24: Season 4: Episode 7 (1:00pm - 2:00pm)

The Secretary should have slapped ForeignHubby and told him to grow a pair ala R. Lee Ermey.

Another good episode with some nice moments. I feel like last week’s previews mislead us a bit, but oh well.

No, I’m pretty sure it was the same way last year.

My response to Tony was “WHAT?!?” Didn’t remember the “rumors” 'til later. I noticed they tried to be realistic with a photo for once: when they blew up the picture of the guy Audrey recognized, it was pixellated.

From what I could see on the map, I think Chicago will be okay. Wahoo. Things don’t look so good for the western part of IL and eastern part of Iowa, though.

So the big bad guy is Imhotep? That guy couldn’t even beat Brendan Fraser; Jack’ll snap him like a twig.

And big thumbs up for Tony reappearing.

OK, I know who R Lee is, but explain the reference.

I’ve only been watching for this season. Whiskey Tango Foxtro is Tony?

I almost certain Ermey said that to a recruit in Full Metal Jacket, but something more like “[do something] like you got a pair”.

Thanks, MKL, I forgot to watch last week, and was looking for this thread for a link to find out what happened last week. Although, if someone wanted to sum it up briefly here, I wouldn’t mind.

Tony Almeida, who worked at CTU during seasons 1 - 3. At the end of the last season he was in Deep Doo-Doo for mucking up the works a little when the bad guys were giving him orders over the phone because they had his wife Michelle (also worked at CTU, seasons 2, 3) captive.

Last we heard, Tony was maybe gonna get charged with treason.

Ahhh. Jack Bauer’s CTU backup. The Star Trek Red Shirts of the 24 universe.

Scuse me, but could somebody please 'splain how Tony knew where Jack and the girl were. I kind of missed that. I was knitting.

They didn’t show that. Jack gets on the phone saying he’s calling the only person he trusts. Next thing you know, Soul Patch comes in, gun a-blazin’.

Jack made a call, saying it was to the only person he could still trust.

That said, 24 has now been relegated to a show I will work in front of, rather than a must watch. I can see reason for your knitting.

Yes, for doing about 1/10 of what Jack Bauer gets away with each week!
I like the love triangle that’s developing between Jack and that douchebag over the girl.

Some unspoken lines:
Mr Douchebag - “[some macho BS about his ex-wife]”
Jack - “I’m Jack Bauer bitch…”
Mr Douchebag “Your daughter is making a mistake…”
Defense Secretary Heller “when YOU singlehandedly save us from twenty terrorists…then you are worthy of my daughter…”

Stop reading my mind!

I was really hoping that Jack would call Chloe in. Oh well.

I could use a dose of female nerdy attractiveness right now.

“Sound off like you’ve got a pair.”

See, that’s what I thought too. . . that Chloe was the only person he could trust. I guess she’s the only OTHER person he can trust!

Yeah, but she wouldn’t have come in, guns a-blazing. But she might have attacked the terrorists with some passive-aggressive comments. :wink:

Of course, when he said, “I’m calling the only person I trust…” – this could actually be a number of people (including Chloe). He could also have meant Kim, but she would have taken 8 hours and 3 mountain lions to get there.

Or he could have called Ex-President Palmer

At that point, I thought, “Sweet, here’s Chloe coming back!” My reaction was measurably bigger when Tony showed up. I believe I actually said out loud, “Oh Em Gee God!”

Oh… Em… Gee…

Nope, can’t make any sense of it. :slight_smile: