Quick Change

Bill Murray, Geena Davis, Randy Quaid, Jason Robards - how can you lose?

I love this movie… for some reason, I can watch it over and over, like a mental patient. “Oh, sir! You forgot your map! And our million dollars!”

“We came … about the money.”

And what, for some reason, is Geena Davis’ best line… when they’re in the middle of being lost and then are held up… “Oh, this is a fucking nightmare!” Maybe it’s just the delivery, or the fact that I’ve had days that remind me of that feeling…

Anyway, I love this movie.

• Rick

Bricker, this movie is in Mr. S’s and my top five favorites. We even named a batch of barn kittens Loomis, Grimm, and Phil (we had been hoping that they were two boys and a girl, but oh well). Unfortunately Loomis and Phil have gone to the big catnip patch in the sky, but Grimmy’s still around. And we registered our new springer puppy as Miss Phyllis Potter. :smiley:

So many great lines:

“If only we could find a landmark!”

“Where’d you get this, off a matchbook? It’s perfect if you want to pick up Paul Bunyan.”

“Dubuque?” “Des Moines.”

“Did you get a description?” “Oh yeah . . . average build, average height, red nose, blue hair.”

I could go on and on. Seems like every line is a classic. We also loved Tony Shalhoub’s perfect imitation of a bus horn. “Bleftoni!” The dueling-mop-handles guys were just bizarre.

Oh, and don’t bother to track down the book on which the movie is based. We did and it blows. I have great espect for the screenwriter – he/she took a piece of crap and turned it into a fabulous movie.

Now get behind the white line!

Definitely an underrated gem.

“Can it, here comes Clarabell”

I LOVE this movie. Sure wish it was available on DVD. Isn’t weired how film companies release SO much crap yet they still have not released gems like this? I can’t imagine why this isn’t available.

Great movie. Very funny.

“‘Hey, baby! Up your butt with a coconut!’ I think he was prepared to do it!”

“I bet there’s huge competition for that street corner.”

“You gotta get some help. You’re becoming Ralph Kramden’s evil twin.”

“ESP exists, Grimm - they’ve proved it.” “Yeah - you picking up anything from me now?”

• Rick

I just remembered one that we always use to say that we’re short on cash . . .

:: wait for it ::

“Four dollars?” “Well, I couldn’t get to the bank today.”

Even funnier when, as occasionally happens, you actually HAVE only four dollars.

Some from Mr. S:

::oh yeah, this is another one we use all the time:: “I saw a SIGN, Phyllisssss!”

“You goddamn straphangers are ruining Mrs. Crane’s beverage service!!”

“There’s a DEAD MAN!! . . . Thirty-eight eighty-two.”

Man, Bricker, it’s my bedtime, but I gotta go throw it in the VCR.

Well, I envy you – I’ll have to be content with playing the mp3 of Nat King Cole doing L-O-V-E.

Enjoy!

“Grimm. You have a gun. Shoot them.” “I would, but… they’re fur-bearing. Wouldn’t I need a permit, or something?”

• Rick

:eek::eek::eek:
You don’t have your own copy?? Geez, we have TWO! (One, we lent to a friend who “lost” it, so we bought another, then he found it.)

And you call yourself a fan . . . :wink:

“Nude women! . . . Nude women! . . . Clowns welcome! . . . Clowns welcome! . . . Nude women! . . . .”

“They ALL cold-cocked me!”

OK, I’ll stop now. Maybe.

My personal favorite line, after Bill Murray tries to flag down a cab offering $2000, Geena Davis shouting:
“$2000 and a BLOWJOB!”
Then Bill looks at her and says:
“Let’s not get carried away here.”

I love that movie. :slight_smile:

Bill Murray is a comedy GOD!