hysterics because 2nd place or lower are all just losers in her mind. If you think girls are nicer than boys, you have never met competitive gymnasts. They can make Mean Girls look like a light comedy but I still like most of them. They are all ultra-competitive at the higher levels and have trained countless hours for years and they don't like anything less than perfection. I always have to give the "just do your best and be a good sport" talk before any tournament but it hasn't really sunk in yet. I was drowning in a sea of estrogen this morning including the mothers.

She really can speak French fluently because she has been in a rare public schools French immersion program since kindergarten and has been to France multiple times. Her mother majored in French in college.

She plays chess because her French immersion friends play Chess together during breaks at school. I still make sure to beat her to let her know who is boss but at least she knows how to play.

I never said or even implied that I wanted to sleep with my own daughter. That is sick and offensive to claim. What I said was that I wondered why many women about 40 years old don't have the skills of an 11 year old.
I have no problem believing these pretty mundane claims about his daughterís skills. My kids go to a French immersion school too, and we play chess all the time, and my daughter also spends a ridiculous number of hours a week working with former Olympians at a competitive sport (though is significantly more resilient when she doesnít win everything all the time). Lots of kids do these things, and itís great that he is proud of his daughter (though seriously, man. Literal hysterics over 2nd place is really gross.) What is puzzling is why he thinks the skills these 40 year old women have are less valuable than the ones his daughter has, and why he would compare them to her, rather than himself, you know? It would have come across a lot better (though still insufferably arrogant) had he listed his own skills and interests and lamented his inability to find dates who were as accomplished as he is.
  #247  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:39 AM
expectopatronum expectopatronum is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 776
Shags you are doing a terrible job at not responding to this thread.
  #248  
Old 11-20-2017, 11:46 AM
bobkitty bobkitty is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The end of the tunnel
Posts: 3,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post

On the funny side, saying "none of this will end well for you" is basically the same thing that I got an official warning for even though I deleted it immediately. It was never a threat just like yours isn't but some people overreact.
No, itís really not. The origin of QuickSilverís phrase is easily found and clearly understood. Your threat comes after a multi-year history of bragging about exacting revenge on Those That Done You Wrong, even after years, as well as a history of criminal activity, and is coupled with an extreme disdain for women. The warning was the natural result of years of cultivating your persona as a badass hair-trigger thug when you imagine youíve been slighted.

Want to talk overreacting? Threatening to take revenge on a woman that doesnít respond to your pathetic mating attempts on your timetable.
__________________
pointedly does NOT cop a cheap feel from bobkitty, who he imagines has sharp claws and can hiss like a pissed-off bobcat-iampunha
Baroness Junior Grade of Furry Wilderness Creatures.
  #249  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Sarahfeena Sarahfeena is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 8,816
It's so odd...I've literally never heard anyone use the word "heir" or "heiress" in describing themselves or people they know in normal conversation. Like...never.
  #250  
Old 11-20-2017, 12:12 PM
IvoryTowerDenizen IvoryTowerDenizen is online now
"Superstar"
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North Shore of LI
Posts: 18,213
You know what? I’m am in no way an heiress, but I’m perfectly capable of supporting myself. I’m not sure why the only options are gold-digging leech hoping to take your daughters’ inheritance or heiress.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@chicagoreader.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: sdsubscriptions@chicagoreader.com.

Copyright © 2017 Sun-Times Media, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017