actors/actress who have disappeared from the face of earth ?

Carrie Henn (Newt from Alien 2). Apparently enjoying post-college life right now…

I haven’t seen Mary Miles Minter in anything since Trail of the Lonesome Pine. Wonder what she’s been up to?

William “Officer Obie” Obanhein. Got very good notices playing himself in Alice’s Restaurant, but immediately went back to his day job arresting people for litterin’.

Sarah Holcomb.

Appeared in four movies in a two year period, including both Animal House and Caddyshack, where she played Maggie, Danny’s girlfriend.

Caddyshack was her last role, according to IMDb.

Ms. Christopher Norris, saucy brown-eyed blonde best remembered as Nurse Ripples on Trapper John, MD. Last surfaced on a TV show called Diagnosis Murder in 1998.

Possibly the only woman to believably play the “nerdy girl who’s really hot” in a movie (in both Revenge of the Nerds and Real Genius), Michelle Mayrink stopped acting in 1988 to move to Canada, raise a family, and practice Zen Buddhism full time.

I’m pretty sure he’s working in New York as leader of a small group of highly skilled–some might even say superhuman–government operatives, and dating a cute but absurdly petite oriental chick.

Diane Franklin - I absolutely loved her in Better Off Dead and Last American Virgin. I see on IMDB she’s done some sporadic TV work since her last major film role in 1989, I thought she should have been a huge huge huge star.

Good news: She’s still looks great and she’s back working again.

Glad to hear he’s doing well. But you have to admit, it’s like he dropped out of sight for fifty years.

Here’s the image I was referring to, modern-day Bettie flanked by Pamela and Anna. Totally work-safe as a direct link, but I don’t know what’s on the rest of the site:

Kristin Holby. Played Dan Ackroyd’s snotty girlfriend in “Trading Places.” Two movie roles, and. . . nada.

BTW, I don’t consider people who simply left the business for one reason or another "dropping off the face of the earth. The names I’ve listed are people whose credits end after a certain point, and there’s no biographical info on them after that.

See Black American Writers Past and Present: A Biographical and Bibliographical Dictionary, by Theressa Gunnels Rush, Carol Fairbanks Myers, and Esther Spring Arata. Two volumes. Metuchen, NJ: Scarecrow Press, 1975.

Please. It’s after midnight on a freaking weekend. Spare us the bibliography. :wink:

Gary Smith. He was the black actor (Hitler and Abe Lincoln) in “Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.” Whereabouts unknown.

P.S. Ernest Mayhand is now 90 years old, and lives in Los Angeles.

Cool. Thanks!

She’s pictured with “Pa” Newman, doing their own version of American Gothic, on numerous Newman’s Own products.

Her character’s name was Athena.

Maren Jensen was one of my early adolescent crushes and the only reason I watched the original “Battlestar Galactica.” Unfortunately, she seemed to appear less on the show as the season went on so I often found myself slogging through episode after episode of this cheesy Star Wars-wannabe without getting my weekly Maren fix. :mad:

Anyway, years later I’m reading a snarky review of Reagan-era America called “The Clothes Have No Emperor” by Paul Slansky and see a Maren Jensen listed in the Acknowledgments section. I’m not 100% sure it was the same one but how many other women named Maren Jensen could there be?

As for what happened to Jensen, according to IMDB biography, she stopped acting in the early 80’s after being diagnosed with Epstein-Barr. She also dated Don Henley for a time. I also remember reading at another site that she married and moved to the Midwest.

I usually write the actresses off as Marrying Well and the guys as Real Estate Agents. It’s surprising (or NOT surprising, depending on how much you respect my ESP-fu) how often I’m right. there are some people who realize that acting is a sucky job and there are better jobs out there.