Alan Rickman dies at 69 of cancer

Didn’t he get a late start with acting?

Then there’s this little meme, if you’re not sobbing already.

“We used up three Adams before we figured that out . . .”

I was just going to mention that. He was amazing and I will miss that voice and that diction so badly. Such a shock and sadness.

Yes!

That was the one I was coming here to mention. Most movie fans only know him as a villain, but he was wonderful in this film. Another favorite small role in The January Man, unlike the majority of his work.

Shit. British musician Ian Fraser Kilmister, AKA Lemmy, died at 70 years and 4 days… of cancer.

I still think he was robbed of the Best Supporting Actor nod in the Harry Potter films. He was the perfect blend of fighting for Harry and hating him, while never leaving us quite entirely sure of either. That’s not an easy role to pull off, and he did it flawlessly.

It’s as if my heart has been cut out with a spoon.

RIP.

He was even great in QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER, as a guy who clearly sees himself as being the kind of menacing cattle-baron bad guy he’s read about in dime-store western novels, but who is just as clearly a beer or two away from clapping his hands excitedly at the fanboy-squeal-inducing prospect of watching a real-life no-foolin’ gunslinger get backed into a quick-draw showdown at high noon.

I don’t say he actually claps his hands excitedly while squealing like a fanboy, because any actor could do that. I say he’s keeping it under wraps, which is a cute trick.

He always seemed like a great person & I loved his performances. RIP, Alan. Never met him & I have no idea what he would have thought of me here.

What would he say? “Blucher…? Not that old… military guy…”

Moment of silence for Mr. Rickman on three. I will count to three. There will not be a four.

Fuck no! Dammit this one hurts, I really liked him. :frowning:

Rickman was so good, he made other actors look good, as well. A TV movie, “Something The Lord Made,” starred him, and his co-star–Mos Def–was just as good; if you can find it, it’s well worth the look.

I am not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes when I was reading about it this morning. I am really going to miss him, he was an amazing actor. And damn sexy to boot.

My dream of having an Alan Rickman-voiced GPS is forever gone. :frowning:

David Bowie made me sad but I never was as great a fan of him as I was of Rickman.

Rest in peace…thank you for all of the wonderful entertainment.

In addition to all his great work already mentioned, I really like his role in Love Actually, which I watched once again this holiday season. Such a terrific actor.

Posted with the greatest possible respect:

Benedict Cumberbatch and Jimmy Fallon do competing Rickman impersonations.

Alan Rickman’s response.

This is worse than Bowie, for me; while I recognized his talent, I wasn’t hugely moved by Bowie’s music (except for Space Oddity). But I liked Alan Rickman in just about every role I saw him play. Such a talent, and taken from us far too soon. Damn, got dust in my eye…

Poor Bruce Willis. Acting opposite Rickman in Die Hard must have been like driving a Smartcar while trying to keep pace with a Lotus.

God. Dammit.

Fuck it. I’m sending 2016 back for a refund.

Fuck.