11th Annual SDMB Early Super Bowl Pick Contest

Patriots 31, Seahawks 29

Denver Broncos 45, San Francisco 49ers 27

Seahawks 23, Broncos 20

Patriots 24, Eagles 21

Going for Northeast teams for the Northeast Superbowl.

And the cynic in me is wishing for a Nor-Easter to roll in and to embarrass the NFL for scheduling a SUPERBOWL in New Jersey on Groundhog Day.

We all knew before the season started that the Chargers will win the SB. They played the Eagles in week 2 at Eagles home field. Whoever plays the Eagles on their opening day seems to win the SB. Last year we played Ravens, 2011 Giants, 2010, Packers, 2009 Saints. :smiley:

But my pick is:
Panthers 21, Steelers 10.

You know the Steelers aren’t in the playoffs?

:smack:

OOOP! Thanks. I meant:
Panthers 21, Cincinnati 10.

Hey, he wants to pick the Steelers, that’s his prerogative. Might hurt his chances, thought.

But hey, if Locrian wants to make a bet on the Steelers chances in the Super Bowl this year, I’ll be happy spot him three, maybe four hundred points.

Eagles 45, Broncos 41.

KC has had a heck of a turnaround this season, but in order to get anywhere near the Super Bowl, they have to not lose to Indy for a second time, then not lose to Denver for a third time, and I don’t see that happening. So I’m guessing

Broncos 38, Seahawks 20

(See, that way I don’t pick the Chiefs, then they win to make me look bad!)

Lot’s of love for the Bolts!

Anyway, I am staying with my home team, the Bengals, to finally get off the Superbowl schneid by finally beating their old nemesis the 49ers 28-24.

Edit: oops. sorry.

Bengals 28
49ers 24

Patriots 23, Seahawks 17

Seahawks have 1st and goal from the 4 yard line, in the last minute, but can’t get over the goal line in 4 tries. Bill Belichick gets doused with Gatorade then freezes to death in zero degree weather.

Seattle 21 - Denver 10

Broncos 24 Panthers 17

Patriots 14, Panthers 9

(the “P” bowl)

Broncos 42
Seahawks 28

Deadline is tomorrow afternoon – anyone else want to put in a guess?

Denver Broncos 20
Seattle Seahawks 17

Unlike the past few years, I am thinking home field advantage in the playoffs really will matter this year.
Good luck everyone!

Seahawks 27, Patriots 26

Green Bay Packers 31 Cincinnati Bengals 24