24 - Season 3, Episode 9, 9:00PM - 10:00PM (SPOILERS)

Don’t even start with me about that POS show that’s obviously trying to catch network TV up with The Sopranos et. al. I watched the pilot. . .hated it. Watched the next one. . .cheesy. Just gimme back my f’in NYPD Blue!

troub, for me, “Line of Fire” is one of those “Why not?” shows. Meaning, I’m already in front of the TV, the show is coming on right now, so, why not? (I feel pretty much the same about both the CSI shows.) I wouldn’t make damn sure I watch it like I do with 24, but if I’m there I’ll give it a shot. However, move the time slot and forget about it.

Just making sure- Jar Jar= Chloe?

I’m putting long-shot odds on Tony being in kahoots with Nina, from way, way back and this has been their end run.
[/quote]

Man, that would be nice. Doubt it, but it’d be nice.

Jack sure can talk fast, can’t he?

I’ve been watching “Line of Fire” as well. I got sucked in because Leslie Hope was in it- it seemed like a continuation of 24, in a way. It has some good points.

I like the undercover agent, working to fit in. I missed one thing- was the killing of the drug dealer and the "accidental’ killing of the old lady with the groceries staged? I’m thinking it was, but I missed the setup. He needed an overt act to get in, but he didn’t really kill them, right?

They’re hitting us over the head with the 9/11 widow, though. I have to agree that the whole story was cheese- and I predicted the end! I was telling my wife as soon as they mentioned the meeting that she was going to blow him away, and I was convinced when the woman went to her room to change unaccompanied by the FBI agent (who should have seen it coming, IMHO.)

Back to 24- Now that Kim’s concerns have been explained away, what repercussions will be happening to her? Would a real government agency let her continue working with the situation as is?

The distinction between what is believable and what is typical TV cliche has been falling apart with this show.

All the stupidities of this season will be forgiven if I can just see Jack kill Nina with his bare hands. I’ve waited years for that.

My recollection – and I could be dead wrong about this – is that Nina had Jack at gunpoint. She said that she wanted a full pardon. Jack gets on the phone, talks to whoever, and stalls for time, basically. He then draws Nina out of where she was, a region that was guarded from the CTU sharpshooters, and they hit her in the shoulder. Jack then whispers something to her that makes her go pale, and she’s carted off to jail.

I just noticed something tonight – Tony’s not a very good actor. A little too soap opera-y for me. But I still smiled as he vindicated his actions. I hope Kim gets fired. And maybe Michelle gets put on administrative leave. And then they need to striptease to find the location of the virus. And then th…

Damn, I forgot this post was still being composed. Go away now.

I had a friend tell me that Nina knew something about the terrorist plot in season 2, and her information in part led them to the bomb. And for that she was let go.

Bob, there was a deal in the works about “bomb info for release”, but after the stunt she pulled (pulling a gun on Jack), many of us began to question if that put the kibosh on the offer. I think the last we saw of Nina was of her being recaptured and Jack whispering something to her that we as of yet don’t know.