24: Season 5: Episode 9 (3:00pm - 4:00pm)

So I was paying attention, sorta. Did Kim finally show up or was she stuck in a cougar trap? This was supposed to be the episode.

And…noooo…not Aaron! Get out of the limo, Aaron!

Poor Aaron, loyal to a fault. I hope he lives.

Nasty Bauerses!
We hates them!

Sister! Give me back my Precious!

ROFL! That’s exactly what I said to my wife: “She doesn’t want to threaten him? WTF, this is the same guy that just got rolled by his freaking SISTER!”

Kind of funny how nowadays, when Jack goes against an order and starts operating solo, it no longer fazes anybody in CTU, except for whoever the new Crisis Boss happens to be. And next season, Lynn will probably join right in, secretly assisting Jack against the orders of the next Higher-Up that Division sends.

That is, if his sister isn’t busy beating him up that day.

What Jack really needs to do at this point is call President Logan directly and tell him, “Look – you wanted me to help handle things today and do what needs to be done. I need you to call Lynn McGill and tell him to stop hindering Audrey, Chloe, and Bill. Oh, and just tell me where the motorcade is, and I’ll handle that, too.”

I just want to say that I’m really liking Bill Buchanan. He might be the best boss CTU has ever had. I liked Lynn earlier in the day – he seemed like an obnoxious bureaucrat, but someone willing to compromise and listen to reason. But getting beaten up by his crack ho sister has cracked his icy facade, and now he’s losing his shit. Still, with Bill, Chloe, Edgar, Audrey, Curtis, and Jack himself on duty (plus Soul Patch Almeida still recovering), season 5 looks like it will have the most competent and likeable CTU staff to date.

I have a feeling Lynn is not long for this world. No inside info on this, just a gut feeling.

Ah, come on! “I think you should call me MISTER Samwise.”
No, he was always a suck up, nice to “his” people when it suited him and cutting their throats when he needed an excuse.

PLEASE, let it be Jack!

That’s one thing that really bugs me about 24: the poor portrayal of the press. Didja see how many journalists were at the Western White House when the Russians departed? Like maybe 3. In real life you’d have at least a gaggle.

Another thing that bugs me is the lack of traffic in and around LA.

I know, I know. . . press people and traffic all costs a bunch of money. And we’re dealing with FOX after all. But it bugs me.

Damn. Lynn went downhill first. He went from “Flank 2” to “Not paying attention the idiotic call logan made last year of trying to bring Jack in prematurely and thus causing him to lose Marwan around hour 18”.

I can’t wait for Sec. of Defense Heller to come down and browbeat the shit out of Lynn at this point.

He, like Bucahan, understands the first rule of 24:

“JACK IS ALWAYS RIGHT!”

The 2nd rule of 24 is:

“The only reason you’re still concious is because Jack doesn’t feel like carrying you”

Lynn needs to get with the program.

Oh, and they killed Badger! And TV Room guy! Those bastards!

Quick question: In the past two seasons, has President Logan ever made a good decision?

So we know that Nathanson said they’re were other people in the gummint working against CTU and the Prez. Is there much doubt that Samwise is going to be in on this whole thing?

Those were just the guys from Fox who stuck on the photo op instead of scrambling to cover the morning’s assassination.

I thought this was, overall, a very good episode. But why is anyone keeping anything secret from Lynn? Audrey and Jack started out keeping it secret because Nathanson wanted to deal only with Jack, and Jack always (rightly) assumes that if other people know what’s going on, they’ll screw it up. But Nathanson is dead now, so it’s just good guys v. terrorists. Why not get all of CTU cracking on this new lead?

Or is it because of worries about “other people in the government”?

If only. But pictures of Samwise in the Ned Beatty role, with the rider being none other than the dude with the keycard, keep flashing before my eyes. I can’t put Mr. Keycard in with the Bad Guys just yet, but I see a separate agenda spoiling Samwise’s otherwise happy day.

Isn’t it more “has President Logan ever made a decision?” at all (unassisted)?

That and the fact that he’s currently a fugitive. Informing Lynn of Jack’s activities would likely mean whatever leads he found being dropped while he’s apprehended and debriefed.

About that key card Samwise lost…

spoiler sites say there will be a bloodbath in CTU soon, and I am of the opinion that the keycard will be involved in that.

Dammit, what did I do wrong…why isn’t my spoiler tag working? :mad: