American Idol 2/28 Go Bo

Bolding mine.

I would guess he’d be very near the bottom, since he was voted off last week. :wink: I suppose you mean Joseph? I admit that I like him more as eye candy than as serious talent. But I think his performance was better than Constantine’s or David’s. I have to disagree with you about Travis. I think he is a really solid performer, even if he doesn’t have the best voice. I also think Savol is only ok, not one of the top 3 for me.

Re: Constantine’s poseurdom? I wholeheartedly agree. He’s the guy that always has to brag to make himself look better than his friends.

I like Anwar and Nikko still. I’m “meh” about Bo. I hate Constantine so much. How much would I have to pay the powers that be to magically “disappear” Constantine?

Constantine must gooooooooooo. Far awaaaaaaaaaay. I’m thinking it’s him and David for next week. Possibly Joseph Murena (who is from LI - who knew?).

I was unimpressed with Bo last week but he simply kicked ass tonight!

If Travis could coast on looks, he’d win in a second. Adorable! But meh on everything else.

Anwar, well…I didn’t like him as much as I did last week. Poor song choice, I think. My dad was troubled by the desert camo outfit, heh.

I like Mario, but like the judges I want more from him, Nikko is still good to me, Scott still creeps me out, Anthony did better but I’m sorta meh about him.

Yes, I meant Joseph. Thank you. I just think he’s very boring.

I think Travis is likable enough but just not a good enough singer to go very deep. It’s a strong field of males, this year.

Reading my notes back I remember how much I sucked at note-taking during lectures, maybe I shoulda put this handwriting to good use and been a doctor, oy!

Mario~ Nice, umm, hat? Fishing net? What was that thing on his head? I didn’t like the song choice, was the title “I love music” maybe? Gee, who in this competition doesn’t? Sorta high-schooly, but good upbeat performance.

Anwar~ Dude, that was way too happy for Marvin’s lyrics. How ya gonna be all dancing and smiling and asking what’s going on?! I’m still not getting this guy.

Joe~ wooh! c’mon! wooh! Apparently he took last week’s judges comments very seriously, they said he was too bland or sedate or something, so he’s woohing and c’monning all over the place. Good job working the crowd, love his puppy-dog eyes and he did improve from last week, although his bow-legged stance made me giggle.

David~ First, honey please, stop wearing a headband. You’re sporting a braided bob anyway, but the clip with the headband, come awhn! Very bland performance.

Constantine~ Shall henceforth be referred to as Smirk-boy. Totally jumping on Bo’s energy from last week, too bad he looks like a smarmy fan-boy doing it. “Look, I wear leather, I’m tough!” He was sharp, flat, screamy, just awful.

Scott~ I have a hard time seeing thuglite as an image improvement, but since he had a big fat nothing going on for a ‘look’ before, even this is better. Interesting song choice, not actually upbeat, not a ballad, no real range, but maybe he was showing off his vocal command/control? I dunno what to think of this performance.

Travis~ Yay, how fun!! I don’t even know if he went off-pitch, I was too oogling him. :smiley:

Anthony~ First time I noticed the scar, actually. He started out sorta weak, I was thinking he was too young to try a rock anthem vibe, but he pulled it together. Better than last week.

Bo~ Looks like someone got to him with some hair product, whee! Less fuzzy hair that’s still swingy and head-bangable is a good thing. He did amazingly well on a very gutsy song choice, but…this is American Idol man…I’m not sure what he’s doing on here. I really like him, but this isn’t a rocker contest and I feel like I don’t wanna let myself get emotionally invested when he’s going to flunk out when theme nights start happening.

I don’t really have a favorite quite yet, but I have to say I’m really impressed at the stage presence most of these people have compared to previous years. They used to look like they were facing a firing squad - these guys look like they love this and they’re having a blast.

Makes it more interesting, anyway.

Amen - I hate him with the fire of 1,000 burning suns. I can’t wait until he’s off the show. :smiley:

I thought David, Joseph and Constantine were in the bottom. I wouldn’t be sad to see Constantine go.

I thought Joseph and Anthony were the worst.

Bo Bice can strap me to the whipping post. :eek: :smiley: Bo Bice. Bon Jovi. Bo Bice. Bon Jovi. Good rock names!

1. Mario: I already said I won’t comment on this guy. Well, I’ll say one thing: He could win. I don’t like him, but he could win.

2. Anwar: Singing was great again. But that is not a lighthearted song, and should not be performed as such.

3. Joe: I thought he sounded like a '70s lounge singer. Then Simon said virtually the same thing.

4. David: …zzzzzzz… He’s gone.

5. Constantine: This was the first time I noticed that the band sucked. However, he could have been backed by Led Zep in their prime and it wouldn’t have helped any. He wasn’t even as good as Chris Robinson, and Robinson was not all that. I said to Mr. Rilch, “I’ve heard bar band singers that were better.” Then Simon said he could find a bar band singer as good as Constantine, and he wouldn’t like him either. This is getting eerie.

6. Scott: He’s good; quite good. I can recognize this, but I just can’t feel it.

7. Travis: Good; not great, but I liked his moves. And last week, I said the judges might have been hearing something different when Travis sang from what we heard at home. Now Simon says he reviewed Travis’ performance and changed his opinion. What is happening?

8. Nikko: All RIGHT! He brought his A game tonight! Looked great, too.

9. Anthony: Not as good as last week, and this is another lament turned into cotton candy! Reinterpreting the song does not mean having an attitude that’s at odds with the lyrics. Which brings us to…

10. Bo: Did the band suddenly become good, or is he just that good? Amazing. And another agreement with Simon: we’re not even in the finals, and he’s already the breakout star. I only hope he won’t get kneecapped by a theme night like “Neil Diamond Night” or something. And oh my word is he gorgeous.

I thought the judges were saying that Simon looked like Whitney. I heard his name, anyway.

Prediction: David and Joe out.

I’ll swim upstream and say i didn’t think Anwar is as good as most of the rest of you think. His voice doesn’t seem as strong.
Scott was good, he did it like Luther but that song isn’t a great song to do and that hurt him.
that was the first time i saw Joe Murena(?), and i thought he was good, but that song made him sound like a lounge singer, and way too many “c’mon’s”. Poor song choice, he didn’t make it his own… :stuck_out_tongue:
I liked the first guy and a couple othes, can’t remember their names.

Maybe, but I’m wondering whether people aren’t ready for something different. And after 20 years of boy-band voices and characters, maybe fans are beginning to look for more substance to their music and their musicians.

Bo rocks my socks. That is all.
Squeeeeeeeee!!

Oh, and Anthony? Looks like Doogie Howser.

I’ll second that squeeeee!!!

I liked Bo, Scott, and Nikko best last night. Anwar, who I usually love, was just “meh.” Joseph, Anthony, and David could all go home tomorrow and it wouldn’t hurt my feelings. Constantine absolutely must go this week. But any of those other three can go with him and I’d be happy.

May I please keep Travis for just a little while longer? He’s my eye candy. I need him!

I know this is unfair, but American Idol is not a place where I would expect to see Scott. Here are some of the places I WOULD expect to see someone like him.

1. At a gas station in the deep south. Bare feet and greasy hands.
2.  A mug shot on TV for some dark crime.

3.   A mall security guard.

He just doesn’t look the part…and I think that will bite him in the end.

Bo’s performance very nearly put tears in my eyes. He just totally put it on the line, said “F*ck it. I’m going to sing what I WANT to sing, not what they think I should sing”. I’m thinking he’ll end up doing a real rock/bluesy type of CD, and I’m ready to buy it.

Mario has a lot of style but he just SCREAMS boy band to me.

Constantine is popular because he’s different from the usual AI contestant, but hopefully the girlies won’t keep voting for him because he’s cute.

Lordy lordy do I want someone to completely belt out a Freddie Mercury song one of these days and just blow everyone out of the water.

Obviously the “image consultants” had a heavy hand in this week’s contestants, but they didn’t always match up the right style with each person. Poor Scott looked so out of place in those dopey glasses and pink shirt. You could tell Bo would rather have been rocking that stage in his torn jeans and flannel. Someone needs to slut Anthony up a bit, he’s just too white-bread for my taste overall.

Sorry for posting again so soon but I forgot Mario. The hat was … well, interesting. Distracted from his performance, IMO.

What I really want to know is, does he remind anyone else of Jai from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?

Wasn’t he wearing shredded jeans? Incidentally, I hated his hair last night.