A "Simpsons" episode taken off the air?

Well, of course you’re not going to like New York if all you remember are the pimps and CHUDs.

However, I think they have pulled the episode where Lisa becomes Little Miss Springfield, because of the anti smoking agenda. At least, according to snpp.com.

I’m inclined to think similarly to otto. There’s nothing too upsetting about simply seeing the towers, or seeing the ever-funny Homer interacting with them, but it’s possible the scene where the two office workers argue across the tower (where the line “they stick all the jerks in tower one” is heard) could be taken as disrespectful to those who worked in those towers prior to 9/11.

Just taking it from the Fox network’s view.

Phouchg, good on ya, mate. We wondered this out loud ourselves after the attack. It’s just a cartoon, no malice intended, and funny as all git-out. No reason to do a revisionist edit and pretend the things weren’t there.

I didn’t remember the line that otto and ** TGPhilosopher** mentioned, and that might be a tasteful disinclusion.
I DO remember that Homer got booted and drove the Simpsonmobile all the way back to Springfield with the thing attached. KaTHWACK! KaTHWACK! KaTHWACK! KaTHWACK! KaTHWACK! KaTHWACK!

Phouchg, I’d understand in the interest of privacy if you don’t want to answer this hijack. What city do you FOX in? At least, what general area of the world?

Sionce somebody already mentioned this episode, I’m not thinking of this as a full thread hijack. The Fox in my area recently showed the ep wherein Sideshow Bob threatens the city with a nuke, and as he’s wheeling the bomb away in a wheelbarrow, he’s supposed to hit a rock, tip the bomb onto the ground, get embarassed and pick it back up.

This scene was cut so that it showed Bob laughing with the bomb, then went straight to commercial. What happened? Was it a new fear of showing mishandling of explosives?

Nah. Just your typical syndication cut, happens with a lot of funny scenes.

“Since,” rather. D’oh!

Sort of like how when they re-air the Area Code episode (New Springfield/Olde Springfield) they edit out the line where the radio djs make the Joan Collins joke. (“Seems there’s a mattress out in the middle of the freeway, Bob.” “Is Joan Collins in town?”) Ridiculously enough though, they don’t edit out Moe’s reference to the same joke later one in the episode, making for a misfire.

Kent Brockman: “Thanks to New Springfield, we’re all taking golden showers.” snickering in background “What?”

This whooshed me. What’s up with Joan Collins? Why would they edit out a joke about her?
RR

Just for time reasons - shows in syndication are usually a little shorter than first-runs.

Was for time restraints. Just like the cow can in Miracle on Evergreen Terrace. Editing out its final “moo…” as it melts for time purposes ruins the joke afterwards in which Marge asks “What was that” and Homer makes a noise like “moo…”

I saw that one last week here in SF, and they left both Joan Collins jokes in. Some stations cut more than others. Back in St. Louis, they had the Simpsons at 630, where they butchered it. then they added another simpsons at 600, which they didn’t cut as much. They’d even show the same episodes, a few weeks apart, and it was clear how much more the 630 chopped out.

Hmmm. I have the new/old springfield episode on my Tivo (or I did yesterday, simpsons episodes get low priority, so they tend to get deleted quickly) and they had both Joan Collins jokes in there.

Then again, it wooshed by me the first time, as I didn’t get it.

But I have noticed that most of the syndicated episodes have the “short” intro and not the full one (with Bart at the blackboard and Lisa playing sax) and I was wondering if they switched them to cram in more commercials.