All-Time Favorite SNL Skit?

So many great ones already mentioned- but no Samurai Delicatessen? Or Samuri TV Repairman?

Hartman was also very funny as the Anal Retentive Chef/Carpenter/whatever.

I’m not into the recent stuff, but John Goodman was great as Linda Tripp.

Fred Garvin, male prostitute.

I LOVE that one! “Ouch, I’ve been shot!” I was probably 12 years old at the time and my brother and I thought that was one of funniest things we’d ever seen on TV. John David Stutts.

BabaBooey,
Just yesterday, I heard that song and told my husband, I can’t even listen to it anymore without thinking of cowbell and Will Farrell’s unintentional belly shirt. :smiley:

I gotta throw in a vote for the Jim Carrey-hosted sketch for the diet program ‘Ride the Snake’… the exchange between him and Will Ferrell is priceless.

And in a more classic SNL vein, the Weekend Update with Tom Hanks and Dana Carvey playing extra copies of Dennis Miller.

I think I laughed the hardest where Adam Sandler played Michael Keaton’s grandmother, and Chris Farley kept upsetting her while Keaton was making out with his girlfriend in the other room, so he kept beating Farley up.

“I WANT THE BLOO ONE!”

What the hell is that?! No really, I mean it. What the hell is that thing?

Phil Hartman as Charlton Heston reading the book-on-tape version of Madonna’s Sex book. “I like to play with my vagina.”

Kevin Spacey as Christopher Walken auditioning for Han Solo in Star Wars. “She’s the ship that did the Kessel Run… in under 5 pahsecs… she’s fast enough for you… old man.”

My favorite is a lesser known Dana Carvey skit in which he plays Tom Brokaw. The very premise of the skit made me crack up, but Carvey’s execution left me incapacitated for a few minutes.

The idea is that Brokaw wants to go on vacation for several months, so they are pre-recording him doing headlines of stories that MIGHT happen while he’s away. When we the audience begin viewing the session, they are recording headlines for the evetuality that Gerald Ford dies during Brokaw’s vacation. It starts out with fairly plausible things like:

“Former president Gerald Ford died today at age 83.”

Then it gets progressively sillier and sillier:

“Former president Gerald Ford died today from an overdose of crack cocaine.”

And…

Former president Gerald Ford was eaten by wolves today… Now come on, how likely is that?!"

Every line was sillier than the last and I was a goner after after only a minute or so. Terrific premise with a killer Brokaw impression by Carvey.

My favorite skit is the one with Hercules (who was out of shape at the time), having to lift a boulder to pass a test.

Gilda Radner as Lucy, being interviewed be Baba Wawa.

Gilda Rader as a “Connie Frances type” washed up singer selling a greatest hits album on an infomercial.

John Belushi as Eliabeth Taylor, being interviewed by Bill Murray, while choking on a chicken bone.

Garrett Morris, as Diana Ross, being interviewed by Bill Murray. “Caveat Honky”

The whole send up of Three Mile Island. Garret Morris as a clean up lady.

Dan Akroyd as Nixon, in “The Final Days”

Eddie Murphy in Mr. Robinsons nieghborhood.

Eddie Murphy as Little Richard Simmons.

Came to think of it, just about anything he (Murphy) did.

Coffee Chat? – Mike Myers, Roseanne, Madanna, and Barbra Sreisand.

I love the You Win a Dollar! gameshow sketch with Brad Hall. It’s freaking hilarious.

“Final Question: What color am I thinking of?”

“Ummm, Yellow?”

“Ooooohh, sorry! It was more of an off-yellow.”

A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned. But what about Samurai Divorce Court, or Samurai Big Man on Campus?

Then there was Dan Ackroyd and Larraine Newman as Sigmund Freud and his young daughter Anna. “Well, Anna, sometimes a banana is just a banana.”

I can’t say it’s my favorite, there’s been so many, but the first one that came to mind was the one with Nicolas Cage and Julia Sweeney, where they are trying to think of a name for the kid she’s about to give birth to. Cage keeps rejecting names because of ways other kids could make fun of them, making really big stretches to turn names into insults.

Then at the end of the sketch, there’s a knock at the door: “Telegram for Asswipe Smith!” Cage then says, “It’s pronounced 'Azz-weepay!”

For years, I called people Azzweepay.

Theodoric of York, Medieval Barber/Judge

And an Eddie Murphy sketch I only saw once where he is hired to take care of two old people. “What time is it? I want a jelly donut.” Anyone else remember that one?

Who can forget Jim Belushi taking the piss out of Joe Cocker while Cocker is on stage singing? Pretty damn funny!

All-time favorite? Too hard to pick just one. I really like “Moa COWBELL!”, “Robot Insurance” (I swear you can see Waterson almost bust up) and “Perhaps I can lift a smaller rock instead”. “Ride the Snake” is the only thing I’ve seen Jim Carey do that was even close to funny.

Come on…the absolute classic is Alec Baldwin and his sweaty balls.

It is the high point of Christmas comedy to see that skit again!

It was Asswipe Johnson. (one of the benefits of having Johnson as a last name are the Asswipe Johnson jokes)
I can’t think of a sketch that’s made me laugh harder than the CBS Evening Anthrax Report:

“This just in, and it is a big one. Carl, get off the phone, Mabel, get into the kitchen ,you’re gonna want to hear this. CBS News is now projecting that Walter Cronkite has… scurvy.”

“CBS News now projects that over at NBC, the entire cast of “Friends” has head lice.”

Another vote for Star Wars camera tests, Lord and Lady Douchebag, and many product spoofs.

Rich Hall’s deadpan spoof of David Byrne in Talking Heads’ video for “Once In a Lifetime”.

The “beans diner” skit. Anybody else remember that one?

And, last but not least, Mick impersonating Keith.

How about Heather Locklear as a racist infomercial pitch person: “You couldn’t get it cheeper from a drunken indian!”

Steve Martin as Socrates. “Hemlock is poison?!??”

The “Jarod’s Room” sketch with Phish and Al Gore: “Dude! Chuck Norris ran into me with his van!”

I’m gonna name a few from the “lost season” of Anthony Michael Hall and Randy Quaid, because no one else will.

One of the best gameshows SNL ever did was “You Bet Your Finger!”. Thing was, the little guillotine kept malfunctioning and cutting off the guy’s finger before a question was even asked. They kept calling out the repairman (“What do you think the problem is, Brian?” “Looks like gravity, Bob.”). Finally, he got it fixed. And when a question finally was asked, the host misheard the answer and cut off the guy’s finger anyway. “Judges? He did? Oh, sorry! My faux pas!”

From the very same show, the serious issue-oriented talk show, “You Can Pick Your Friends, You Can Pick Your Nose, But You Can’t Pick Your Friends’ Noses”. Jon Lovitz hosted the show, and he tried to run a serious discussion about the American criminal justice system, but his guests (who were old friends) kept stealthily trying to pick each others’ noses.

“That’s all she wrote because we have reached…The Limits Of The Imagination!!!