24: Season 8: Episode 6 (9:00pm - 10:00pm)

Yeah! That’s my boy!!!

That guy on the roof top is almost as good as Tony.

Nice. Cole playing backup sniper. :slight_smile:

I wonder if Dana is going to play it straight, or try to lead Douche-Head into a trap.

Tough love from Dad.

:frowning:

Vlad sings:
“Makin’ love…
Makin’ love for two…
Makin’ love for twoooo minutes.
Yeah baby, with me two minutes is all you need, 'cause I’m so intense…”

It’s business time!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the New Tony:

Jack’s Backup.

“Jack Back” for short.

Yep, it was a classic Chloe.

I expect to see the old one by March. Will he be good…or eeeeeeeevil?

Also…will blackmail boy be arrested or killed?

Knowing this show, possibly arrested, then killed. But not before he fucks everything up at some crucial moment. Did I mention Dana’s an idiot?

I’m torn. They’re keeping all the twisting and turning of a Cirque du Soleil performance to a minimum, but now it feels like it’s moving slow. I like that not every episode features a new mole, or another frantic twist. Vlad / Leoben is managing the Jack situation on the fly, and doesn’t have 8 billion contingencies. But dammit, only 3 bad guys died in a unsatisfying manner.

And will someone please tell me why the CTU chief is always hunched over?

Do Russian gangsters wear business socks?

So that at any moment he can hunker down, start cleaning the floor with a toothbrush, and name lots of ways to cook shrimp.
This season definitely has a different pacing and feel than we’re used to. Not sure I like it, but not sure I don’t like it, either. Let’s see how things play out. We definitely need an uptick in Jack kicking ass soon, however.

Hey, it worked for Clark Kent all these years. And he’s almost as superhuman as Jack!

It’s interesting to see you guys complaining about the pacing. I kind of like it. While I’ve always watched it religiously, it was pretty much a parody of itself for the last few seasons. This season is great though. Heck, if we get rid of that stupid side plot with the Blonde and her Ex Boyfriend, the season would be perfect!

I love how Jack is reacting to all of this. A season or two ago, I don’t think he would have cared at all about what Renee was doing to get the job done.
Also is Renee Jack’s potential love interest or the daughter he never had?

tr0psn4j, I’n not complaining; I’m just a little thrown off. You are right, it had become parody, and they are correcting themselves. And maybe they are saving some major ass-kicking for later - less is more, and they may not feel they always have to top themselves. But I miss Jack taking on a unit of heavily armed terrorists with nothing but his Jack Sack and a pistol.

Jack has already acknowledged that his soul is going to hell; he doesn’t want to bring anyone else with him. Better he wield the hacksaw, so Renee’s ticket can be stamped by Saint Peter.

Winston, you take that back. Clark Kent is not almost as superhuman as Jack. Jack Bauer is the Chuck Norris for a younger, saner generation.

Did anyone NOT see the Russian guy offing the sick son coming from a mile away? Oh. I. was. so. shocked. when. he. pointed. the. gun. at. David Anders. and. thought. he’d. shoot. him. NOT. No way are they killing him off before he’s had a chance to do anything interesting.

Why didn’t Renee tell the rapist guy she had AIDS or the clap or something? Or would that just turn him on more? Sicko.

Starbuck’s story is just boring the hell out of me. I’m just wondering if they’re playing to kill off psycho-ex or have him turn out to be connected with the Russians/Nukes/“unnamed middle eastern country” guys, THEN killing him off.

It may sound like I’m overly critical, but don’t get me wrong, I still like the show mostly.

Chloe’s line and then the scene ending with a shot of her butt as she walked away, that was hilarious.

Eleven minutes. Yes, I reran it to time him.

Ladies, could he satisfy you in that time?

Did you account for the time it took him to get dressed again?

Vlad, the impaler?