Old 12-10-2017, 05:10 AM

Trumpist reaction to Palestinian Day of Rage?

Dear Leader made a move designed to incite Palestinian anger and the Palestinians ... got angry. Israel responded to violence with violence of course, so Palestinians are now being injured and killed. I think we need a thread to discuss what Trump supporters think of all this.

Since Trumpists are not noted for articulations reflecting any discernable thought beyond "Duh ... a capitol[sic] is a capitol[sic]," it may be necessary to help out less articulate conservatives:
@ Trumpists — Please select from among the multiple choice options: Which comes closest to your view?

(A) Trump is the smartest deal maker ever to sit in the Oval Office and is engaged in three-dimensional chess far beyond the ken of any libtard. We can't look as deep into the future as he can, but we can be sure this will all Make America Great Again.

(B) The dead and injured are all Muslims, aren't they? Win - Win.

(C) Congress twisted Trump's arm with its Resolution 22 years ago. Clinton, Bush, Obama — they didn't obey the Congressional order. Trump's hands were tied: he didn't want to follow in the criminal footsteps of his predecessors. Some eggs are broken? How else can you make an omelette?

(D) It's all good. The Lame-stream media was wasting our time with its FakeNews about Russian "collusion," and spreading lies about the Greatest Tax Cut in the History of the Universe. MidEast violence will help focus media attention on what matters: The huge virility of our ferocious Leader. Even his teeniest farts are more powerful than machine-gun bullets from the cowardly Obama. With a mere word Trump can make the world tremble in fear. Let's root for even more violence against the Palestinians and continue to demonstrate American's Greatness to the World.

(E) Other: __________.
(F) Other: __________.
(G) Other: __________.

Have I left out any good options? As you can see, I've left room for Republicans to state their own views if they don't quite agree with options (A)-(D).
Old 12-10-2017, 06:09 AM

I have to say, as Days of Rage go, this one wasn't that bad. Certainly not the worse one this year.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:20 AM

All he did was make naked what was already known in the region, so not any great point in getting mad. The only parties to be surprised are the self decievers among the americans and maybe some of the europeans who fooled themselves into thinking any parties in the region have really thought of the americans as any kind of neutral party.

of course he thew away any leverage he has with your government for getting things. so I guess that does change something in making it more pointless for any palestinian party to deal with the americans in any serious way.

Last edited by Ramira; 12-10-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:22 AM

To be fair, I don't think apathy lends itself to replying in the pit.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:28 AM

Meh, on Houston freeways, every day is a day of rage.

Seriously, though: I know Frump is pandering to a constituency that helped get him elected, but I am patiently waiting for someone to explain to me why it is so important to certain Christians that the embassy to one particular secular government be located in the city of a particular religious shrine. 'Cause I'm not getting it.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:28 AM

E. Palewhat?
F. Hooray, this means Jesus is coming back soon.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:33 AM

There are a few threads on the boards started by Trump supporters about this. According to those threads it seems Trump is the smartest stretegist in the room, a tell-it-like-it-is realist, or a poor soul doing what he was -not bound to- but legally able to do.
MAGA!
Old 12-10-2017, 08:51 AM

I missed an important Trump supporter reaction to this:
"If the Palestinians riot over this like the animals that I already believe they are, then that will prove what animals they are."
MAGA!
Old 12-10-2017, 09:13 AM

(F) You're a gimp.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
I missed an important Trump supporter reaction to this:
"If the Palestinians riot over this like the animals that I already believe they are, then that will prove what animals they are."
MAGA!
Can't that be refined just a touch further? Presumably not all of them will riot; those who do will show what they really are -- and those who refrain, likewise.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:58 AM

It was painful enough for me to try to put myself in the mind of a Trump supporter. Why must you torture me??

Last edited by bobot; 12-10-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:04 AM

e) Trump is a troll and the Palestinians who took the bait were less than smart weren't they?
Old 12-10-2017, 12:03 PM

I checked the other threads and was unable to discern any rationale for Trump's move beyond
(H) "It feels good to say 'Fuck You!' to the Palestinians;" or
(I) ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nansbread1 View Post
It now appears that all 3 previous presidents before Trump have indeed announced

Jerusalem is the capital of Israel

Trump has tweeted videos of them saying it in speeches.

So who has egg on their faces now?
... Embarrassing previous Presidents? Using up surplus Newlines so the Democrats can't have them?

Could it be the real motive is something as simple as
(J) Jared Kushner likes a certain Arab brothel near Bethlehem, and a shorter commute for his matinées will make it easier to keep them secret from Ivanka?

I no longer believe Trump has a 3-digit IQ, but even morons don't just shit on the carpets without motive. Do they?

Why haven't the Trumpists joined this thread? We really need to get to the bottom of this. What does the Huckabee-Sanders creature say?
Old 12-10-2017, 12:25 PM

The tangerine turd has lit fires in Pyongyang, and now in the middle east. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing to worry about here.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

Locally, here in Tennessee Tea Party Country--confusion, & vague bleating of support.
Too many local connected by blood ties to military men, or having served themselves, to be too happy with this.

Last edited by Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor; 12-10-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramira View Post
All he did was make naked what was already known in the region, so not any great point in getting mad.
Do you think he should go ahead and recognize Taiwan as an independent state while he's at it?
Old 12-10-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
(D) . . . With a mere word Trump can make the world tremble in fear. . . .
This part is correct.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:36 PM

I agree that Trump is a moron who is trying to destroy America, Israel and Palestine, all, and everything he does is stupidly destructive. But honestly, is there a peace process? From where I sit (admittedly thousands of miles away), it seems like all sides are pretty ok with the status quo. Certainly, there doesn't seem to be any urgency about the matter.

There's no serious discussion between anyone, is there? You can't set back a process that isn't happening.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:42 PM

You can if you announce that you've chosen sides.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr4 View Post
Do you think he should go ahead and recognize Taiwan as an independent state while he's at it?
Don't give him any ideas!
Old 12-10-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Seriously, though: I know Frump is pandering to a constituency that helped get him elected, but I am patiently waiting for someone to explain to me why it is so important to certain Christians that the embassy to one particular secular government be located in the city of a particular religious shrine. 'Cause I'm not getting it.
God gave Palestine to the Jews. See Genesis 15:18; Deut. 11:24; and other Bible verses.

II Samuel 5 tells how David captured Jerusalem. He then made it the capital city of Israel. Even though the Jews have not always had physical possession of the city since then, they still retained title to it. Morally, spiritually, and legally, Jerusalem has been their capital for 3,000 years.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
God gave Palestine to the Jews. ...
Are you fucking serious?
Old 12-10-2017, 10:07 PM

To be fair, he is replying to a post which asked "why it is so important to certain Christians that the embassy to one particular secular government be located in the city of a particular religious shrine." Flyer is explaining it according to the religious doctrine.

Whether religious doctrine should have any bearing on politics and geography is another question entirely.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:10 PM

If someone were to give Donald Trump an idea, it would die of loneliness.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
I agree that Trump is a moron who is trying to destroy America, Israel and Palestine, all, and everything he does is stupidly destructive. But honestly, is there a peace process? From where I sit (admittedly thousands of miles away), it seems like all sides are pretty ok with the status quo. Certainly, there doesn't seem to be any urgency about the matter.

There's no serious discussion between anyone, is there? You can't set back a process that isn't happening.
You can if you are now changing that status quo. A status quo all sides are okay with is effectively a tentative peace. By changing that status quo so that one side is not okay with it, you have just created new arguments. You've set back the tentative peace that was in place.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
God gave Palestine to the Jews. See Genesis 15:18; Deut. 11:24; and other Bible verses.

II Samuel 5 tells how David captured Jerusalem. He then made it the capital city of Israel. Even though the Jews have not always had physical possession of the city since then, they still retained title to it. Morally, spiritually, and legally, Jerusalem has been their capital for 3,000 years.
Quote:
Are you fucking serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquernagy View Post
To be fair, he is replying to a post which asked "why it is so important to certain Christians that the embassy to one particular secular government be located in the city of a particular religious shrine." Flyer is explaining it according to the religious doctrine.

Whether religious doctrine should have any bearing on politics and geography is another question entirely.
The keen-eyed observer will note that Flyer "cleverly" slid "legally," "morally," and "title" into his list of justifications for his religious doctrine.

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 12-10-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:31 PM

God gave Palestine to the Israelites. He gave Judah to the Jews. And, if He is unhappy with the current situation, He is, as he did before, capable of intervening and handling the situation Himself.

In actuality, He made promises to all of Abraham's descendants.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
The keen-eyed observer will note that Flyer "cleverly" slid "legally," "morally," and "title" into his list of justifications for his religious doctrine.
I'd certainly like to see the "title" concept explained. I didn't know they had title companies in Biblical times.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
I'd certainly like to see the "title" concept explained. I didn't know they had title companies in Biblical times.
Well, I'd like to hear more about that and this 3,000 year-old law, apparently recognized in International courts, defining Jerusalem as the capital of the modern, secular Israeli state. Sorry, my Bible study classes were a long time ago and I clearly missed this fascinating bit of information.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
You can if you announce that you've chosen sides.
Has there ever really been any question of whose side the US is on? The US has been a friend and ally of Israel for decades. The US has never been a friend or ally of the Palestinians, and again, being honest, they've never been friends or allies to us, have they?

But, so what?

We're not special friends with Egypt, either, and we still managed to help broker a deal that has held successfully for decades.

The Palestinians could get a similar deal (Settle on a border; Work together; We give you all gobs of money) with us any time they want. They could have had that deal anytime the last fifty years.

Hell. They can still get it. You think the Bloody Stupid Great Negotiator would pass up a chance at a Nobel Peace Medal? He'd have a Big, Beautiful Party in the Rose Garden and go down in history as the Man Who Solved World Peace.

US is best friends with countries who have been at open war with us. We would be -delighted- to be friends with Palestine and (still being honest ) capitalize on the opportunities for investment in Palestine. But we can't want this more than the Israelis and Palestinians want this for themselves.

Palestinians need to face reality, "reality" being - it doesn't matter where the US puts its embassy (Hell, we can always move it again if we need to. If Palestine gets their part of Jerusalem, we're going to need two embassies there anyway, right?).

What matters is that every single day that passes with Israel in complete control of Jerusalem makes it less likely that the Palestinians will get even a side street to call their own. If the Palestinians want Jerusalem or anything else, they need to stop with the self-defeating foot dragging otherwise they're going to look up in a 100 years and the facts on the ground will have past them by.

This move isn't upsetting the status quo. It's acknowledging a status quo that has been in place for years. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. If the Palestinians want to change that, they need to haul up their socks and make some effort at negotiating an agreement. Burning flags is a giant waste of their time - and time is what's on track to defeat them.

Last edited by Merneith; 12-11-2017 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:40 AM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Are you fucking serious?
You seem not to be familiar with this poster. Yes, he's completely serious.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:41 AM

Damn, I noticed past for passed too late to save myself.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:53 AM

The main thing this proved is that our President is actually the WORST negotiator ever. The dipshit gave away one of his most coveted bargaining chips for absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:13 AM

No, we have no idea who's building trump tower there, do we?
Old 12-11-2017, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
The tangerine turd has lit fires in Pyongyang, and now in the middle east. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing to worry about here.
Trump supporters always seem to have faith that he has some grand vision, a master plan that everyone else is just too short-sighted to see.

He's poking North Korea, Iran, and now Palestine with a stick, while snubbing all of our long-held allies and getting in bed with dictators Erodgan, Duterte, and Putin (that last having the added bonus of reviving the Cold War in the over-the-top McCarthyist response from the Democrats). And providing insane amounts of arms to Saudi Arabia, to use on its neighbors in their jihad to spread Wahhabi Islam.

Taken singly all these actions make no sense.. put it all together and it becomes clear, he does have a plan!

...he's TRYING to set off World War III.

Last edited by AI Proofreader; 12-11-2017 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:36 AM

I voted for Trump & I hope Iran gets nuclear capability and does away with Israel once and for all.

The abrahamic religions are cancer. Yes, especially Christianity.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Proofreader View Post
...he's TRYING to set off World War III.
Fuckin' trilogies, man. Everyone wants to get in on them these days.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak of Twilo View Post
The main thing this proved is that our President is actually the WORST negotiator ever. The dipshit gave away one of his most coveted bargaining chips for absolutely nothing. Nada. Zip.
Heh. What if we have that backwards?

Figure the previous situation was, well, just about useless: offer the Palestinians stuff, it's no good; there's never any progress. Figure they already saw us as being on Israel's side instead of being an impartial broker -- and figure we already had no chips of value, or else we'd have already been moving things forward with 'em.

So what happens if, instead of offering them a 'carrot' to move forward, we go 'stick'? What happens if we simply announce that we're doing something they'd hate, such that maybe they'd say "Please, What Can We Offer You To Stop Doing That?"

What if, instead of losing a bargaining chip, we're creating one?
Old 12-11-2017, 07:40 AM

States and even non-state actors who want to be states have real interests. Symbolic shit does not change their real stance in any way. The Palestinians still want what they want and they'll take it whether Israel puts their capitol in Jerusalem or on Mars. This makes no difference except to rile up the publics of various places.

As for the law, past Presidents should have obeyed it. They had legitimate reasons not to, as rightly they believed that foreign policy is the President's purview. But that gave credence to the idea that this was about foreign policy. It's not. Trade agreements are real foreign policy. This was bullshit. Doesn't make a difference to any parties that really matter in this whole dispute. Plus past Presidents promised to move the embassy to Jerusalem as candidates. While Trump himself is a liar extraordinaire, it would be nice if we started holding Presidents accountable for saying things we know are lies as candidates. Starting with "I will move the embassy to Jerusalem."
Old 12-11-2017, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

I thought of asking about Palestinian reactions to the Trumpist Day of Rage, but then I realized that this question could not be answered without a Trumpist Day of Some Other Kind for comparison.

Last edited by Steve MB; 12-11-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Motorbike View Post
I voted for Trump & I hope Iran gets nuclear capability and does away with Israel once and for all.

The abrahamic religions are cancer. Yes, especially Christianity.
I have turned away from religion, both specific and as a concept, for decades but this is truly breathtaking. Setting aside being in favor of incinerating millions of people, do you really think that such escalation would be magically confined to one tiny region? India and Pakistan both have nuclear weapons and I can easily imagine them using them on each other in this scenario. Even if it were confined, do you really think the environmental and climatic repercussions would not affect the entire world? If your Abramhamic religions are a cancer, your cure would be like trying to stop pancreatic cancer by taking a load of buckshot in the abdomen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General "Buck" Turgidson
Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tooth View Post
If someone were to give Donald Trump an idea, it would die of loneliness.

Thanks; I needed that.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
I have turned away from religion, both specific and as a concept, for decades but this is truly breathtaking. Setting aside being in favor of incinerating millions of people, do you really think that such escalation would be magically confined to one tiny region? India and Pakistan both have nuclear weapons and I can easily imagine them using them on each other in this scenario. Even if it were confined, do you really think the environmental and climatic repercussions would not affect the entire world? If your Abramhamic religions are a cancer, your cure would be like trying to stop pancreatic cancer by taking a load of buckshot in the abdomen.
You atheists are even worse than Abrahamians.

I want to express how little I care where Israel or anyone else says it's capital is. They can move it down to Ari Goldberg's mom's basement for all I care. They can claim it's on the moon. They might as well claim their capital is Washington D.C. because it essentially is.

Fuck Israel. Nominally I'm sympathetic to the Palestinians - I guess. Whatever I don't care. I stand with Iran.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Charter Member

Edgy, bro. So fuckin' edgy.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:04 PM

E) Sheldon Adelson paid a lot of good money to get Jerusalem as the Israeli capital and he wants Trump to deliver the merchandise he paid for. Simple, but I’m sure Steve Bannons gin-blossom nose played a part in this episode
Old 12-11-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:

I want to express how little I care where Israel or anyone else says it's capital is. They can move it down to Ari Goldberg's mom's basement for all I care. They can claim it's on the moon. They might as well claim their capital is Washington D.C. because it essentially is.

Fuck Israel. Nominally I'm sympathetic to the Palestinians - I guess. Whatever I don't care. I stand with Iran.

Allah Akbar!
Old 12-11-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
You atheists are even worse than Abrahamians
Leaving aside everything else you've said here - now you just have me wondering what your religion is.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Leaving aside everything else you've said here - now you just have me wondering what your religion is.
Pagan.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:

Hey now, don't lump all of us in with him. Sure abrahamic most religions are a cancer, but that doesn't mean that I want to murder lots of people. Not even annoying people! Well, most annoying people.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Assholism.