24: Season 6: Episode 5 (10:00am - 11:00am)

Rena Sofer shows up…nice!

IT seems too obvious that blondie is Jack’s son, they wouldn’t actually do something that cliché would they? Hehe, who am I kidding, of course they would. This whole business with Jack’s family is off putting for some odd reason. I just wish they were normal, that’s all. Jack’s dad being a terrorist is just too stupid. He had better have been set up by his son Graham or something.

What’s up with Al Assad? He isn’t done; something fishy is going on there.

Regarding Fayed transporting all four suitcase bombs in the same vehicle. Does that seem asinine to anyone else or is it just me?! Split them up for gods sake, it just seems needlessly risky, that’s all.

Oh, don’t get the wrong idea, I just love to complain about the show.

I’m guessing Graham has been tortured before. And now it all makes sense: Baby Brother Bauer is in league with the terrorists because of sibling rivalry/inferiority. Very Marvel Comics.

When Jack changes his mind, he sure does it fast, doesn’t he? An hour ago, he was puking and just about in tears over not being able to hurt people any more. Before the end of the episode today, he knocked out his own brother, lashed him to a chair, threatened to pull his tongue out and started suffocation him with a plastic bag. Not that I expected Jack to fight the terrorists with satyagraha for the next 19 hours, but still.

So of course they have her married to a lawn gnome. I vote for the kid is Jack’s, too.

Is it just me, or is the actress who plays the President’s sister the worst. actress. ever.?

Hey, Graham is obviously rich and powerful, being the leader of the Illuminati, or the Secret Empire, or COBRA, or whatever it may be. I hear that first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get hot Jewish brunettes!

I only knew Regina King as the voice of the two kids on The Boondocks, but I can’t stand that show so she’s guilty by association.

Rena Sofer also shows up on “Heroes” as Peter Petrelli’s wheelchair-bound wife. She wasn’t in tonight’s “Heroes” so she can’t go up against herself.

I can’t believe I’m the first to suggest that it would be awesome beyond belief if the part of Jack’s dad were played by…

Donald Sutherland

Oooooh!!! That would be SO cool!!! That clinches it, you’re in charge of casting from now on, Max.

And thanks for clearing all that up for me, Lou. :wink:

Wasn’t it just weird that the “Help me! Help me! There’s a helicopter stuck on my roof!” guy didn’t know a mushroom cloud when he saw one? “Nuclear bomb? What nuclear bomb?”

And did you notice that baby bro didn’t even look a little surprised when Jack tied him to the chair and threatened him? Jack had to have been planning this since he talked to him on the phone and asked Chloe for his address. Jack is Back! Can the knife in the leg be far behind?

Prez Palmer II just didn’t exude the confidence and courage in his TV speech as did his big bro. He just seems caught between wimp and weezle or someone that occasionally has a clue, but not too often.

Any opinions on Chloe as a brunette as vs. blonde? Must admit I think blonde was better.

They tried. Apparently Donald was filming a movie in Australia and couldn’t get to the US to do it. Personally, I would have waited to do that part of the story until Donal was available, but that’s just me I guess.

I thought he looked like Ricky Schroeder.

Brunette is hotter.

And trim, brunette Chloe is even hotter than that.

I thought he looked like a blood elf, but then I’ve been playing WAY too much World of Warcraft lately.

In general, the general citizery of the 24 universe seems to be a little too laid back.

I was puzzled about why President Weenie was worrying over how to break the news to the country. You’d think that at least one news person would have noticed the blinding flash and the mushroom cloud. One would think that the story would be breaking all over the world within 2 minutes.

And what was up with Michelle Pfieffer (Evil Brit’s babe)? “Oh, darling, I was just shopping on Rodeo Drive, and now you want to take me to Palm Springs? What. A. Bore.” Duck and cover, bitch. Duck and cover.

I love this show! To me it is almost anarchic storytelling. ANything goes! I can just see the writers sitting around with the producers:

“We want to kill the President, in the first epeisode”
“Fine”
“We want to set off a nuclear bomb in Los Angeles.”
“Go ahead”
“We want Jacks pregnant wife to be shot in the final episode.”
“Great.”
“We need Jack to shoot in the back of the head his boss at CTU.”
“It’s a go.”
“We want Jack to kill Curtis.”
“Curtis?! Yeah.”
“We want to shoot down Air Force One.”
“Good idea.”
“We want Jack to torture his brother.”
“Fantastic.”
“We were thinking that the President could be in on it and his CRAZY wife could be the one to discover the plot.”
“I don’t see a problem with that.”
“Let’s have Chloe shoot someone.”
“Yep.”
“We want Jack’s daughter to escape from a mountain lion.”
“Uh, sure, whatever you want.”
“Do you have a problem if we decide to meltdown a nuclear reactor? It will just be a distraction from the main terrorist plot.”
“OK, but make sure a main character dies in the process.”

I could go on for days.

By the way, does Jack know about Graham’s evil role in his getting shipped to China?

Why do the cell phone towers work after the IMP, and how is there a clear channel when everyone would be calling everyone else?

I hate to be the jackass of the thread, but this season has me worried so far. Way too much soap-opera quibbling with Morris & Milo, and other stuff too unbeleivable even for 24. There’s another Palmer that we didn’t know about?! Jack’s brother & father are bad guys?! I realize none of this is new to 24, but now it seems redundant, and just not done as well.

I will say that I still hope Graham gets killed by a helicopter, though I suppose I’ll have to be happy with there being a helicopter crash in the same episode.

Jackass of the thread? Way to set yourself up, friend. :wink:

Seriously though, I’m pretty much just enjoying it and going on autopilot.

Jack knows all.

I was a little put off by the family reunion… all of these long lost relatives showing up this season it’s starting to feel like a daytime soap opera (although I’ve never actually seen a daytime soap opera). Plus the setup for Jack’s son as well. Next someone will get a brain tumor.

I wonder what Jack saw/heard that makes him assume his brother is guilty and torture worthy. There had to be some subtle clue. I thought he was going to reuse the lamp cord as a torture device like with Audrey’s late husband. What a versatile tool. Mental note: don’t have any lamps if I’m going to be a bad guy.

I liked Wayne in past seasons, but his acting isn’t that great this time, unless that speech was supposed to sound like he was woodenly reading it from a teleprompter.

Did Fayed actually drive past Jack while he was standing there in a daze? Not sure if that scene was in the same spot.