24: Season 8: Episode 9 (12:00am - 1:00am)

WTF Jenny? She runs to him like he’s her one tru luv? What gives?

Oh, well, at least they’re both dead. Took long enough.

But this gives Dana an opportunity to leave loads of incriminating fingerprints at the scene of a double murder! I’ll bet they won’t have any problems running her prints through their database. (Which reminds me…didn’t they check that when she applied for the job at CTU?)

Had to record and watch later…

Looks like Farhad’s plan just became somebody else’s plan. At least they didn’t try to make this one sound like it was the “plan all along” – they are improvising and trying to find materials for a bomb.

Loved how Jack just walked right up to the guard, smacked him in the throat, used his hand to open the door, then finished him off with the elbow to the face. Sweeeet… That, and of course how he realized they were setting up Renee for the fall, after one sentence from Chloe.

Agent Pubery is leading the team?

Hastings: “Agent Owen has my full confidence.”
Jack: “Yeah… If that were true, you wouldn’t standing here talking to me.”
Dana/Jenny running to dying Kevin isn’t going to make her look any better in Cole’s eyes…

And just what makes you think a Counter Terrorist Unit would run background and fingerprint checks on new employees? That doesn’t make any sense at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

I loved how when Jack said he was back in, he switched the strap on the jack pack from one shoulder to the other. No idea what it means, but it seemed somehow badass.

I’m enjoying Hastings as a character… he’s a bit of a weasel, but not completely, and is obviously conflicted about it. Makes him interesting.

Jack really needs to find a way to render himself invulnerable to Tasers. Tasers are like Jack’s kryptonite.

I think maybe it was like at a graduation ceremony where you move the tassel from one side to the other to signify that you have officially graduated.

I find the idea of Jack being welcomed back into the fold so quickly after assaulting a guard and the lady from “Justice” kind of far-fetched. I wasn’t sorry to see him get tasered.

And do they really not have anybody over the age of 19 to take Cole’s place? They have shown numerous more experienced looking guys running around with guns.

Nah. In one of the first episodes of the season, someone told Cole that Jack Bauer was involved and smarmy drone operator said “Who?” while Cole was practically jumping up and down over the chance to meet him.

Jack is finally considered a legend in the 24verse and that he is better than any other secret agent in the world.

During the Jack/Hastings discussions, you’d think that Justice lady would have been in the background screaming for Jack to be prosecuted too, after he had her by the throat…

Hasn’t he already been incapacitated by taser twice today? Not including the car battery on the open stab wound.

Jack is vulnerable to Tasers. Chloe is a Taser-Master. When they eventually turn on one another, at least it won’t be so one-sided.

Does anyone else cry out “JACK-ATTACK!!” when Jack sneak-disables somebody?

We do it, and boy is it fun. Especially last week, when we got three JACK-ATTACKS!! in a row:

JACK-ELECTRIC-ATTACK!!

JACK-CEILING-ATTACK!!

JACK-UNDERTHETABLE-ATTACK!!
JACK-ATTACK!!™

I thought Kryptonite was Jack’s Kryptonite. I mean, after running around like nothing happened following a knife to the gut - clearly this man is not human.

Last season it was a poisonious virus thingie. This year it’s tasers. He will eventually become immune and there will be another kryptonite next season.

That last one (the torture zap) didn’t incapacitate him – that one just pissed him off.

But yet, he’s been officially tasered by authorities twice today (cop, and CTU guard).

How was Jack tortured with the car battery charger multiple times the previous week, but never passed out… then when he uses his daddy-toe to rend it from his torturer’s hands and zaps him, he blacks out for minutes?

ZAP-ATTACK!!

There was the one season where his Jack-sack was his CTU, right? And here I was thinking the entire messenger bag fad had passed.

The moment he switched over had to be a call back to that. I think it also echoes the CTU Boss’ statement “You are in, and you are in, no more in and out stuff”.

As if we didn’t know Jack was going to be “in” from before Jack was on the phone with Kim as she was going to the airport.

To be fair, Jack did apply the battery charger directly to the guy’s chest. You know – near his heart.

Brother McTerrorhair: We have the nuclear rods!

Other guy: Now to use them!

Brother McTerrorhair: OH NOES WHAT HAVE I DONE!

That was an odd 180 degree turn.