"24" Season 2, Episode 8 - 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (SPOILERS)

If Bob Warner is indeed working for the CIA, then perhaps the CIA kidnapped Kate and the PI because they caught them hacking into Bob’s files.

If Bob is CIA, then perhaps Reza is okay. Like Kate said, I can’t see Bob letting his widdle pwecious Marie marry a terrorist. Or could he be that cold-blooded? Because he needs to keep Reza close to keep an eye on him?

I think Nina did find out where the bomb was, although if Faheen was telling her the truth I don’t know. And are Islamic terrorists really that concerned about their families back home? If they’re willing to sacrifice themselves, aren’t they also willing to sacrifice their families if it strikes a blow against the infidels?

WHY OH WHY can’t Kim just tell the cops that she’s running from Evil Dad because he’s a wife and child abuser? Oh, she’ll spill the beans about the nuke, but a man that’s beating up his wife and daughter? That’s classified, baby!

I don’t think the plane was hit by a missile. I think an engine blew. Would they have had enough fuel to make it to San Diego?

I’m getting real annoyed with the ex-First Lady. She seems to be taking up space, taking away time from the real story. Blah blah blah I’ll go talk to the reporter, because even though he won’t buckle under to the Leader of the Free World, he’s grovel at my feet because I have a sexy voice. Bleeech. Did she even have the authority to offer him the deal she did, to the inner sanctum?

Max, I will second your request to orr. Please, if you see the show before 9pm EST on Tuesdays, please don’t spoil it for the rest of us. Tease us all you want, but no spoilers.

ivylass and Max - could you maybe start a non-spoiler 24 thread?

It doesn’t seem likely that all will want to stick to non-spoiler commentary, and in the spirit of these message boards, rather than stop some people, why not start something that is more in line with what you want?

My $.02 - I don’t mind the spoilers; I just don’t read them until I want to…

But, Word, when the show has not even been AIRED, one should not expect to find spoilers. So I read part of orr’s post thinking it was speculation or a joke. About halfway through, I decided he may be too close and ruin my own speculation or maybe he somehow has seen the episode.

To date, these threads (graciously started each week by KneadToKnow, ironically in an effort not to spoil 24 before he sees it) have never contained a complete episodic rundown before the actual first airing of the show in question. I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the spirit of the thread be maintained.

As far as the ‘next week’ buffer, I merely asked if it would be a good idea to not discuss it. But I’m not going to bless anyone out if they do, since technically it IS part of the hour in discussion.

I’m with Max Carnage.
These threads are for us to discuss each show, and maybe speculate a little before it airs.

I came in, and saw orr’s Spoiler warning and closed it right back up again. Yes, I’d prefer if he not spoil the show before it airs. But I’d still like to know how he gets to watch it before it airs.

I do watch the previews, but I’m perfectly fine not discussing them.

My thoughts on the coming shows:
(Purely speculation, BTW, not spoilers.)
Jack and Nina will be the only ones to survive the place crash. I’m going to rewatch it tonight (I taped it), but was it definitely a missle hitting the plane? I thought that one shot looked like an engine had blown. Otherwise, who else knows where they are? Who would shoot them down? They know to go to San Diego (right?), but not exactly where. Why kill Jack and Nina now?

The surviving terrorist guy with the bomb will drive around aimlessly, not knowing what to do. He looked really freaked out when the other two killed each other. I think he’s a low-level lackey and may not know exactly where they were supposed to go. The card of the pool-guy who helped them will be found on the dead guy, and he will describe the truck, which will then be found.

I think Bob Warner is a double agent, and that Reza is okay. Reza may have been suspicious of him, but I don’t think Reza is actually connected to the terrorists.

The cop that Kim told about the bomb may believe her on some level and will try to get his family out of LA, or may somehow unintentionally start a panic.

Sherry Palmer is behind the plot to remove the President.

What was that computer program that starting deleting files when the PI found it? Did that somehow trigger something at some other office, which notified the kidnappers, who then showed up and took Kate and the PI? I thought the PI was a bad guy, but know I’m not so sure.

Maybe orr can start his own thread as soon as he’s seen the show, and call it “I saw tonight’s “24” already - Massive Spoilers Within!”

As Max Carnage said, these threads are started each week by Knead To Know, including links to previous threads, partly for his own non-spoilerness, because he’s taping the whole series and will watch it in one sitting when it’s over. I believe last year he was spoiled for a couple of plot points by posters putting them in the thread titles.

I think they gave us an audible clue with that “incoming” whistling noise right before the explosion on the jet. I was confused as to what that noise was at first but when I saw the fire, first thing that popped to mind was, 'Holy crap, they’ve been shot down!"

Maybe it the same ones responsible for the ambassador’s helicopter. Freeway Sniper gets a rocket launcher. Yeah yeah, I doubt the copter was shot down. Too many witnesses. Most likely a quick sabotage.

I’m pretty sure the PI is not a bad guy, based on the preview for next week’s episode: (spoiler based solely on the preview)

Wasn’t that him, naked and restrained, in the background when the kidnappers where grilling Kate Warner?

Yeah, I guess the PI is okay. I thought he was a bad guy at first.

The question now is are the kidnappers good guys or bad guys?
I still think Bob Warner’s a bad guy. Even though he works for the CIA, I think he’s a turncoat.
He’s too calm. He knows someone will bail him out.

No 24 for THREE WEEKS?! Those bastards!

I’d also like to second the “bomb not being where Nina says it is because the remaining terrorist doesn’t know what to do” theory.

I’ve only seen the last two episodes and the one where CTU blows up, (the rest I got from the guide on Fox’s website), but what’s the deal with that Armas guy?

And this is from the preview for the next show:

Mason (the plutonium guy, right?) looks really faint. Would they kill him off as early as next hour? Or would they have him go into a coma maybe?

What is Fox going to be showing the next three weeks? Reruns of 24 or entirely different stuff?

No, the next two tuesdays are Christmas eve and New Years eve, so it’s likely that even if they DID show new episodes, no one would be watching them.

Heck, ya got Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve on the next two Tuesdays. FOX will show movies. Let’s see. . . how many times have they shown MRS. DOUBTFIRE? BEETHOVEN?? or one of those Eddie Murphy NUTTY PROFESSOR movies???

Be cool! 24 will be back when the time is right.

And I think the PI is a bad guy! What was that thingie he plugged into the back of the computer? I think that’s what made the files go into auto-erase!

And I think somehow the bomb is going to end up at that wedding festivity. Lots of trucks there milling about doing wedding-like things. (But I wonder what time the bomb will be supposed to go off. Since this 24 started at 8am, we should be concluding the next morning with the 7-8am hour. The wedding is supposed to be. . . what 6pm, 7pm the previous evening??? Maybe that shoots my theory!)

Hmmm. I assumed the thingie was some sort of special device to determine the password to gain access to the files they were trying to read. I think the auto-erase was set to be done automatically if someone simply tried to open the files (as opposed to some other secret CIA method!).

And the bomb is supposed to go off “today.” This run of shows will conclude “tomorrow” at 8:00 a.m. It’s 4:00 already. There’s only 8 hours left in “today.”
I think the bomb was probably set to go off during rush hour. Maybe that’s why those guys where transporting it during this last epi-hour?

I would assume the wedding was supposed to be at 7:00 or 8:00.

As I said before, I think the one terrorist who was left alive has no clue about where they were going. Maybe he’ll call someone or maybe he’ll freak out and take off on foot.
I definitely think someone (the cops) will find Helpful Pool-Guy’s card on one of the Dead Terrorists and somehow track down the truck with the bomb.

Sorry for double-posting again…

And once the bomb’s defused “today,” what will happen for the rest of the hours?

Will Nina escape?
Will Jack be chasing after Nina?

Ah Kim, Kim, Kim. . … I think (to show that he’s a real mothafuka who does what is good for the country and to hell with the “rules”) Jack should shoot her. “You have endangered the President and the country enough with your stupidity, ya shoulda listened to me!”

And I still don’t understan Palmer letting his ex talk him into doing shit he knows she shouldn’t do. Every episode the same thing happens:
Palmer: No-- I will not have you <whatever it is she wants to do>
Ex: Why not? I’m real good at being a lying conniving bitch!
Palmer: Yeah, you are. Ok!

Well, actually she did, at the beginning of this one. But Mr. Cop didn’t believe her, since she couldn’t satisfactorily explain why she was fleeing out of town, rather than taking it to the police. But still, she should have gone to the cops about Abusive Dad long ago! Like in the second episode.

On the plane crash, I agree with Kinsey – I think Jack and Nina will be the only survivors. I’m also still thinking missile, just because of the incoming whistle before the explosion.

When he first plugged it in, I was thinking that it was some kind of data capture device – something that would directly log everything that he looked at. Of course, maybe he was just covertly nabbing copies of all of Bob Warner’s MP3s. :wink:

Was it all CTU people on the plane? I was thinking that some of the agents there were FBI or something. (The two guys that Jack met up with at the plane when they first left L.A.) If so, then other govt. agencies would know, and a mole in the FBI or CIA or something could explain other knowledge of the plane’s location and mission.

But then perhaps it’s… er… aren’t those cell phones that Jack keeps using to talk to CTU? I mean a regular every day cell phone? The same one Jack uses to call his daughter? (“Can you hear me now? Gooooood…”) The one that he probably picked up for $40 per month with 1000 anytime minutes, and that probably has no built-in encryption, not being intended for high-security government calls, and hence no protection from just grabbing the transmissions from the airwaves and listening to them in plaintext?

Or am I just thinking too hard…?

Okay, some speculation. I can see the whole thought process of “Maybe Bob’s really the bad guy, and he’s a double-agent?” However, what about this as a possibility: Bob Warner is on the level, and is helping the CIA, or at least, he thinks he is. What if the contact that enlisted him is actually the crooked one? A mole or double-agent in the CIA, with CIA clearance codes, enlists Bob Warner to help his country. Warner thinks he’s doing his duty, and meanwhile, crooked CIA guy is using Warner’s company to funnel money to terrorists (and remember, Bob says he doesn’t know who the communications are going to – he claims all he knows is that his company is being used as a conduit).

This could explain the kidnapping. Bad guy in the CIA sends thugs to grab daughter and P.I. (Paul) – triggered by the attempted access and auto-delete of sensitive file. This could also perhaps explain the attack on the plane. If there’s a bad guy in the CIA (and perhaps FBI), then somebody high up may know about Jack’s mission, and might have the resources (right here in the U.S.) for a missile attack on the plane.

Of course, this could also be way off base, and it might very well end up being a conspiracy run by the Evil Gremlinoids of Planet Sporkweasel VI. With this show, you just never know… :wink:

And let’s not forget the existance of Larry (or Terry) who Bob asked SuspiciousBlondDaughterWhoIsNowKidnapped to call, in order to “straighten things out”. BTW, she never made that call did she?

I’m thinking it wasn’t set for that soon (like in the next hour), because Driver Terrorist seemed to know the plan (i.e. that the kids and helpful pool guy would be among the dead). If they were planning on sacrificing themselves in the blast, then I think they would already be resigned to the idea of dying for their “cause”, and I don’t think Driver Terrorist would have had second thoughts. As it is, it seemed that he didn’t want it on his conscience – no worries about conscience if you know that you are about to be part of the Great L.A. Barbeque.

So, my thinking is that they were going to deliver the bomb, but still have time to get out of the city before the explosion.

Rush hour would be fine, but would it really matter? I mean, you’re not going to catch more people specifically during rush hour than you would later on, when everybody is “safe” in their homes? I guess in their homes, they could try the old “Duck and Cover”! :smiley:

I think the time frame of the explosion is all haywire. Lost Terrorist Guy doesn’t know what to do, Nina thinks the bomb’s in San Diego but it’s not, CTU is going to get sidetracked interviewing Reza and Bob.

Did they wrap everything neatly at the end of Season One? I ask because there’s three or four different story lines, and I’m wondering if they will all be explained at the end.

No, she never did call Larry, the Tax Attorney who was going to straighten things out.
She called the PI instead.

And it’s only 4:00. If the bomb is meant to go off during rush hour, that could be 5:00 to 6:00. If the Terrorists could have delivered it with the next half hour or so, then they could have gotten the heck outta Dodge in time. Or maybe they were willing to sacrifice themselves.

Why did Nina say San Diego? Is that where Raheem said the bomb is going to be? How far is SD from LA? Does she think the bomb itself is in SD? She could be lying, right?

And yes, Monstre, you’re right, those other guys on the plane were FBI.

Interesting, veeeeery interesting. Something to think about for the next three freaking weeks.