24 - Season 3, Episode 23, 11:00AM - 12:00PM (SPOILERS)

I think it’s obvious that Tony and Michelle will get pardoned and sent to New York. Once there, they’ll head up CTU New York. CTU New York will do pretty much the same thing as CTU Los Angeles; it will just be in a different city. Nah, no one would be stupid enough to do a show like that.

Come on, Saunders. What Would Keyser Soze Do? He would have thrown his daughter in the building himself. Bad villain, Saunders, bad villain.

I liked Sherry. She was an excellent character – conniving, but not mustache-twirling. She and the Prez had great chemistry, and I’ll miss it.

Was I the only one who thought that Palmer did a terrible job of stalling? She drops the bomb on him (“I want to be your wife again”), he gets quiet for 10 seconds, and then he agrees? Bah. He should have asked a million questions – Huh? What? What will the public think? When will this happen? What about Keillor? Or maybe just a “Can I take a seat on a bench for a minute and think about it?” Bah.

I’m with Sam Stone on the silliness of the subway thing. If Courier is the suspicious type, he figures the train has stalled because he’s been made. You’ve already shown your hand, now take advantage of him being stuck on the train!

Still, I’m looking forward to next week’s episode :slight_smile:

I enjoy Jack myself. I laughed out loud with pleasure at that line, to the dismay of my wife who isn’t quite as bloodthirsty as I am.

After Sherrie got sucker punched, I had to call my brother on the next commercial break and tell him the good news! I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in a while. Fucking awesome.

This is what I’m hoping for. Tony goes to prison, turns badass with a grudge against Jack (perhaps because Jack is sleeping with Michelle, while Tony is in prison), and is the big bad for next season.

Jack and Tony, head to head!

Heh. Tony could never beat Jack. Never.

NOOOO!!!

Tony Good! Tony not Bad!

NOOOO!!!
Actually, I thought Sam Stone had some excellent points. I didn’t let anything ruin the episode for me, but I also wondered about the subway thing, and about why the Scary Blonde Guy thought it would be so easy to find the bottle in Sherry’s apartment. How can he possibly know that? I mean sure, you’ve gotta go look, but there was a very strict time limit there. How could he be so sure that he’d find it so quickly?

Well, that’s a given. But it would be fun to watch!

I know, I know, I love Good Tony, too. But I’d rather have Big Bad Tony, than Not in the Show at All Because He’s Rotting Away in Jail Tony (which I really fear might happen).

God, please let Chase die.

Besides the fact that his huge lumpy head bothers me, the fact of the matter is that there can only be ONE Jack Bauer in the Jack Bauer Power Hour.

Chase is trying to be Jack Number Two. This is a bad thing. There’s only room enough for one fanatically dedicated killing machine in this show.

-Joe

Anyone else think that this season isn’t gonna be wrapped up nice and neatly at the end of the final episode? Maybe we’ll get a 24 season-ending cliff hanger.

I don’t think Sherry is dead either. Anyone that evil has got to have nine lives like a cat. Of course, I really didn’t think Nina was dead either…

If anyone cares to know, apparently Jack and Chase follow the last courier into a school. They evacuate it and begin to search it. Chase is knocked out by the courier, who then handcuffs the virus bomb to Chase’s hand. Jack finds the courier and kills him, but the timer is running and there is no time to get the bomb squad there. Pictures SEEM to show that Jack is going to cutt off Chase’s hand with a fire axe so they can get away from the bomb. To me, this says that Chase will be retiring from field ops and can settle down with Kim. Meanwhile, it looks as if Saunders is going to be killed by those who financed his little scheme. Now, all that is based on pictures and spoilers. The pics are probably true, I can’t claim to know 100% about the spoilers, but they seem to fit the pics.

Whenever I see something like Sherry getting shot, I always think to myself, “Better put a stake through her heart…”

Anyways, I’d assume that Sherry is too evil to die as well, but when the promos said that two people were going to die, well, seems to me like she’s D-E-D.

-Joe, still praying that Chase dies painfully

This completely made me crack up. I’m just imaginging wanna-be bad guys with their WWKSD bracelets, notebooks, and other paraphernalia.

So, hoping someone reading this thread is willing to be sweet to a 24 newbie ('cause, really, the 24 web site is way too annoying to read), what’s the scoop on Sherry prior to this season? Has she always been such a conniver or has this come as a surprise this season? The way folks here have reacted to her possible death makes me think not, but I’d love to hear the goods. :slight_smile:

For the hell of it, some funny 24-themed icons some LJ geek has put together… pretty funny. I like Tony’s “Hi.”

moi… David Palmer divorced Sherry at the end of the first season because she was conniving, bitchy, and power-hungry. She popped up again in the second season, and, of course, is (was) back in fine form this season. For some reason, the details of her plotlines escape me.

But it couldn’t possibly take 24 hours. Jack would tear him apart within two episodes…

Damn – they are sure getting rid of lots of baddies this season. Nina… Sherry… there go the loose ends. Now we need some new villains to hate!

In a word? AbsofrigginlutelyYES!

She’s always taking the unethical route, the coverup route, the let’s-get-revenge-on-my-ex-husband route. But now David has joined her ilk via his actions this season, so he deserves to lose the election this time around, IMHO.