24: Season 8: Episode 12 (3:00am - 4:00am)

My Mom actually called it. She then called me, and asked me if that was the stapler guy. And I was like, No way, you are crazy.

Then, just to prove her wrong, I went to IMDB. :eek:
… And missed the entire escape of Kayla.

Are we talking aesthetics here? I was thinking intelligence.

As for the Secretariat reference, I was just visualizing that race where Secretariat basically lapped the field. As for looks, I’d give Elisha Cuthbert a 9 and Dana a 4. Dog-meat truck looks.

A sack of hair or hammers would outwit Dana 8 out of 10 times.

I was thinkining this exact thing.

Also, wheres can I’s picks me up one o’ dem 100GB thumb drives?

Katee Sackhoff ain’t that bad. Elisha is pretty, but it’s a bland pretty (to me). She’s just another cookie-cutter Hollywood blonde.

If a sack of hammers could outwit Dana 8 out of 10 times, that’s not saying much about season 2 Kim. Not that I disagree. :smiley:

I assumed that this is all “plan B”, as they wouldn’t need leverage on the president if he had been killed. They would be quietly taking the nuclear rods home for use by the new government.

Okay, I was cheating on Katee’s looks a little. I could go with 6.

But I believe the only thing dumber than Kim in 2 was how great she was at running in braless tops. Strange how that attraction fizzled out.

Without going too much further off-topic, there was a “chick bracket poll” on a sports talk station in Birmingham last year and Elisha went a long way in it. Not Top 4 or anything, but a lot of voters in this neck of the woods either weren’t familiar with her brains, or just didn’t care. Besides, she smarted up in the last couple of seasons where she got to pretend she was an adult.

There’s just something about Katee that screams “stupid” that the writers are mining for all it’s worth.

Hey, I once saw a FOX show where someone broke out of prison with an egg beater.

A 100 GB thumb drive is looking real plausible to me right now.

A show dropping it’s unique “real time” premise, on the other hand, not so much. But, I will take Bauer’s record against Scofield’s any day.

Jack can be anywhere, anytime instantly when it suits the writers’ needs. Unless he absolutely has to be somewhere, then he gets there a moment after it’s too late.

Word. If only the Universe At Large operated that way: zero traffic late at night in NYC to start with.

Why aren’t the cops wearing red shirts?

I wonder if the homeless have figured out that you can’t be seen if you’re in a tunnel…

You can move through Manhattan at a good clip at 3:00am. It’s not zero traffic, but you won’t get stuck. Let’s see how he’s doing at 6:00am forward, when everything moves at a crawl or worse.

As for the red shirts, who ever heard of the “Red Wall of Silence”. It doesn’t flow.

Once again, the previews have locked onto the “Jack’s on the case - look out bad guys” vibe. No time stamps this week.

Tarin. I can’t help thinking it should be the name of a spaceship on “Farscape”.

Nice little twist w/ his faked death. Had me fooled. And yeah, Jack should have known the cab would be empty. Duh!!

And there is a poorly dressed, unshaven slob wandering around the crisis center during a national emergency and noone stops him to find out who he is?

I was a little surprised by this as well. The guy’s level of suspicion is also way too high. The women works for the DoD and had an affair with a guy at a bar, I’d have to think that’s a pretty believable story, especially when she cried and begged him to not tell her fiance.

I think that should have made her above suspicion if this was the real world…Can this story please come to an end though?

Even granted that she is now claiming to have had a one-night-stand with the missing parolee and doesn’t want her fiance to find out, Dana is still clearly making herself seem way more suspicious to Parole Officer Joe Bob Javert by not calling his bluff on the whole “I’ll just ask your boss for a few minutes of your time” thing.

“Yes, I slept with the guy, I’m not real proud of that, I’d really rather my fiance doesn’t find out, no, I don’t know where he is. No, look, sorry I can’t be of more help, but I really have to go–we’re in the middle of a major international and domestic security crisis. Oh, talk to my boss? Sure, go right ahead, be my guest. He’ll probably have you tasered for wasting his time, though. Major crisis, imminent terrorist attack on New York City, Hello? Possibly a little bit higher priority than some missing redneck parole-jumper from Arkansas, no? Buh-bye!”

I really like the Parole Officer guy. He’s got who knows how many trump cards ready to play as needed. Maybe Chloe will have a sudden upwelling of compassion for Agent Starbuck and mow the guy down with a machine gun.

Little Rock, Arkansas or Little Rock, CA ?
:slight_smile:

Yes. Because the original plan did not involve doing a dirty bomb in New York. It involved buying nu-kular rods, and getting them discreetly on a boat and on the way back to their own country, to jump start their nuke program. Military bad guy leader changed the plan to “let’s attack the U.S. with these things, since we can’t get them back to our country now”, a few episodes back. Obviously Tarin has been in contact with head military dude in the last several hours, making new plans.

What I want to know is how they got their hands so quickly on an EMP…? or did they bring one with them, “just in case”?

To Kim’s credit, not everything that day was her fault. I mean sure, she got caught in a cougar trap (which is only really a trap for a creature without opposable thumbs), and she got duped by Mountain Man. But the incident that started her on the run wasn’t due to stupidity – it was due to abusive dad beating his wife, roughing up his daughter, and if I recall correctly, making sexual advances on Kim. She was trying to get away from him (smart thing to do), and she was trying to get the kid away from him, to keep the daughter safe.

My thoughts exactly, especially the way Kayla has been pronouncing it.

Oh, he’s just a feller who will pay you 10 dollars if you sing into his can.

Hey guys, for some vintage 24 action, check out this video :slight_smile: