100 Hobbit / Lord of the Rings characters

The Mouth of Sauron (“what his true name was, no one knew, and he himself had forgotten it.”)

Going for the easy choice: Aragorn.

Eärendil, who played for Seattle.

Treebeard.

Quote: “Hoom.”

Beren, biggest badass in all of Middle Earth.

Right, and with that:

“Then [Beren] drew forth his knife Angrist; and from the iron claws that held it he cut a Silmaril.”

Peregrine Took

Gandalf “You fool of a Took.”

Can’t believe I get to list my personal favorite:

Legolas Greenleaf

Goldberry, “Mom Bombadil.”

Barliman Butterbur “A mind like a lumber-room: the thing wanted always buried.”

I can’t believe you people.

Frodo Baggins.

“I will take the Ring to Mordor though I do not know the way.”

Smeagol, A.K.A. Gollum.

“What’s taters, Precious?”

Saruman - “I’m a huge prick.”

Gandalf

Bilbo found himself running round and round (as he thought) and calling and calling: “Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Fili, Kili, Bombur, Bifur, Bofur, Dwalin, Balin, Thorin Oakenshield,” while people he could not see or feel were doing the same all around him (with an occasional “Bilbo!” thrown in).

Eomer.

“Hey baby wanna be my mearas?”

Yes, please.

The Nazgul.

Merry.

“Welcome, my lords, to Isengard!” he said. “We are the doorwardens. Meriadoc, son of Saradoc is my name; and my companion, who, alas! is overcome with weariness - here he gave the other a dig with his foot - is Peregrin, son of Paladin, of the house of Took. Far in the North is our home. The Lord Saruman is within, but at the moment he is closeted with one Wormtongue, or doubtless he would be here to welcome such honourable guests.”

Moderator intervenes: OK, enough. The first “Name 100 whatever” with one post per person was cute. The rest are repetitive, boring, post-padding, and useless.