24: Season 7: Episodes 23-24 (6:00am - 8:00am) Season Finale

It’s not a bad show but I wanted wall to wall excitement.

Bow chicka bow wow!

Is it just me, or was the camera work in these last two hours different?

One Jack dies, another is born.

A season long cliff hanger?! Assholes!!

…or not.

Is it really a cliffhanger though? We know Jack’s gonna survive. Although I do wonder how they’re going to play next season. Is Jack going to be in on the action, or will he be more of a mentor to Agent Walker? A Senator Palpatine to her Anakin?

There can only be two of them, right? :slight_smile:

Yeah, figured that Kim would come in and decide to go ahead with the “iffy” stem cell treatment attempt.

So, Jack will live to see another day, but my question is… will Kim suffer any ill effects from it? Will Jack be living with future guilt and torment that his salvation came at some cost to Kim?

And will Agent Rowrrr kill the dude or not? Guess that’s the big unknown they will leave us with. You know, she should have just saved herself the trouble and let Tony kill him – THEN swoop in, capture Tony, and the big bad guy is dead and Tony gets to take the rap.

If Alan Wilson ordered the hit on Palmer and Michelle, you’d think he’d recognize the name Tony Almeida (since Tony was supposed to be part of that hit as well – but only Michelle ended up in the bomb blast) from that incident. And he would never agree to meet Tony, just in case…

Nice little Tony turnabout on his little redhead girlfriend.
“Oh, Tony, I’m so glad you’re safe!”
BLAM!
“urp…? Was it something I said?” dies

I wanted at least a smidge of interrogation.

Excuse me, but doesn’t extracting stem cells simply involve a lot of punctures into the hip bones? As in, lots of pain that lingers for a week or two, but no permanent damage? Give her some of the morphine you keep pushing on Jack; she’ll be fine.

Oh, and BTW, kudos to Kim. She did nothing egregiously stupid AND actually was the source of the info that let the FBI save the day.

The implication I got was that Redhead was going to try her hand at torturing the names of the rest of the conspirators out of Wilson, rather than simply killing him.

Season 8:

Begins at 10:00:00.

Kim dies from the procedure, but Jack lives.

Madam President will order CTU to be recommissioned, where Janis and Chloe will work side-by-side, and Renee Walker will run the joint after proving her Bauerness by biting off Alan Wilson’s ear in the interrogation room. Jack will be reluctantly re-re-re-recruited. His heroin habit will come back from the guilt of Kim’s death.

Olivia gets 7-10 years, minimum security prison.

Henry, the president’s husband, his resentment now whipped into a fine lather, plots to reincarnate the body of David Palmer using advanced technology stolen from the Chinese government with the help of Tony Almeida - GASP!. Zombie David will terrorize local LA, bringing to life all those who have fallen in past seasons, with his zombie bite, creating a super army of horrific drones bent on nothing in particular.

When Jack discovers his deceased daughter is now part of the zombie army, Renee and Jack must then link their appendages together, ala Voltron, to form an invincible super-agent that might either save America or destroy the planet… 09:59:59…

Is it worth pointing out the time absurdities anymore? Deposing witnesses at 6:00 AM, only two hours or so after the incident. If only Washington worked that efficiently.

I did notice that Tony got to a forklift awfully fast. I mean, the garage door closed, and like 30 seconds later he’s located a forklift, gotten it operational, and is using it to lift the door.

I thought this was a really really good 2 hours, at least by 24 standards. It had multiple bad-ass action bits, including Jack kicking the doctors’ asses and Tony using a forklift in a cleverly improvised fashion (not to mention doing some fancy jump kick on Jack’s flare). It also had multiple dramatic moments that I thought were actively interesting, including Jack’s discussion of torture with Rene, Tony’s last words (well, of the season… I’m glad he’s not dead), and Jack talking to the imam.

The Taylor family storyline was a bit snoozy, but not terrible, and it didn’t interfere much.

Overall, I’m very psyched for season 8.

Great season! Completely and totally unbelievable, so over the top it sometimes bordered on comedy, but it was really, really entertaining in my opinion, and that’s what I watch TV for. Despite the absurdity of the plot complexity and the complete inability for this to all happen in one day, it was really a fun season. Season 6 was horrendously terrible, so I’m really glad to see the franchise come back and produce an entertaining 24 episodes.

Didn’t we have one of those silent helicopters appear out of nowhere to save the day at the end of last season?

I believe that is bone marrow extraction.

As someone on the bone marrow donor registry, I am reading about stem cell harvesting as an alternative therapy. My understanding is that it is still experimental. It involves injections of Filgrastim over about 5 days. Peripheral stem cells are then extracted from a machine similar to donating blood or platelets. There can be some complications such as pneumonia that require hospitalization, but I have never heard of it being fatal. However, this really should be answered

Admittedly, it is not as egregious a plot point as Chloe opening a DMA socket on a secured line and downloading the entire blueprint of Washington DC to Jack’s Blackberry while scrambling a Stealth helicopter to a secret paramilitary headquarters to foil a missile launch with bioweapons. But, let’s face it: stem cells (like terrorism, torture, shadow governments, airports, treachery) are still words that can provoke strong reactions and this show is all about the adrenaline.

During that whole torturous scene with Olivia and her mom and dad, I kept chanting “Fry the Bitch!” I have no sympathy for her.

To be fair, she could try to argue that she decided against it and only paid after the deal was done to keep the assassin from coming after her. I mean, it is the truth. Still, it’s hard to have any sympathy for her.

And Aaron, utter gentleman to the end.

Yea, Kimmie! Not only does she help in her own escape, not only does she follow the bad guy, but she recovers the computer and knows how to use it to find Jack. Kimmie did something useful! Little Kim Bauer? Really? YES!

As for Tony, we finally get more out of him than pained annoyance. And an actual motivation that makes his behavior consistent. I knew there was more going on than wanting revenge against the country - revenge against the man who caused Michelle’s death, that I buy.

We also got that promised deeper discussion of torture. Jack explaining his inner turmoil over the issue.

This episode had a lot right. But I still couldn’t care for Olivia. Fry the Bitch!

So next season, Jack is back, brain damaged from his battle with the prion. He walks funny and has memory problems, but still manages to out badass the terrorists. And I think you’re right - it has to be zombies. I mean, they’ve done everything else to death. But if not zombies, then I guess they’ll try to follow the leads against the rest of the cabal.

They should. Next season when Tony busts her out of prison, and they come looking for revenge, it’s going to be bad. :slight_smile: