Are there any radio stations playing all-Christmas music in your area this year?

The ‘classic rock’ station here rolled over and is holly jolly f’ing Christmas 24/7 as of last week. I don’t know why that one, the ‘soft rock/easy listening’ stations are still droning on as usual.

B101 in Philadelphia does it every year, and they pump it into several of my workstations. Ugh.

magic 94.9 in the tampa bay area has been all christmas for a couple of weeks now. they used to start working the christmas music in every few songs after thanksgiving, i’m not sure when they started this. i remember back in the day when they did all christmas music on christmas eve only.

Last night I switched over to the radio and found that the station that does it every year–a pop-rock station–has made the switch. I’m not sure exactly when it happened but I’m pretty sure it was still normal about 4 days ago. It’s horrible. I just stop listening to it until January. Last year they started really early but I guess they toned it down a little this time.

Nashville has at least one. I stop listening to the radio for a month and a half.

StG

From what I’ve heard around the dial, November 18 seemed to be D-Day for starting Christmas music on a lot of stations. I think even Sirius/XM (which devotes like, four or five channels to all holiday tunes) started that day.

Although that’s still better than kicking off the 24-hour Christmas music at the beginning of November, which used to happen around here on a couple of stations. They’ve finally realized that was really stupid, however.

I used to be a radio DJ years ago. I remember the system we’d use … work in a holiday tune every few hours as you get into December, and then gradually increase the frequency so you might be playing one every hour by Christmas Eve. We never, NEVER considered the possibility of going all-Christmas, all-the-time. I can’t imagine where that notion even came from.

One of the pop/light rock stations here went all Christmas Friday. I’m fully expecting the other one to do so this week. :frowning: One year there were at least four stations here playing all Christmas all the time, and a couple of them started November 1st. That was a bad year…

We generally listen to Sirius/XM (and really miss the XM programming). Holly has already started. I think Holiday Pops and Holiday Classics start up in December, as does Radio Hanukkah.

In Toronto we’ve already got 2 stations started with Xmas, CHFI 98.1 and K-Lite 102.9 (Hamilton).

Lite 101.9 switched over a couple of days ago. I turned it on Sunday, and there it was. “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.”
:rolleyes:

I count 3 of the stations programmed in my car that have switched to 24/7 Christmas music. I assume there may be more, I just don’t listen to them. The first one switched about 2-3 weeks ago.

I have removed them from my car stereo until next year because of this.

The Wave 94.7 in Los Angeles is the new Christmas music station here. I have to admit that after a couple of drinks it sounds warm and comforting.

Seems like every goddamned one of them by late December.

That sounds like something that would go over pretty well in America’s retail world. I will not be at all surprised if 10 years from now, we’re supposed to be celebrating “the holiday season” well into February.

94.5 FM WWSW in Pittsburgh.

Yes, two FM stations in Cleveland, both the week before Thanksgiving - too damn early, say I! Bah, humbug!

KOST 103.5 went all-Christmas as of last week. So now there are two all-Christmas stations in the greater L.A. area. Unfortunately, I don’t get The Wave on my radio at work, so it’s either KROQ or my iPod till January unless I want to be subjected to Celine Dion or some other Christmas glurge.

On the way up to Moms on Thanksgiving I found only one station playing Christmas music. I remember from 2003 finding several (Dad was in the hospital and that was the last time I saw him alive, which is why I remember it clearly.)

On the way home at 3 AM the next day I found many station playing Christmas music.