24: Season 4: Episode 12 (6:00pm - 7:00pm)

Right – but my point was that I think I missed whatever part first presented that – I only have the one throwaway line later. So I was asking if there was more to it, or was the later line the only mention of it?

Namely, this was the gist of what I saw:

Lackey: “It was one of our employees, a guy named Habib Marwan. We can’t let them get his files.”
President of company: “But we can’t hide things from CTU”
Lackey: If I knew this 24 hours ago, I would have done everything I could to stop this attack. But now we have to protect the company. If it’s known that he worked for us, our name would be synonymous with terrorism."

BLIP power goes out
Monstre: Shit! Dammit! ^@%#%@&^@%%!!!!

power comes back on
computers in Monstre’s house start resetting
Monstre flips on TV
desperately trying to get cable box to come back on and get things set to correct channels

Jack: We need to see the files yadda yadda yadda

So, the point is, I missed a few minutes between. If there was something about arms to terrorists during this chunk, what was it?

The only such implication I saw was a good while later, after Jack and Paul had been looking through the computer for a while, when Evil Lackey made the “they’ll find out we were selling arms to terrorists” line.

No, that was it.

Yeah, but consider this: When he woke up this morning, his only thoughts were drinking Budweiser out of a Cubs mug and wallowing in how sh-tty his life was. If he keeps up this pace he’ll be president by midnight.

RancidYakButterTeaParty, yes, an electroemagnetic pulse can really happen, and will actually destroy electronic equipment, although I don’t know how you’d create one without setting off a nuke. Here’s a bit of info, although it’s pretty technical.

Someone set off an EMP in your neighborhood??? :smiley:

I’m wondering if he’s getting a paycheck or any recognition. He busted some ass for a few hours, grabbed the bull buy the horns (corporate speak) and made some real deal progress over at CTU. They can’t just let Tony go back to Bud out of a Cub cup! I got $5 he smacks the ex-orcist before the season ends.

So … do all defense contractors keep their EMP testing facilities in the same highrise as their corporate offices?

Actually I think you picked a good episode to start with. They seem to be doing a bit of a plot reset, and most of the plot threads from the first part of the season have been wrapped up in the past episode or two.

I had a thought that the show would cut to the prez preparing to land in LA, just as the EMP goes off and disables the plane :p. It would be hilarious to not have them mention where he’s flying for 12 hours, and then he just happens to be right where the pulse goes off.

But she looks mah-velous!

Yes. . . but they have to be in Room 12 on the first floor for safety reasons.

I don’t think you’re so far off. Remember, Marwan met with Mystery Guy and they talked about things being ready at the AIR FORCE BASE. If you were a President flying around for 11 hours or so, wouldn’t it just figure that you would be heading toward the LA Area and would land at an AIR FORCE BASE??? Maybe that’s another part of Marwan’s evil plan: Kill The President!!!

Yes… damn them, those irony-inducing bastards!

Clearly that’s because the nuclear warheads are all on the third floor. :smiley:

The ex-orcist?

(This post has been orc-ed by the orc-ist?)

Ah, annieclaus, I think you got it (well a part of it)! Though I guess they would have to come up with something ultra big to beat the activate every nuclear power plant. I’d imagine there would also be a twist. Kill the President, but make him do something beforehand.

So speaking of escalating threats… what’s left for Season 5?

Perhaps the terrorists will plot to route an asteroid from it’s path and set it on a collision course for Earth – target = America.

Of course, only too late do they realize the effects their plan might have on their home countries. They enlist Jack Bauer’s aid to stop the asteroid. :wink:

If all that’s true, he has to be coming to California… but this does make sense. We heard that the terrorists may have used Paul ‘to get some leverage on the Secretary of Defense for a future plot or as a contingency’ or whatever. Maybe someday we’ll find out how the terrorists learned where Heller was going that morning.

I didn’t really get the last bit with MF either. That’s not the first time this season we’ve been left wondering about people’s motivations.

Screw you! That’s how you spell exorcist! And Michelle is Tony’s Ex! WHY YOU GOTTA WASTE MY FLAVE?!?

Yeah, it sure seemed likke the “we sold arms to terrorists” came out of the blue.

I really expected ex-hubby to say to Jack: “I was testing them. There is no version 3.5”.

OK, I was just starting to get into this season, and now they’re are turning it into everything I hated about Season 3. Too much family business in CTU. Jack and Audry, now Tony and Michelle (again!), Audry and Jack and ex-hubby, Driscoll and daughter, SecDef and daughter… Bleh!!

It’s gotta be time to torture another CTU employee. It’s been, what, 3 hours or so since we’ve had done that?

Not much to add this time around, I think they’re in major reset mode. BTW, I’m thinking Fuel Air Bomb or Nuke theft, knowing where the presidents going to land is really unlikely. Anyway I figure it’s time to place bets.

1. Does Chloe return?

2. Is there still a mole in CTU, think about it, Driscoll’s daughter was the only patient (that they showed) in the Med Center, something suspicious may be afoot. Also think back to Sherri Jr. why did her car explode?

3. Curtis (aka Black Bauer) and/or Tony is gonna bite it, my vote is Tony after Michelle vanquishes him to field ops.

4. In view of 3, will Curtis say “how come he gets to go”

Ok that last one was a dig at his pouting.

Some thoughts…

The car bomb was probably planted by the same group of people who killed her contact with a shot from the roof and ended up killing her anyway when she and Curt were in with the computer. It’s not someone from CTU.

What was up with Jax unholy groan as he was near the EMP? Was he just frustrated that he couldn’t move the thing or was he injured? (either by The Pulse or by hernia)

Ok, now let’s play PICK THE 24 COUPLES!!! Who will hook up by the end of the season?
I’m guessing:

Tony and Michelle (I was thinking Bud Man and Sara but then Michelle popped in)

Driscoll and William “Don’t Call Me Kennedy” DeVane (ahhhh December / December romance)

Mama Q’leaver and Lulu “Killer Butch” McCrae (Woman on woman Lovin’ in the Biiiig House!!!)

Jack and Defense Daughter (you say they’re already hooked up? Think again. Mr. Bean-pole is back in the saddle again–if he can live through next week)

Comic Book Guy and…

…his glowing mommy? (My Mother Went Straight To Radioactive Heaven And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt That Sez “Nerds Do It Rarely”)

Chloe and Tom Cruise (didn’t any of y’all see that deleted scene from “Magnolia” where she has a date with Tom Cruise?)

I vote for Sarah. She’s been kind of bitchy lately, and I want to see if she’ll still forgive and forget and go back to her desk if she gets tortured twice in one day.
evil grin