24: Season 8: Episode 11 (2:00am - 3:00am)

I’d say its time. And the show has definitely bounced back from the lameness of season 6 and parts of season 7 (mostly the end). So it can go out on top.

If they kill 24, it will resurrect in the theatres. Either it will be one hell of a long movie, or all the filler storylines (like Dana/Cole and whatever the perv is adding) will go by the wayside.

No spoilers, but for those who watched the previews, what did you think of them announcing the times that things were going to happen? I liked the change of pace. Have they done that before and I just forgot about it or missed it?

And shits punches.

Best line of the night,

“First thing I am going to do is make your mom clean up you bloddy remains.” Or something like that.

Was a great line but totally lacking credibility. How stupid do you have to be to think that this guy would actually follow through on any of the threats against his mother? The son wouldn’t be around to see it, so there wouldn’t be any point, since the sole purpose of hurting mom would be to make the kid talk or at least hurt the kid.

Completely empty threat, and no amount of Jack-eyes can really make it seem credible.

Though I guess the thought process of a suicide bomber is probably not the most logical…

I don’t recall ever seeing them do that kind of a thing in a “next week on 24” promo before.

Given the context of the rest of the scenes in it, the first event (with an announced time) is easy to guess - i.e. what it will be.

Interesting way to do the promo – although I’m not yet decided on whether I like it in general. I like a good promo, but I don’t want them to telegraph TOO much.

Yeah, I didn’t really think Jack would go through with that kind of a threat. But he’s talking to a stupid mixed-up emotional kid, who has a bomb strapped to his chest and isn’t thinking logically. And Jack’s good at being convincing. He could have been more convincing if he brought mom back in and threatened to gouge her eyes out in front of Marcos, or something – although I suppose Hastings would have pulled the plug on that if he tried such a bluff.

Was Jack bluffing? Hmmm…

They had already cut the feed when Jack was making his threats, so he could have pulled the mother in. I could definitely see Jack shooting her in the leg to get Marco to talk.

I really didn’t think Hassan’s Daughter’s Boy Friend was going to be a bad guy. I always just assumed he would somehow save the day and fall back into Hassan’s graces. Although I probably should have seen it coming since it is a classic 24 scenario. I wonder if Hassan’s Daughter will be with the guy when he is successfully captured alive. Except, despite the successful capture, she can’t contain herself and kills him before he can be properly interrogated.

The dumb kid falling for Jack’s threat was pretty stupid but Dana is stupider by at least 5 levels.

How is Cole going to explain the gun shots on his car? “Uh, yeah, I was coming back from that lead that didn’t pan out. You know, the one I never told you about or reported in during. Well anyway, I was coming back from that lead and I drove through a drive by. Yeah. That’s right… A. Drive. By. Oh and I picked up my fiance on my way back.”

They didn’t even bother spacing out there entrances.

Also, let me get this straight. Dumb Kid is in a solid metal air tight tank and he makes a phone call? Faraday is apparently a dumbass.

My comment is the same as it has been for the past several episodes:
-Things directly involving Jack are fairly awesome
-Things involving Dana defy the limits of stupidity
-Everything else is OK but not great