Yo, Beltane, over here. Let's talk about Pain.

Hey, I just noticed your posts in the “Breasts” thread in IMHO, and saw your sig.

Are you in Alabama somewhere? I used to see those guys all the time when I was in grad school in Tuscaloosa. I love their music.

I am actually in Atlanta Georgia. Pain has been through here several times. I have to admit that I have never seen them live, although several of my friends have. I really love their music though.
I’d love to see them live. I’ve heard stories about “their freind bob” - a human sizes doll filled with packing peanuts, that gets thrown into mosh pit.

Cool. I’m actually kind of worried about them. I haven’t heard anything about them for so long, I’m beiginning to fear that they’re defunct.

They’re live shows kick so much ass that it’s hard to know where to begin. Everybody loved them. I used to see everyone from middle aged yuppies to frat guys to 18-year-old punk kids at their shows. It was hard not to like them, since on stage, they were funny and wonderfully centered on the crowd, and off stage, they were all really nice people. Liz, the keyboard player (and the bassist’s wife,) went to grad school with my girlfriend, so we used to hang out with the band fairly often. Nice folks.

“Our Friend Bob” was an inspired idea. Theyd make a mannequin out of cardboard and balloons, then in the middle of “Fight,” they’d toss it out into the Pit. It didn’t last long. It may sound brutal, but it was a lot of fun.

Anyway, have you seen the video for “In A Band?” It played a few times on MTV (bastards don’t know talent from a hole in their heads.) It’s hysterical. It’s obviously all homemade. They probably spent about $50 on it.

Check it out at http://www.thepainpage.com

I was just on that site before my last post. I LOVE the song “fight”.

I personally have very diverse musical tastes. I like alot of “fun” bands though, like PAIN, the B52’s and They Might Be Giants.

As to the diversity of my muscial tastes as I said, in this thread

what other bands/types of music do you enjoy?