24: Season 7: Episode 6 (1:00pm - 2:00pm)

Yes, but I don’t think it’s implausible that this would be due to adrenaline and the advantage of surprise. A bit hard to swallow? Perhaps, but not beyond the point at which I can suspend disbelief.

He was Highly Motivated, and More Than a Little Pissed Off. :slight_smile:

Maybe I’m just easily amused, but I thought the first daughter-in-law-sorta’s stabbing was kinda brutal, especially with the paralyzed First Hubby watching. And I’m glad that both of them fell through the railing, I thought that was badass, while opposed to him tossing the SS Agent over the rail. That would have been unbelievable. And not in the good way.

One of the things I like in 24 is bad stuff does happen. Sure, Jack always foils the megaplot by the end of the season but over the course of the season the terrorists do occasionally get small victories.

This season’s alright so far. If Agent Hot Redhead doesn’t jump Jack’s bones by the end of the day I’d be very surprised.

To prove that the bad SS guy "needed killin’ "

Anybody want to bet that

the wife who volunteered to be kidnapped gets whacked?

Not only that, but there’s no way in hell the instructions they gave the flight crews had anywhere near the precision necessary to actually cause the planes to physically collide. The sky is a big place, and airplanes are small. But even aside from that, just being able to get two airplanes within a mile of each other without the flight crews noticing something was up is even more ridiculous.
EVIL TERRORIST: Yeah, uh, we need you to change your course to <insert aviation jargon here>

STUPID PILOT: Okely-dokely, controllerino.

[Moments pass]

STUPID PILOT: Uh, we’re picking up another aircraft’s transponder on our TCAS. Are you sure this flight path is clear?

EVIL TERRORIST: Oh yes. Quite sure. Probably just a malfunction.

STUPID PILOT: Oh. Uh, well, now we kinda have visual contact with another aircraft. If it’s all the same to you, I’m going to begin performing emergency evasive maneuvers.

EVIL TERRORIST: (mutters under breath: shit!) No, no! Don’t do that. We have reports of, uh, ghost aircraft in your vicinity. Like mermaids at sea, they use their wiles to coax unwary captains to their destruction. Yeah, you’d better just keep your course.

STUPID PILOT: …Ghost aircraft?

EVIL TERRORIST: …Yes.

[Moments pass]

STUPID PILOT: …Welp, alrighty then. Thanks, control. Holding our course. Over and out.
Gah. This is a fun show to watch, but it would be so much more dramatic if the writers had even the faintest grip on reality. :smack:

[Waves at Stealth Potato…]

I’m trying to figure out the Next Big Reveal-if White House Chief of Staff Norton is in on the Big Fucking Conspiracy, he certainly didn’t seem like he knew the SS agents were as well.

And we have a buddy picture now with Jack & Tony-except it’s got to be the most boring buddy pair I’ve ever watched in an action TV series or movie. I know what the tone the show’s producers are shooting for, but it’s a joyless and lifeless affair.

Well, “Let’s hide the bodies” is hardly Starsky and Hutch. :slight_smile:

Watch that scene again. The first gentleman attacked when the Secret Service baddie was leaning out over the railing a bit. It’s not that much of a stretch that the first dude got the SS guy off balance right away, and possibly the SS guy was more worried about not falling than in fighting back at first. It was only a second or two before they fell. The SS guy landed on the table with the first dude’s weight on top of him; easily enough to break his back. Then the first dude just had to squeeze a little on the neck to finish him off.

Probably when they were out at the ditch with the shovels. A little communication when they were out of earshot of Emerson.

Well, he didn’t really do that, did he? He was just trying to defend himself, but he wouldn’t have had the strength, just starting to get a little mobility back, to do a full strangle. I was under the impression that it was the fall from the upstairs loft (with First Hubby landing on top of the other guy) that did Evil Secret Service Kid in – looked to me like the fall broke the guy’s neck or something. I think First Hubby was going for his neck with whatever strength he was able to muster, and then realized the baddie was pretty much already done for.

Maybe planes fly slower in the 24-verse. In season 4, Air Force One took something like 13 hours to reach the vicinity of L.A. I think they were flying the Prez in from Washington. :::snort:::

24 is always full of implausibles, unbelievables, and not bloody likelies. Still, for some reason, I’m hooked.

But this episode annoyed me for several bits.

1. Bill and Chloe show up to rescue Agent redhead. She is sufficiently dead that she isn’t breathing. She was buried with plastic over her face. That means she suffocated. Yet her body is lying still and composed with her mouth and eyes closed. NO WAY! Suffocation is going out terrified, struggling to breath, eyes bulging, mouth open with plastic stuck in mouth.

2. Brunette gets picked up by Agent who tells her she is in danger and he’s taking her into protective custody, but they have time to go to her apartment for a few things. Fine. But this leads to a string of ughs.

2.1. When they get to the apartment, she gets out to go upstairs and he stays in the car. He’s the security agent to keep her alive, yet he’s going to let her out of his sight. Right.

2.2. She keeps her key under her doormat. Now this actually started in the previous episode, but it’s a carryover. When the First Laddy and SS guy show up at the apartment, we’re lead to believe they’re going to the home of someone the SS guy has arranged to meet. It is plausible the person left a key for them for that specific reason. But then we find out it’s the dead son’s fiance’s place. So she just keeps a key under her mat all the time. Right. Friggin’ idiot begging to be robbed. I mean, a door mat in an apartment hallway? It’s not like that won’t get moved by random passers by.

2.3. She’s returning to her own home, so what does she do? She uses the key under the doormat. She doesn’t have a key on her keyring? WTF?

2.4. Her life’s in danger. She believes someone wants to kill her. So what does she do? Causally walk in, take off her jacket, thumb through her bills, and wander into the living room to suddenly notice her guest. She’s too dumb to live. So are the writers.

1. The plane crash in clear sky. I could believe the device let them redirect the pilots. I could believe the device let them turn off transponders, or otherwise fake the signals. But the pilots should have seen each other.

2. Bill and Chloe drive up in a blue van. A black van is parked in the hangar before Jack, Tony, et al arrive. Later, Chloe and Agent Redhead are sitting in the black van outside hiding, and the blue van is in the hangar. Okay, maybe the other people wouldn’t know which van was which, but why would Chloe switch vans? I think this was a continuity error.

I know! I know! She doesn’t leave it there when she is home. :slight_smile: