Armed protesters stalk peaceful Muslims at Texas mosque: We want to show force

Religion is not a “race.” Unless I missed the memo that explained how “racist” is the word to use to demonize anyone you disagree with over any factor. Dislike a religion? Racist! Dislike an ideology, unless that ideology is conservatism? Racist! Dislike tomatoes? Racist!

I think it’s also “We love ISIS so much we will terrorize people on their orders”

Oh, well that’s very different then. This makes the actions of this armed mob perfectly acceptable then. It’s OK to hate all Muslims then. Gotcha.

OT: Why are a lot of people so afraid of being called racists and not being racist per se?

So obviously you have no problem with what these redneck cowardly fucks are doing? Conservatives seem to paint all Muslims with the same brush, just ask your leading Presidential candidate. May as well call it a race thing, since they all look alike to you.

I don’t think it’s cowardly. It’s reactionary as hell, yes, but too many people are scared sh|tless of Muslims, even the devout, peaceful kind. They’re just sending a message others are too afraid to send. The fact that they’re focusing their ire on solid, peaceful citizens is bad, but real terrorists don’t leave mailing addresses.

No, octopus is objecting to calling them racists when race has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

What’s the term for somebody who discriminates on the basis of religion?

Brandishing weapons and wearing face masks at a place of worship. I would add bullying to the cowardly.

Objectionable in a lot of ways, surely. But when they start sending those same Muslims to internment camps for the duration of this “war on terror,” that’s when I’ll start siding with them.

“Bigot” is the general term, and works well in the case of religion.

Which “them”? :slight_smile:

Is English your first language?

But the word I’d use is intolerant. Which ironically is quite common on these very boards towards an ideology that scares the majority on here.

I thought it was clear: the Texas mosque-goers. :smack:

“The god-damned Russians got nothing to do with this!!!”

So for now you’re still “siding with” the “objectionable” masked gunmen, over the innocent Americans they’re targeting?

Armed intimidation is terrorism. Any debate about whichever other “ism” may also apply is beside the point.

Uh… yeah?

Why do you hate America?

I’m not American and I don’t hate it.

I wouldn’t be surprised that many of those armed protesters would look at the Baha’i temple and consider it a mosque. Nor would I be surprised if they have the same reaction to the Hindu temple.