And I looked, and behold a clueless horse: and his name that sat on him was Asshat

Nope. You’d need it in about 12 different languages plus Braille. And don’t forget detailed pics for the illiterates.

What I don’t understand is how anyone who has decided to plow a trail of their own free will could even succesfully sue? Sue whom? Can’t people take responsibility for their own actions these days?

I am concerned about your preoccupation with posting. Given your stated issue with Otto, I wonder if we might reach an amicable end:

1. Otto stops posting about your dick;
  2. you stop posting.

No, I’m not “asserting that this precedent…all possibility of suit…”

I am saying that making a decision about an individual clearing a trail for his own benefit (and the benefit of others) should not be made based on the possibility of a lawsuit. Particularly when clearing the trial provides more and better use of the trail by the public.

I am also saying that lawyers are for providing advice not making policy. Their advice should be considered, not relied upon for direction.

Damn, now I got a moron who wants to “mediate” an issue about my dick.

A most excellent solution. I second the motion.

I would just like to point out for the final time that I did not post about county’s dick. I posted calling county a dick. The only thing I think about in relation to county’s dick is upon reading his posts a momentary hope that it doesn’t work, thus protecting the gene pool and future generations from having to endure the idiocy of his descendents. If county gets off on the idea of my thinking about his tallywhacker, let him have at it; it matters to me not at all.

Quite frankly, Otto, if it gets county to stop posting I’d be willing to post “county is an intelligent person”.

It bears at least as much merit as any county post I can recall.

The issue of county’s dick aside for the moment, I’m reading this issue as other people suing the state because they had a false expectation of the path being cleared because a fellow citizen was taking it upon himself to clear it. I would like to think of this as a stupid issue, but every time I drive across a bridge in my city and see a sign reading “Danger! Do not jump over handrail!” I realize this kind of thinking is pandemic.

My OP was a vent at those who file suits without merit, a condition all too prevalent nowadays.

Common sense has fallen by the wayside, and we have allowed this abrogation. Sadly, I don’t have a prescription by which we may take back the keys.

*They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin

county, nobody cares about your dick. Nor does anyone wish to bite you. You may now quit posting on those two subjects. You WILL quit posting on those two subjects. If you wish, you may also quit posting on other subjects, but your dick and your desire to have people bite you are now off limit subjects for you.

Lynn
For the Straight Dope