24: Season 5: Episode 19 (1:00am - 2:00am)

You know, I’ve been a faithful 24 fan for every episode since the first season. No matter how many people around me have begun to abandon the show because they think it’s getting absurd, I’ve stuck by it.

But you know something? This new set of bad guys who are now controlling Logan? I…I just don’t know anymore. This may be one plot twist too many for me. I’m willing to sit through it and see how it plays out, but I’m more than mildly annoyed right now. Introducing new bad guys with what – five hours to go? – just feels disingenuous. :rolleyes: Grumble, snort, etc.

Outside of that, I enjoyed the episode. The return of Black Bauer and another great dramatic performance by FLOTUS makes it worthwhile. And thank God Karen finally got a clue. Now we can start getting somewhere.

Don’t Jack’s powers weaken the farther away he gets from LA, though? He’s going to have to bring that plane down pretty quickly, wherever it’s headed.

It’s the Brits!

I knew Hayes would turn out to be good guy (or good gal). Why doesn’t CTU doesn’t assign a private securtiy guard to watch every analyst? Sooner or later, each one ends up in holding anyway.

I don’t know about Heller, but somehow I doubt he’s really dead. Anyone who can sucker punch Jack can survive a measly little car crash into a lake.

Once you found out that Logan was being the scheming, we knew that there had to be someone behind him pulling the strings. He’s too much of an idiot to find his ass with two hands, much less coordinate a complicated plot while keeping almost everyone in his administration outside of it.

Heck, even Mike Novak hinted about it. He said that the president was keeping his own counsel for once. He’s always just been a puppet, whether he’s controlled by his wife, Mike, the vice pres, or iirc Sherry Palmer.

I’m really pissed now. Heller was one of my favorite characters.

And the guy with the laser sight was a idiot. If he didn’t know before, he knows now.

So, what happened to Aaron(for real, I mean).

I’m really glad to know that level 8 security is so tight that some guy in a hoodie carrying bags can just walk into the baggage compartment of a plane full of diplomats(?) without being noticed. Maybe the hoodie is elven?

And who are the room guys? The Illuminati?(if they are, I’m leaving).

Chloe set that satillite thing up really fast. No more then 15 seconds and she’s already feeding it to Jack.

So, Where’s Curtis been all this time? He didn’t get stopped and beaten up by the LAPD, I hope.

I rented and watched Season 2 a couple weeks ago. You think this is ridiculous? Did you see what happened to Kim? I keep trying to count the number of times she was in mortal peril that season and I lose track. I think the show’s always been a tad absurd, and I think it’s unjustified nostalgia that has convinced people otherwise.

I don’t think that’s true - you wouldn’t see a laser beam unless it hit your eye - a beam of light in air is invisible (unless it’s distinctly dusty) and it’s hard to look at your own chin, which seemed to be about where the laser was hitting him.

Do you not get it or am I being whooshed? To “hijack” a plane is to take it over by force; it was a silly pun based on Jack’s name - replace “him” with “Jack” and you get “Jack hijacks a plane.”

Which is worse, snakes on a plane or Jack on a plane.
???

Jack, armed with snakes, on a plane.

Well…you’re in a helicopter aiming at a car going down the road. You’re going to bounce. He’s going to bounce. The red dot is going to get in the guy’s LOS at some point.

Hence the new nickname - hiJack Bauer.

-Joe

Secretary Heller is one bad dude. I also like the fact that he seems to be one of those old cantankerous guys who everyone refers to by title, not name. Even when Henderson was trying to convince Audrey about her dad being alive he says “I’ve known your father for a long time. Secretary Heller is a good man.” If you know him so well, why not say “James Heller”, or just “James”?

I also loved Jack’s run onto the plane. Just him, his hoodie, and his man purse. Nothing to see here……(whistling)….Just got some last minute luggage……full of important t-shirts you see….

Jack “hiJack” Bauer armed with the Jack Sack, backed up by Black Bauer, Hack Bauer, BillBack(again)Buchannen Bauer all the whil mourning the loss of Snack Bauer and working to save the life of Rack Bauer…

I’m starting to think that Audrey needs to get her own nickname - except she hasn’t killed anyone yet…and that should be a requirement for everyone except for Snack Bauer, who has killed many buffets over the years.

-Joe, IBSAttack Bauer

What else is in tha thing? Smoke grenades, machine guns, cold beer, an Easy Button?

Bloody Bauer.

I laughed.

I don’t know who the cabal of new baddies are, but I already have nicknames for two of them:

Ernie Douglas
Nairobi Pete

I don’t know who the cabal of new baddies are, but I already have nicknames for two of them:

Ernie Douglas
Nairobi Pete

I’m picturing Heller climbing out of his car and appearing in front of the Vice President…soaking wet and eyes blazing.

“Jim! What happened to you?!”
“That son of a bitch tried to have me killed! Do you believe me now?”

Which leads me to a question I had after the show. We last saw the VP in open-mouthed shock in Logan’s office. No follow-up from him? No questioning of Logan? No quiet conversations with Mike Novick or any phone calls?

Couple of ATM receipts , a Foghat tape, a link from an old watch band, and a box of Sunmaid raisins.

And of course, a ski mask, in case he needs to knock over a convenience store.

Nay on that last one. Sherry was bumped off in season 3, and Logan wasn’t introduced as a character until season 4.

But that was a good comment by Mike, about Logan keeping his own counsel for a change. Definitely not the usual for Charles “What do I do now?” Logan.

The only one I could think of was Frack Bauer.

And I also thought “illuminatus” about New Bald Bad Guy. I hope this show doesn’t take that direction…

Oh God, I hope that those guys are the Illuminati, this will make this the BEST SEASON EVER!

Explain this to me. Jack is on a plane at Van Nuys airport. The same airport where a * fuel truck * blew up not an hour ago, amidst automatic weapon fire, apparently taking down a helicopter at the same time. Air traffic would not be taking place there. The place would be shut down tighter than a frog’s butt.

I’m trying to figure out how the baddies in the helicopter managed to avoid seeing Curtis’ speeding car as they flew in.
We still haven’t seen the repercussions from Jack screwing over the dashingly disheveled German secret agent. I wonder if he’s on the plane.

Although the plane looks like a British diplomatic flight. So Jack bids pretty fair to be persona non grata with the Chinese, the Germans, * and * the Brits. His choice of vacation destinations is becoming increasingly limited.

(whines)
But it doesn’t rhyme with “-ack”!

Duuuuuh.

-Joe, thinking of naming his kind ‘Alexander’ so he can use the nickname “dur”