24: Season 7: Episode 15 (10:00pm - 11:00pm)

Suitably goofy idea. If that is the case, however, you would want your guys to be wearing gas masks because you don’t want your expendable underlings to know the truth that your super evil attack is actually just a ploy.

-Joe

I’m disappointed that agent Rowwwrr has all but been written out of the show. They easily could have had her swim across the Potomac to Alexandria in a tight wetsuit or something.

Better feed wet food.

I like the way Jon Voight is basically an exaggerated neocon. I don’t mean to score an obnoxious political point. I don’t mean neocons are evil, and I certainly don’t mean the overbroad “anyone who thought the Iraq war was a good idea” definition of neocon. I mean the actual intellectual architects of the neocon movement before it was so utterly discredited by the Iraq war. It was 1) attack other countries, 2) profit, 3) Go America!. Jon Voight is 1) kill a bunch of Americans, 2) profit, 3) Go America!. What is up with his weird overtone of patriotism?

Dave Barry’s take:

“Maybe this day will end on a positive note.” Sure! Aside from all the terrorist-caused deaths and the firefight IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Even evil puppetmaster Jon Voight looks like a dweeb with a Bluetooth headset.

That makes, by my count, three million bullets fired at Jack without hitting him just today.

This thread is such a buzzkill. I suspended disbelief and really enjoyed the episode!

I particularly enjoyed the conversation that the security guard had with his wife, establishing in 15 massively unsubtle seconds that he was working the night shift to provide for his pregnant with twins family. All that was missing was to have him don a red shirt and say something about this being his last day before retirement.

Given that Jack had a gun with a silencer (and apparently decent accuracy given that they were far enough away that Jack and Tony’s little spat didn’t alert the guard even though they were using their outdoor voices), they should have been able to get the odds down to about 2:1 before the firefight.

The Indiana Jones pastiche where Jack leaps on the truck and takes out the driver was kind of cute.

Commander Tucker from Enterprise. :slight_smile:

Dr. Phlox, Dr. Bashir; any more Trek actors on 24that I can’t recall?

Perhaps it is the Manny Coto connection. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I was half-expecting him to say something about the boat he just bought and named “Live Forever”.

I joked to the wife that he had finally solved the JFK conspiracy and was going to send his notes to the publisher tomorrow…

-Joe

I actually suspected he was not going to die, because the writers made it so painfully obvious that he was, thus setting us up for the ol’ switcheroo. So in a way, they managed to do something unpredictable, yet make it completely predictable anyway. If that makes any sense.

Ensign Ro was in Season 2 (Lynn Kresge).

Perhaps what they need to do next is have Night Watchman Trip turn out to be the Bigger Bad who is secretly pulling the strings of Jonas Hodges, the Sangalan terrorists, the First Daughter, etc.

Actually, he’s from an Enterprise (pick one) which got sent back in time and just HAPPENED to land in the 20/21st century. It turns out that the bio attack is SUPPOSED to succeed or blah blah blah…

-Joe

But the REAL mastermind behind it all is…

dun… dun… DUNNN!!!

Kim Bauer!

Or the cougar.