24: Season 5: Episode 20 (2:00am - 3:00am)

Kinda nice?

I’m this close to stalking Ms. Rajskub. I suppose I should be concerned that I became more enamoured of Chloe when she casually tasered that schmuck.

“Sure, sit down!” Zott!

Sweet.

The air marshal was played by Kirk Acevedo.

OK, I’ve put up with some plot holes before, but now I’m as steamed as Mike Novick! Chloe shouldn’t have had to taser any drunk at a bar. The episode took place after 2 am.

Bars close in California from 2-6 am.

And there’s freakin’ marshal law imposed anyway!

I want to be Chloe when I grow up. I want to have either the presence (or absense) of mind to taze people, answer their questions while they’re slumped over my table, and then go back to work.

Even hotel bars? Just asking.

And I’m going with the hotel is leaving the bar open later because of the martial law, as a way to ease the strain of being confined in your hotel.

So they want to shoot down the plane. Haven’t they read Jack’s file? He’s impervious to airborne missile attacks.

At this point, don’t you think Jack should have played the fricking tape to Chloe and the DHS chief? You know, make a backup in case the president orders the plane shot down?

Why doesn’t the battery in Jack Bauer’s cell phone run down? Does he have some way to charge it? Does he carry extra batteries? Couldn’t the authorities track him by his cell phone? Hey, what about his PDA batteries too?

How can an uber-geeky woman get pesky men to leave her alone? It seems like being mean to them just makes them like her more. She could blather on about the latest shoe styles or celebrity gossip, but that would eat precious seconds that she needs to patch around the super-double-secret FAA/CTU/Homeland cyberfirewall.

And do they have nice lighting?

It took only 1 minute into the episode before CTU failed to secure another perimeter. Sure, knock on the door while Chloe slips out the back. It’s a mistake * any * well trained counter terrorist team could make.

Anyone notice that Jack seems chronically out of breath? I guess it’s hard to get motivated to stay in shape when you don’t know when that one busy day every two years is gonna come up.

How come the baggage hatch was conveniently unlocked up until the crew got suspicious. One would think that “secure baggage hatch” would be pretty high on your list of basic security measures.

Jack’s winning over the captain seemed unlikely. If I had to choose between who to trust, the guy who was swinging from the airleron controls a few minutes ago would be low on my list.

Pretty darn convenient that the bald Presidential henchman managed to pick up an unscrambled conversation between Chloe and Karen Hughes just in time to ramp up the tension. “Oh noes, he has the recording! Let’s shoot down the plane!”

BTW, who didn’t see the “shoot down the plane” scenario happening? It’s almost a race between Jack and the President to see who can piss off more foreign countries in a single day.
Does a taser really knock you unconscious? I thought you just writhed around in pain for a while.

Just to be picky, it wasn’t CTU knocking at Bill’s door. It was Homeland Security. Perhaps they don’t know about perimeters. Or protocols. And stuff like that.

While we are on the subject, how does he manage to survive without food or water? Oh well, at least that explains why he does not have the need to void like other humans!

And aren’t they hydraulic?

Perhaps it is a function of blood alcohol. Maybe it’s a special CTU taser that comes with the laptop. :slight_smile:

It could then have been one of several agencies, like the Coast Guard who wanted to be sure everyone got a personal floatation device rather than watch the back door.
Or the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service looking for bow weviels, and having difficulty spelling it.

My nomination for best post in the thread – maybe even the board!

Actually, I thought of that. But HD took over CTU, so I’m assuming they’re using CTU goons.
Isn’t this the second time today that Bill Buchanan has been taken into custody by CTU? That’s gonna look good on the resume: “Managed CTU for two years until they arrested me. Twice.” Of course, is there anyone who works at CTU who hasn’t been interrogated by them?

As far as we know, neither Jack nor Henderson has listened to the tape since Jack played it. Whatever happened to “distrust but verify?”

I’m a bit confused about the characterization of the First Lady. After displaying rather remarkable courage and strength of character all day, she seems to have degenerated into a pill popping drunk. I guess that’s all leading somewhere.

No sign of Audrey this hour. I assume they’re transfusing her somewhere. And, at least in theory, dredging her old man out of the lake. (The President seems curiously uninformed or at least unconcerned about the fate of his Secretary of Defense.)

I’m on the verge of quitting this show for good, but a finale featuring the triumphant return of Sec. Heller and Aaron Pierce, guns a-blazin’, might convince me to keep watching. Then I think next season should involve the two of them plus Jack and Chloe driving around in a souped-up techno van getting in adventures and solving mysteries like the A-Team.

Hell, look at it this way. At least they made it to the house withen a couple minutes. If Chloe had been a hurricane in NO, it would have been at least a couple days before they got there.

You can’t buy alcohol in a bar in California between 2 and 6. Period.
You can’t buy in a store either at those times either.

The bar could stay open only if it were just serving soft drinks and coffee and stuff like that.

But Chloe’s tasered “friend” was definitely drinking something hard.

If I did not already have the perfect sig…