All the CO2 removed from atmosphere

Depending on how much the current CO2 levels contribute to warmth I’m not sure the earth would get warmer. Which reflects more light/energy back into space? Plants or bare dirt after everything dies?

Missed edit window. Cooler, not warmer

Plants have a slightly lower albedo than bare rock on average, and ice has a much higher albedo. So ice on bare rock would be much brighter than a planet covered in vegetation.

Then how do you explain survival in the pure oxygen atmosphere in space suits, or in the Mercury/Gemini programs? Or in hyperbaric chambers? Or other uses of a nitrogen/oxygen mix (no CO2) in low oxygen environments here on earth? And if the CO2 from your breath is enough to counteract the supposed effect, then why wouldn’t it apply in this threads scenario? I’m genuinely curious of this supposed phenomenon and would appreciate a cite if you’ve got one.

Sorry, I’m at a loss for citations. I did a bit of searching on Wikipedia, but no easy citation. I suppose I could conjecture that no one fell asleep during shuttle EVA, the Gemini/Mercury missions. But I don’t know if a trace of CO2 is introduced into oxygen tents. I’d simply been taught that the CO2 in your blood controls your breathing center, and its unsafe to fall asleep in an area with too efficient CO2 scrubbing.

Refer to my posts #19 and #20. As far as I can tell, there will be enough CO2 in your blood even if the outside environment has none.

Granted I was only an EMT but suppression of respiratory rate with oxygen is only a major concern with COPD patients who become more dependent on hypoxic drive to keep them breathing. Hypoxic drive is only about 10% of the total drive to breathe so high oxygen will not suppress your respirations significantly unless you already have malfunctioning CO2 chemoreceptors. Asthmatics would be screwed, but normal healthy folks might slow down a bit but they would not die. If O2 levels start exceeding 40% you will have other problems but elimination of atmospheric CO2 is not going to kill us like that.