24 - Season 3, Episode 7, 7:00PM - 8:00PM (SPOILERS)

Just some ridiculous ones I noticed:

Setting the security code as a default to “1234?” I’m reminded of a scene in Spaceballs, something where a code to do something or other is set to “12345,” to which one of the Evil Guys comments, “What idiot uses 12345 as a code?” Another of the evil guys says to himself something like “Remind me to change my luggage lock.”

That computer finding Salazar’s Hideout City ends the city in a “NM” code. I’m guessing the “N” in “NM” stands for “North?” Or maybe Mexico took over New Mexico and I wasn’t informed? (All this talk about Mexico reminded me of I Scream In Darkness’s “Super Mexico” rant.)

“Hey, there’s a new Mexico!”-Homer Simpson

What are we to make of Hector and Jack at the end? Are we supposed to believe that Hector is going to double-cross Ramon? Why did he change his mind about Jack? What was he offered?

As for Guielle, who knew what was really going on? If it was only him, Tony, and Jack, then announcing that to Chappelle wouldn’t have helped. After all, when Michelle came into the room, notice how he asked how Tony was–he WASN’T just being polite. Nice touch.

Maybe Ann got the stupid virus from Kim. I figure the husband will secretly photograph her or something then go public with it, making things even worse.

BTW–every time someone says “Chappelle”, I instantly think of Dave, and sometimes I wish CTU was run by a skittish, wise-talking comedian with street cred instead of an uptight suit who speaketh only in lies (except when he delivered the verbal smackdown on Chloe).

I watched 6 episodes last night, so I’m finally caught up. Yay!

I liked the big twist, but geez, can’t they plan these things out a little better? There was no motivation for Tony to work extra hard to catch the virus kid and get shot, since catching him wasn’t even important to the Salazar thing. If Jack doesn’t know they caught him, and he’s the only important player at the moment, then it didn’t matter in the end, did it?

I hate the Palmer storyline. I wish the ex-husband would just shoot the doctor already. So very boring and slow.

Is the hospital right next door to CTU?

:smiley:

I missed the second half due to an important phone call. (Yes, I know, normally I wouldn’t answer the phone, but it was my neighbor updating me - her husband had a heart attack on Monday. He’s fine.)
I know TWoP does them, but I hate their use of stupid nicknames.
Thanks!

I’m pretty sure it was “MX”. “NM” would have been New Mexico as you noted.

On the help desk where I work, if someone has screwed up their password, we’ll reset it to 123456. When they log in, it prompts for a new password to be entered. I assume CTU may do the same.

Duh. I meant to ask if someone could recap it for me…

www.fox.com/24 has the best recaps of all. Extremely detailed in a minute by minute format.

…which of course is my lazy way of avoiding the request I reckon. Actually I just know I’d miss something important and have to add it in via secondary post.

Thanks!

Thanks, Max. I should’ve thought of that.

Well, that show rated high on the BDG scale. BY which I mean that about the time Tony heard that Gael was a traitor and announced he had to get right over to CTU a Big Dumb Grin spread over my face, like a man who just saw a magician pull an elephant out of his hat. Can they POSSIBLY going where it looks like they are going? They were. Amazing.

And I had spent the whole hour iritated that Gael hadn’t killed Kim. I mean, what possible reason did he have to keep her alive, except that she was a regular? And now we know.

Then there is that other plot.

“I’m a dishonest, untrustworthy scumbag. I have something that is vitally important to you and I’ll give it to you, even though I get nothing out of it. But you have to come over, by yourself, in the dark, and don’t tell anybody.”

“Great. I’m on my way.”

I am hoping against hope that the doctor has a secret service man tucked in her backseat.

You know, the last time someone on 24 snuck out by herself to meet someone mysterious (not counting David’s brother) was Ensign Ro. And who did she meet? Sherry! Wouldn’t it be great if it turned out Sherry was waiting for Ann? Now, that would be a scene. “Stay away from my ex or I’ll get your license pulled.”

The relationship between Palmer and Bauer is weird to me, almost a kind of oldfashioned courtship. Palmer’s job is to worthy of all the crap Bauer goes through with him. If the Prez turns out to be corrupt for one moment, than Jack is just a patsy.

Fifteen Iguana

Finally watched it just now. It does clear up a lot of stuff, like how Guy-L (just wanted to introduce a new spelling to this thread) was able to set up his batcave and why he didn’t just kill Kim and how he was having such a relatively easy time of things.

What I don’t get, though: if you’re writing “24”, why do you put the reveal at the end of the ep? Why don’t you end it with Tony saying, “There’s something very important I have to tell you” and then end with a lingering soap-opera glare? Seems like it would’ve been a much better cliffhanger. And more realistic, too – I know my life doesn’t have a climax in the last 5 minutes of every hour. (Although now that I mention it, that would be awesome.)