24: Season 5: Episodes 11-12 (5:00pm - 7:00pm)

None of the ones you mentioned died tonight.

When Bill told Tony about Henderson being involved, I knew that Tony was going to have something to do with the Henderson storyline coming up – and it looks like it’s just been set up. While the main folks are quarantined in the situation room, Henderson is locked down in the medical bay with… Tony! Methings Tony’s going to be whupping some Henderson ass before the air clears (literally).

Poor Carrie – I bet she wishes she’d just stayed fired now. Those CTU folks were dropping like flies. And Chloe lost her Whipping-Boy-Who-Gives-Her-Longing-Looks-Protege… Edgar. Makes me think of the MST3K episode when Frank left – and Dr. Forrester sang, “Now who… who will I kill?” :wink:

Meeko – no need to spoiler-box any of those questions or speculations, because you didn’t reveal anything known. And based on what aired tonight:

• We didn’t see Lynn McGill (the Hobbit) during the evacuation, so his current fate is unknown.
  • Tony was in the medical bay, which is one of the “safe” lockdown areas that Chloe found on the computer – before they ran into their own lockdown area, the Situation Room – and Henderson (guy getting tortured) was moved into the medical bay, too.
  • As for the Needle Guy? Who knows…? He’s a minor player, anyways.

Unless you watched the previews which had him still alive.

There’s an allusion to this on the previews for next week (at the end of the show), and I’m thinking the same thing…

The previews flash a bunch of shots of main characters and say something like, “And one of these may have to make the ultimate sacrifice to save them…” One of those usual trailer-style hints that implies one character flashed on the screen will die. Lynn was among them. I think they may have him redeem himself (since it was his mistake, not reporting the stolen card) by doing something heroic and dying to save the others.

Lynn thats the guy. LOL. Then again, he is expenable at this point too.

Curtis and Company were still on the site at the Hospital?

I have a brilliant idea here. Stay with me - it’s a little bit outside the box. But if there’s nerve gas released in a ventilation system - and I know this is a leap, but just listen - how about turning the goddamn ventilation system off, you idiots? Edgar died for your sins!

Wow. I’ve never watched a complete episode before (only had it on in the background), but that was some fine, creepy TV. Also, I love Kiefer’s cute little messenger bag, but I am late to the game and that is besides the point.

You can find the identity of anybody in the world from a blurry frame of a security video in less than 15 seconds. Turning off the ventilation is a good hour, hour-and-half job, I’m sure.

Maybe I missed it, but how was it that Druggie Boyfriend got connected w Mr. Terrorist to sell him the key card? Did he post it on eBay?

That vice-president gave me the creeps.

And let’s not write off Kim’s boyfriend as ‘automatic to get his azz whupped by Jack’ just yet. As he demonstrated in ‘Red Dawn,’ the man can handle an AK-47.

Other thoughts…

Glad that Chloe gave that little bit of more info to Kim. I think that may have made things more clear to Kim that Jack didn’t keep her in the dark because he didn’t trust her (as Kim implied in their conversation). I kept wanting him to tell her, “Four people knew I was alive and they were all attacked – two are now dead”. But Chloe filled in the details, in her usual tactful way. :wink:

Oh, and I assume Henderson’s wife was taken to the hospital, not to CTU. So she should be fine – just a bullet wound to the thigh – no nerve gas for her.

If Henderson’s wife did know that password, then right after Henderson showed that he wouldn’t give Jack info, even with his wife being tortured… that would have been the right time to give that password to Jack. I assume Chloe’s program is still trying to crack it?

And maybe CTU keycards do work just like in real life, but Lynn was too proud/stupid/embarrassed to report it earlier (like he should have), so that that access card could be immediately invalidated.

Bad Guy: “Oh, did I say I was going to pay you $20,000 for this keycard? I’m sorry, I misspoke. I don’t have that kind of cash on me, so please accept these two bullets as substitute payment.”

Well, if you’ve played “24: The Game”, which takes place between seasons 2 & 3 and may be considered canon, CTU gets taken over by terrorists

Buchanan: “Bad Guy is in the north corridor! He has one of our people!”

Why the hell didn’t he just say “He has one of our Redshirts!”, cause the guy was wearing one, you know.

So I also want to know how they are going to clear out the air in CTU, once HazMat teams show up and such. Assuming they can still call outside (which I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t). I mean, what do you do? Put some big industrial fans in there to blow the air outside? A big giant vacuum? Several cases of Extra Strength Lysol?? Get President Logan on the phone, because he’s a total windbag, and any wind will help?

Inquiring minds want to know…

I think the US government might be involved in the writing of this show. Because if you watch this show, you know one cardinal rule: don’t EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER help the terrorists. They don’t keep their end of the bargain and will kill you EVERY TIME. I’m not sure I’ve seen any single terrorist keep their word since Mandy ran off with the cash in season one (and even then her girlfriend got a venhilated spleen out of the deal).

Don’t trust the vice-president! It’s Leland Palmer! He killed his daughter!

Ooooh, yah! Really, really creepy. Just right for 24 right about now.

My favorite moment in tonight’s two-hour Jack-athon: Jack shoots Mrs. Bad Guy “above the knee so she can walk!” Total surprise!!!

Least favorite moment: Edgar’s passing. RIP, good buddy!

I have always thought CTU would be a good target for terrorists and wondered why none of them have ever attacked it. Oh, wait. . . I’m remembering a bombing or something like that. But this one was goooood!

When Tony got out of bed and looked up Michelle’s file on the computer, was I the only one who thought that CTU’s HR Department is really on the ball? I mean, she was killed less than 9 hours ago, and they’ve not only updated her file as “deceased” but they have pictures of her dead body and blown up car uploaded to her file. And she doesn’t even work there anymore. They are on top of things.

It would appear from the previews that Jack is not only impervious to conventional weapons but chemical ones as well.
I really though Jack was going to smack his daughters boyfriend one across the face.

Well, then we would have had a perfect episode!

Poor Edgar. The guy didn’t even get to squeeze out a quick “I love you, Chloe. I’ve always loved you.”