24: Season 6: Episode 16 (9:00pm - 10:00pm)

Chloe hasn’t shot or zapped anyone yet. So much for the “Greatest Hits” idea.

Or does this mean that she’ll be picking up an assault weapon soon?

Doyle’s plan made no sense. Why didn’t he tell Nadia that he was trying to cover Milo Minderbinder? Because it wouldn’t be dramatic, I know. Bah.

Where does Milo Minderbinder come from? I’ve been calling him that all season, too. From Don Martin of MAD magazine, maybe? Okay - my husband just told me it’s from “Catch-22.”

(And just for the record, Milo is hot. Some of us dig a big nose on a guy, you know?)

A request for a presidential pardon (usually granted) in exchange for ino that usually does them no good at all.

But he had his pardon. Why did he do it?

Let’s see, my options are to make a deal with the American pigdogs and live a nice life in a witness protection program somewhere, or go find a fanatic psychopath, have him cut my arm off, and then try to ditch the psychopath while I’m being pursued by his henchmen AND CTU.

WTF?

-Joe

Well, his other option – pursuing the pardon – meant staying in the custody of Jack Bauer. Being a fleeing amputee could be a better option…

Seriously… Jack already informed us that he had no intention of honoring the “pardon”. Now, Gredenko wasn’t privy to that exchange, but he still might have guessed at Jack’s intentions.

Add in:

Jack get tortured
Jack does some torturing
Jack’s SO gets kacked.
Good guy offers up their life to save the greater good.

Santa Monica pier at nine in the evening and not a soul around, yet the place is lit up like the Vegas Strip.

Gredenko didn’t ask for a pardon. He asked for a guarantee that he wouldn’t be prosecuted.

He wasn’t going to admit guilt!

Really. That is why this season is such a yawn. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslo Ostragoth
If he survives drowning after bleeding to death, that arc immediately goes into the 24 Most Unbelievable Moments Hall of Fame.
Quote:
You can just call it Pulling a T-Bag

I see your T-bag, and I raise you one Ghram as James Kim, complete with Bluetooth ear piece. (Well, they are BOTH dead at this point, right?)

Oh, and I also raise you “Handcuffed to the obligatory water pipe”.

I thought he was testing her, to show that her loyalty was with the company and not Milo. It’s probably his way of creating trust, since now he knows he can trust her and she, in turn, knows she can trust him (because he used the info to cover for Milo and not go through the usual protocol channels).

That was glaringly wrong! I figure the bus carrying the extras was delayed and there wasn’t time to turn off the ride lights and re-light the place to look like it was closed. So they just shot it like they planned but without the extras milling about. It looked very strange and took me out of the ‘reality’ of the story.

I think Brady is the mole, and this is some 24esque convoluted double cross/set up.

Which means he’ll be the mole working for the REAL bad guy. Fayed is caught (and will be rescued and then killed two or three episodes later) and General ComradeCommie looks to be dead and floating in the ocean.

So who’s our real menace?

-Joe

What “reality”?

The ‘reality’ we accept when we willingly suspend or disbelief to enjoy works of fiction.

But 24 is so far removed from reality, there is no possible way to stretch suspension of disbelief to reconcile what happens on screen with anything resembling the real world. It’s more like the old Flash Gordon serials and that’s its charm, IMO.

I have one thing, I’m new to this show and have only seen a few episodes. I saw one full DVD, and one recent episode. At the end he finds out

his brother

is apparently in league with terrorists. He asks for some information, doesn’t get it, says “you brought this on yourself” and then starts suffocating him with saran wrap as the episode ends. How often does he do this? There used to be a MAD TV skit with Will Sasso as Steven Seagal, where he was out of control and would go around snapping people’s necks (even, say movie-crew members) with one motion. I got this image of Jack Bauer doing the same thing, but walking around and putting plastic bags over people’s heads. It’s 4:24 AM and I just wanted to share this comical image I had in my head.

Well, this is his first time with the plastic bag technique. But for Jack, when time is of the essence and there are large stakes, going to extremes is his typical M.O. The plastic bag bit was probably “Interrogation Lite”, considering who it was. Most of the time he’s not that nice to the target of his interrogation affection.

One of the best Bauer moments was in season 2 when he turned the tables on the henchman who had been trying to torture Jack with the made up drug Beroglide. If you haven’t seen season 2, you should check it out.