Alton Brown....mmmm

(bolding mine)

Dude, don’t go down that path. She’s like crack. After you get a couple of really good hits you’re never gonna be able tom get her out of your head.

It was all I could do not to molest him when I met at a book signing last year. I do loves me some Alton.

And I noticed swampy mentioned the real dish, Tyler Florence. I have mixed feelings about him. He’s dreamy; but looks exactly like one of my cousins who is younger than my little brother so there’s that mental dissonance.

I just *so *don’t get it. Alton Brown is the single most annoying life form ever to make me want to smash my TV with a sledgehammer. I’d rather spend a weekend in a sealed room with Urkel and Screech and Bill O’Reilly than watch 5 minutes of Good Eats. If I accidentally catch a second of him on the TV, I have to make a panicked fumble for the remote to just MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP PLEASE GOD MAKE IT STOP before my system shuts down and I vomit myself to death or drive knitting needles deep into my brain through the eye sockets. It’s a serious health issue for me.

What you do you know, you like Showgirls
:stuck_out_tongue:
:smiley:

You’re a fellow Knitter so I will let this slide. Besides…more for the rest of us! :smiley:

I like him too, but I’m a sucker for a smartass, which makes me more of a Tony Bourdain girl. Come to think of it, he’d make an excellent Doper, doncha think?

I’m on the “I loves me some AB” bandwagon. Mmm he’s sooo…sooo…dreamy sigh yummy.

I’m also falling for George Duran…Ham on the Street. I just adore him.

For just about ever major component of human society you’ll find someone who studies it. There are anthropologist who do in-depth studies of the foods people eat, why they eat it, how many calories it provids, how nutritional it is, etc. There’s even a Nutritional Anthropologist publication somewhere out there.

Marc

De Laurentis is a stone fox robobabe. I used to think Rachel was cute but it wore off.

Alton’s got my favorite show though.

I once had a fairly naughty dream about Alton Brown, which surprised me. I knew I liked him, but I didn’t know I LIKED him. I shouldn’t be too surprised though; I can get turned on just looking at a well-stocked gourmet grocery store or the selection of fine cooking equipment at a place like Bed, Bath & Beyond. Good Eats is one of the best and most useful shows on TV, as far as I’m concerned.

I’m not much into fluff pieces, so I like an educational cooking show. Good Eats is really pretty educational ad witty enough to not be like a boring cooking lecture.

I always like David Rosengarten’s show in the old days, another educational cook that provided some interesting discourse along with his recipes.

Having said all that, Giada could make a bowl of Wheaties and I’d be all over it…

Ivylad pretends not to like it, but Alton was heating a skillet on the stove and he pointed a hair-dryer looking thing at it and it gave him a digital readout on how hot the skillet was.

Ivylad sat up, went “Oooh…what was that!” He’s also drooled a bit over the electric skillets and the mixers.

So he’s a closet AB lover. :wink:

I’m gonna have to disagree with you. The Good Eats Fan Page, http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/, which is considered a primary authority on this stuff, says that the current house is owned by the production company, but the past kitchens belonged to either the old production company or part of the Good Eats crew.

The shots from inside the cabinet or fridge wouldn’t be that hard to do with a camera mounted on the back wall, since they don’t move during those shots.

If I was going to go gay, it’d be for Alton.

Also, I’ve been snickering all day over this exchange from Paula Deen’s show, and this seems a good place to mention it:

Audience: “Paula, what’s your favorite seasoning?”
Paula: “Butter.”

Yeah, I’d do 'im. :wink:

I heart AB. Bad.

Tyler is – and I never thought the words would come out of this fag hag’s keyboard – too gay for me. :eek: He’s a cutie, but AB’s my man.

So Good Eats is his regular show or what? I keep hearing about the wonderfulness that is Alton Brown, but I keep missing him. When is his regular show on?

I like AB a lot, but my heart belongs to Jamie Oliver. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

No, you’re not alone. In fact, back off. Everyone back off.
I called dibs on him ages ago.

I was with you up till Eminem. Alton, yes. Vincent D’Onofrio, oh, yes.
Eminem, no.

I do technical work at a dot-com, and I recently made a scrumptiously delicious meat loaf with ground duck meat, fresh mango, ginger, yogurt, and crushed chow mein noodles.

So… how you doin’?