Am I right to be angry?

Disclaimer: this isn’t legal advice, just my biased (but informed) opinion. Also, I don’t know what your custody arrangement is, so I couldn’t give you advice if I wanted to. I don’t represent you.

I’m not a big proponent of custody battles. The presumption in favor of joint custody is so strong that usually, in my experience, a big expensive fight ensues with the child in the middle, but nothing changes.

Nevertheless, it is worth it to keep a journal documenting every instance of child neglect on the part of your husband’s ex. Hopefully, you will never reach the point where you feel you have to use it in a legal action. But, if you do, it’s something you will want to have.

Best wishes.

Mraid, I’m not gonna be as nice as others here have been. I think you better watch what you’re doing here.

Not knowing any of you, my first thought was that this poor guy is caught between the ex-bitch and the current one! [And let’s not even talk about the poor child caught in the middle!]

Your behavior is starting to sound just about the same as hers (minus the drugs & sleeping around, I guess).

You hate her, just like she hates you.
You try to keep your husband away from her, just like she tries to get him to pay attention to her and the child.

You all thought his child might have been hurt in an accident, and you expected him to sit at home waiting for some hospital clerk to get around to calling you back, rather than rushing to the hospital that was only 10 minutes away? Sorry, fathers drop everything when their child might be hurt. (Am I right in thinking you do not have a child?)

You’re upset because he spent 90 minutes at the hospital with the injured mother of his child, when you wanted him home so you could yell at him? If that’s what he gets when he comes home, how long will he keep coming home to you?

And you’re angry because the ex-wife called from the hospital, presumably angry at her, but you’re going to take it out on him?

I think you should deal with your anger & jealousy toward her, before it poisons your relationship with your husband and sends him packing.

Well, given that it is possible that you guys may be asked to care for the child if the mother is too incapacitated, or maybe take custody if she died I can see why they called your husband.