"24" Season 2, Episode 2 - 09:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (SPOILERS)

I liked the eisode, and would have enjoyed it a lot more if I didn’t have to explain the premise, the history, and the current characters to DH while trying to watch it!

I think if George had been really crafty, he’d have volunteered to go personally get Kim out of L.A. That way, he’d be getting on the good side of his most brilliant but dangerously unstable agent, and he’d have a nice unimpeachable excuse for getting his tender self the hell out of town and beyond the blast radius.

The child-and-wife abusing asshole was having a very tense, very important-appearing phone call in the middle of all the beating - I would have to say he is up to something. It doesn’t seem likely that he was just making a hair appointment in the middle of beating three women. Kim is just driving me crazy again, doing all the wrong things and running around all frantic. Doesn’t she know that you never leave your vehicle? Now she’s got no transportation and the little girl is missing - stupid, stupid Kim. She should have backed the SUV into the van behind her - guaranteed to get their attention. What guys aren’t going to help a crying little girl and a crying hot blonde?

Who the heck is playing Eric Rayburn? It’s driving me nuts, too! I know I recognize the dude, but I’m not getting any names for him at all.

Okay, it’s Timothy Carhart (me like Google - duh! ::slaps own forehead::slight_smile:

That bugged me too! Though when I saw the road work going on I thought asshole dad had engineered some extravagant trap for Kim, to make her go down the alley so he could block her in–which was what happened (but, I guess, without all the conspiracy). I would have rammed the sports car with the SUV and taken Megan to a hospital, for crying out loud. It also bugged me that Kim didn’t sling her bag over her chest so she wouldn’t have to hold it while she ran. Gotta have those arms free when whacking guys with tire irons. And I didn’t like not seeing the wife standing in the house after Kim and Megan left; that can’t have ended well for her.

I had a real butt-clencher moment when the sister was searching for the passport in the car. Not so much while waiting for the records to upload.

I don’t think George Mason is leaving LA. The previews for the next episode seemed to show him in a shootout at the warehouse where the bomb is being built.

I’m betting they’re sub-contractors. They were hired to blow up CTU, but aren’t involved in the actual nuke plot. Of course, a lot of my predictions last season were completely wrong.

Yeah, it looks like the guys Jack is with are tasked to provide a distraction and take out CTU while the BIG bomb is elsewhere.

I was also thinking Kim should ram that sports car, and hopefully run over Creepy Dad while she was at it, but I don’t find it too unbelievable that she might be scared to do that and decide to run for it instead. It wasn’t too stupid. And she might be scared to trust the construction worker guys—dad could say she was kidnapping his daughter, and they might believe him.

Nice job with the dad-whacking, though. That’s one little girl you don’t want to back into a corner.

And once again we see that, among his many other talents, Jack is a nasty close-in fighter. Ouch!

Thanks, Featherlou… Seems he was also Data’s first officer in one ST:TNG episode and a killer who liked chunky women in an X-Files episode. Thank you, IMDb.

Did anyone else see Ehisha Cuthbert (Kim) in Maxim?

Did anyone else see Elisha Cuthbert (Kim) in Maxim?

One thing, new people you think are probably bad guys are not and poeple you think are good guys probably aren’t.

ALthough I am also somewhat annoyed by the Kim plotline, either it will turn out more significant than we think or it is just actually quite standard writing to include a subplot to add some “meat” to the story. Coincidental, yes, but certainly not impossible.

One thing I thought was interesting is that I don’t think they had the “Events occur in real time” message at the beginning. Did I just miss it? It would make sense because they really played with time in this one: That one CTU Agent Woman was in a helicopter high above LA and four minutes later was sitting at her desk, working on her computer. It took that one bad guy about 12 minutes to walk from the van to Jack’s “broken down” car.

Either way, I’m willing as hell to suspend my disbelief because this show rules.

And for the record, I only recognized the gimpified dude as one of the “Gas’n’Sip” guys from Say Anything.

Not to mention that Kim’s daughter was apparently sitting there hiding for roughly half an hour and it took her close to an hour to realize that calling the police was the easiest way out of the situation (you don’t need to drive to the local police station and taking the time to do that means that he’s pounding on his wife while you take that time).

I think I would have liked it better if they had gone with the “each episode takes one day” plan that was being discussed before this season. It really grates on me when the pacing is way too fast for a lot of things (Jack kills the witness and fifteen minutes later is handing over the head?), way to slow for others that are “sub-plots”, and some events just don’t seem to sync up at all (where’s the blood from the head, Jack shouldn’t have been able to get himself cleaned up in that time, let alone out to a helicopter and on his way; why haven’t the police shown up in response to the 911 call by the end of the episode since even if you hang up they still are required to come out). If it was just driving time I could live with that, but things that should take hours or days in real life are resolved in minutes and things that should take minutes take up to an hour. The claim to be real time but the continued use of standard editting methods for a regular television series just gives me a massive headache.

I gave it two episodes like I did the last season, now I’m positive the show is not for me.

The idiocy starts early this time. I just could not believe that Kim got out of the SUV, especially after all the protest about the stupid ways she kept running out of safety into danger just for the sake of the plot in the first season. Sure it was fun that she whacked the guy, but c’mon: you’re sitting in a tank – do some damage with it. (And what’s with the guy - with all of L.A. to search in - pulling right in front of that alley exactly as if he knew the van would be coming down it? Somebody driving down a street, even looking around, couldn’t possibly pull off that maneuver.)

They know what they diod wrong and what they did right from last year. Is it too much to ask that they concentrate on the stuff they did right and eliminate the rest?

The guy had GPS tracking on his SUV. As soon as Kim drove off, they showed him calling up the tracking service.

Wouldn’t it be interesting if the middle-Eastern fiance was, in fact, not a terrorist, but that his future sister-in-law has been suckered into providing information that makes it easy for people to frame him? After all, that PI called her today, not the other way around.

I think Kim was reluctant to get help because she did, after all, kidnap the guy’s daughter. She may not have felt like people would believe her story before the girl got back into his clutches. (I was hoping she’d ram his car, though.)

I think future married arab guy is NOT a terrorist, because it is too perfect for him to be one. plus, isn’t he getting married in 10 hours in LA where the freakin’ bomb is going off? with his parents coming in? and arguing over having his future NON-Islamic wife’s exboyfriend coming? If i was going to die in a few hours, i wouldn’t be quibbleing over some guy i don’t like coming to a wedding to die as well.

Now, one of his friends has to be a terrorist, to tie them together, or else blonde #45q52353434312aer3-53’s exboyfriend is really the terrorist, and this is all a giant red herring. i vote for the whole plot being NSA masterminded to start a war to justify increased funding, and vault the NSA aide into the presidency.

And Jack is a bad Mo-Fo two weeks in a row, breaking the Tariantino acting guy’s ankle, then heading to blow up CTU HQ! And how did the chief guy find the bomb in next weeks episode? WTF is going on there? i want to watch next week just to figure out how he found the warehouse.

Yeah, my theory on the whole thing is that her running from this guy is just to keep Kim in the city meaning Kiefer is gonna have to worry about her getting out as well as figuring out the whole plot. I could be wrong, but I am leaning against him being involved as well…

He did say he was under a lot of stress right now (could be leading us to the fact that he’s in it in some respect). Guess we’ll see.

I thought Creepy dad was at his scariest when he started talking reasonably to Kim about how she was right to take the kid, and he just wanted to apologise to Megan and tell her not to be scared of him. Ick.
She should have run him and his little car over with that SUV.
Maybe George got some intel on the computer screen that they didn’t show us that leads him to that warehouse with the bomb in the previews.

My Theories (well, more like wild, unfounded, specualtion:

Middle Eastern fiance guy is a government agent and ex-boyfriend guy is a terrorist using blonde bridesmaid to keep tabs on the opposition.

George is a straight shooter and gave the “going to Bakersfield” excuse because he suspects that there might be a mole in CTU. He actually has a lead he’s folowing up.

CTU will be evacuated and then blown up next episode. This will provide a good opportunity for tension as they try to evacuate the building just before the bomb goes off.

or

A building that the terrorists think is CTU will be destroyed, but we’ll find out that it’s actually a front and the true location of the bunker where the team works is elsewhere.

RE: Complaints about Kim’s not-so-smart decisions. This is completely in keeping with season one’s portrayal, in which we learned that Kim was dumb as a post.