Old 01-10-2018, 11:54 AM

I pit websites with ads.....

...that are so obtrusive that we have to use AdBlocker or something similar, and then they put up a big message bitching about our using AdBlocker because they absolutely *must* show us their ads.

Dammit, people, design your web pages better. Put the ads over on the side where they do not intrude. Nobody buys the crap you're advertising anyway.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:56 AM

Did you save the box your computer came in?
Old 01-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

Now we know how the window really got broken.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Now we know how the window really got broken.
Fuck off. RC, you are a truly annoying little pissant.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

The ad industry seems to have focused just on Ad Blocker. There are other ad blockers out there that remain effective, for the moment.

Look at Blur and Privacy Badger.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothahump View Post
It's like rain on your wedding daaayyy.
It's like a black fly in your Chardonnay.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:11 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Right-wing nut starts non-pit thread in the Pit, gets upset when attacked. Film at 11.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Heh, running coach is a lot of things, but annoying little pissant aint one of them.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
Right-wing nut starts non-pit thread in the Pit, gets upset when attacked. Film at 11.
Or, unrelenting jerk complains about the horrors of having to view Internet ads to people he repeatedly professes to despise...hang on while I locate a rat's ass to give. I'm sure I've got one around here somewhere.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 01-10-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:56 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Precious Snowflake, you really are one sad delicate flower. You're also too fucking stupid to realize that you've so utterly lost credibility on this board that any thread you open in the Pit is going to turn into a pitting of you, no matter what the subject is.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Precious Snowflake, you really are one sad delicate flower. You're also too fucking stupid to realize that you've so utterly lost credibility on this board that any thread you open in the Pit is going to turn into a pitting of you, no matter what the subject is.
From Should you care what other people think of you?
Quote:
Yes.

If you want to be a productive member of society, you need to have people think you are personable and honest. You might get by without the personable part, but you will never succeed without honor and integrity.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Charter Member

Countdown to OP blaming liberals for something in 5... 4... 3...
Old 01-10-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
So...what cochrane said. Of course, Clothahump will just come back with "I don't care what any of you think, you're all liberal window lickers!", to which I must reply, "Try it, this one tastes like watermelon!"
Old 01-10-2018, 02:11 PM

If it weren't for running coach and his superior spam detection abilities, these boards would have dissolved into chaos and anarchy long ago.

What's that? They have? Never mind.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
you've so utterly lost credibility on this board that any thread you open in the Pit is going to turn into a pitting of you, no matter what the subject is.
here it is Humpday and yet Mr. Hump does not get irony.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:13 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
That's utterly hilarious. One of the most ludicrous things (of course, there are many) about Precious Snowflake is how completely lacking in self-awareness he is.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:18 PM

So, I'm guessing the consensus of this thread is that Clothy is more annoying than annoying internet ads?

Last edited by Morgenstern; 01-10-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
In my career, which has largely been in advertising, I can say that almost 100% of the people I met who are in advertising are liberal.

So there's the underlying bugbear. It's not the websites Clothy hates, it's that the libtards are brainwashing him with their liberal ads.

DRINK MORE KOOLAID, CLOTHY!

Last edited by scudsucker; 01-10-2018 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Better brand reference, I guess
Old 01-10-2018, 02:24 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
So, I'm guessing the consensus of this thread is that Clothy is more annoying than annoying internet ads?
There is a small but finite chance that I might actually might be interested in something I see in an internet ad.

Last edited by Colibri; 01-10-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Charter Member

Ultimately, the problem boils down to bad actors ruining it for everyone (e.g. aggressive online ads with features like popups, autoplay video, etc, pushing people who otherwise wouldn't care much either way into taking the trouble of installing adblockers).

Last edited by Steve MB; 01-10-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Quote:
any thread you open in the Pit is going to turn into a pitting of you, no matter what the subject is.
That's exactly why this thread is here. He has a handful of victim cards and knows they don't do any good in IMHO, where this thread should have been in the first place.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:40 PM

Clothy, for you, your president sings. I had no idea he sang so well.

YouTube well worth the 1:57 play time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo_mpwmashg
Old 01-10-2018, 02:43 PM

re: bad actors

You mean like Keanu Reeves?

Last edited by AncientHumanoid; 01-10-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Dammit, people, design your web pages better. Put the ads over on the side where they do not intrude. Nobody buys the crap you're advertising anyway.
I like the ones that have lengthy blogs attached about honour and integrity and walking the warrior's path. Trying to sell memberships to a rinky-dink shopping mall McDojo doesn't make you Musashi Miyamoto.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfeather View Post
I like the ones that have lengthy blogs attached about honour and integrity and walking the warrior's path. Trying to sell memberships to a rinky-dink shopping mall McDojo doesn't make you Musashi Miyamoto.
it's Taekwondo. McDojang is the correct term.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
it's Taekwondo. McDojang is the correct term.
I knew a man, Dojangles.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:05 PM

I pit the advertisement that pops up one the SDMB that hijacks you to the stupid Facebook-Walmart.com bullshittery and locks up my iPhone. Thank god I have made it three whole damn days without it popping back up. I hate that thing. Just opening up the dope hijacks my phone. I don’t even click on anything.

“Mother fucker” and all that since this is the pit.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translucent Daydream View Post
I pit the advertisement that pops up one the SDMB that hijacks you to the stupid Facebook-Walmart.com bullshittery and locks up my iPhone. Thank god I have made it three whole damn days without it popping back up. I hate that thing. Just opening up the dope hijacks my phone. I donít even click on anything.

ďMother fuckerĒ and all that since this is the pit.
I'm sorry, this is abuse. You want Internet ads, room 12A.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:13 PM

“Mother fucker” and all that since this is the pit.

That's worth a pit participation medal.
Comes with 2 free McJudo lessons too.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
ďMother fuckerĒ and all that since this is the pit.

That's worth a pit participation medal.
Comes with 2 free McJudo lessons too.
Hey Iím trying
Old 01-10-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
Ultimately, the problem boils down to bad actors ruining it for everyone (e.g. aggressive online ads with features like popups, autoplay video, etc, pushing people who otherwise wouldn't care much either way into taking the trouble of installing adblockers).
I could care less about popups and autoplaying videos, which are merely annoying. I have adblockers installed because I've gotten malware from ads, including ads from this very board. It's hard to be more annoying than board bozo clothumper, but that shit manages.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
I could care less about popups and autoplaying videos, which are merely annoying. I have adblockers installed because I've gotten malware from ads, including ads from this very board. It's hard to be more annoying than board bozo clothumper, but that shit manages.
You can choose to ignore someone you donít like, but the ad hijacking your browser isnít under your control.

Iíd wager the terrorist ads are worse than any poster.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Heh, running coach is a lot of things, but annoying little pissant aint one of them.
Wrong.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
The funny part is he thinks this happens because the pages are badly designed.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:17 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Wrong.
running_coach actually provides some value to the board,* rather than reducing its value, like you.

*Non just for spam control, but for annoying Precious Snowflakes like you.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I fully understand that the majority of people on this board, like you for example, have less than the mental capacity of a five year old when it comes to posting. I see proof of this every single day. Your quoted post above is a perfect example.

I posted a legitimate gripe. I'm quite sure others have that same gripe. But in the liberal world, that doesn't matter. It's all about who posted it. And you people still wonder why we say liberalism is a mental disorder.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Quote:
Quote:
I fully understand that the majority of people on this board, like you for example, have less than the mental capacity of a five year old when it comes to posting. I see proof of this every single day. Your quoted post above is a perfect example.

I posted a legitimate gripe. I'm quite sure others have that same gripe. But in the liberal world, that doesn't matter. It's all about who posted it. And you people still wonder why we say liberalism is a mental disorder.
As I said:
Quote:
That's exactly why this thread is here. He has a handful of victim cards and knows they don't do any good in IMHO, where this thread should have been in the first place.
In his own words, the board is circling the drain yet he can't pull himself away from it, either. It's like he has a pathological need to feel persecuted by everyone to his left. Thing is, he's so far right that even Bricker is to his left.

Just another form of trolling by C'hump in the one forum where trolling is allowed to an extent. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 01-10-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:37 PM

A 'Fuck off" in only 4 posts! Is that a record? There's only- let me count the ways, 3,2- 2 ways to beat that, any more and you'd have to have a Clothahump OP consisting only of the phrase "Fuck off". The bar has been raised.

Last edited by bobot; 01-10-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: trouble counting
Old 01-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

And yet the liberals here are more willing to call out liberal stupidity than you are to call out right-wing stupidity.
Look at the thread you started. Who's submitted actual Stupid Liberal Ideas? Liberals. While you think a college student doing something stupid represents liberals, you missed the Democrat in the HoR who wants psychological testing for Presidential candidates. That's major league Stupid Liberal Idea. Meanwhile, you're still playing t-ball.
Of course, if a Repub had proposed such an idea while Obama was in office, you'd be cheering it. So much for your integrity.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:44 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:

You know (or think) all this but you posted the thread anyway. You're a fuckwit with less learning capacity than a flatworm.

Last edited by Colibri; 01-10-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member

Quote:
You know (or think) all this but you posted the thread anyway. You're a fuckwit with less learning capacity than a flatworm.
Maybe he's finally ready to give up on the board but is such a pathetic creature he can't even do that right?
Old 01-10-2018, 05:04 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Quote:
Maybe he's finally ready to give up on the board but is such a pathetic creature he can't even do that right?
He tells us frequently how much he despises and hates us all, and then still wants to play with us like everything is cool. Precious Snowflake seems to have missed out on most of the socialization most people pick up by kindergarten.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hey, at least flatworms are good for research!

Think we should try this experiment with our P?
Old 01-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
...that are so obtrusive that we have to use AdBlocker or something similar, and then they put up a big message bitching about our using AdBlocker because they absolutely *must* show us their ads.

And after all the money you send them to keep their websites running-the nerve!
Old 01-10-2018, 05:15 PM

There are probably 3 posters on this board who could come to the pit pitting Hitler and have the thread turn against them. 1st place to you Clothy, in that category.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:18 PM
The Turtle Moves!
Charter Member

One of the things I find fascinating about (pick your own insulting yet accurate noun here) like Clothy is the fact that they can be positive, even insightful posters on so many other topics, yet inevitably revert to form whenever their personal "crusade" or "nuclear button" is prodded. People is weird.

And yes, you don't have to point out the irony of me posting that. Just don't mention beans in chili and we'll be fine.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
One of the things I find fascinating about (pick your own insulting yet accurate noun here) like Clothy is the fact that they can be positive, even insightful posters on so many other topics, yet inevitably revert to form whenever their personal "crusade" or "nuclear button" is prodded. People is weird.

And yes, you don't have to point out the irony of me posting that. Just don't mention beans in chili and we'll be fine.
You're not that bad. I never took the death threats seriously.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I fully understand that the majority of people on this board, like you for example, have less than the mental capacity of a five year old when it comes to posting.
Colibri pointing out that your posting history and interactions with the members of this board have resulted in the mockery that is this thread show far more mental capacity than you have ever shown. Indeed, your refusal to own your own reputation and willfully misunderstanding why everyone is slinging shit at you comes across as far more immature and lacking in self-awareness.

Quote:
I posted a legitimate gripe. I'm quite sure others have that same gripe. But in the liberal world, that doesn't matter.
No, you whined like a mule, and now you're just playing the ass. You do realize that those websites are asking you to turn off adblock because they depend on that blocked advertising to pay their operating costs, right? By bitching about that, you are coming across as an entitled freeloader. The only thing more sad and pathetic than that is the fact that you keep hanging around here, despite all the abuse you rightfully get.

Seriously, if this place is so filled with morons who you hate, why are you still hanging around? Is your life so sad and empty that taking abuse from internet strangers is better than the alternative? I'm genuinely curious.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Exaggerate much? Please show me a five-year-old who could compose and correctly spell the following:

"Precious Snowflake, you really are one sad delicate flower. You're also too fucking stupid to realize that you've so utterly lost credibility on this board that any thread you open in the Pit is going to turn into a pitting of you, no matter what the subject is."

Last edited by El_Kabong; 01-10-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
His fourth post in. Not bad.