Ask the American Teen

Please list all the new slang words you use. Do not include ones which your generation didn’t invent, such as “cool”.

Thank you.

oh, and provide definitions. :rolleyes:

Although i think the tope 10 guys attracted a lot of girls. the top 10% popular guys only get about 10% of the girls. They get half the popular girls (the other 5% are the ones who actually live up to their discustingly wholessome images) maybe this is just in the bible belt though. the rest are the same sluts that every guy in school sleeps with. well not me at least. I was never interested with either of those groups. Man you guys go to crazy parties. I cant understand why any girl would do that, especially in jr high. Jr. High kids sex life should be about holding hands and looking at the penthouses they find between their older brothers bed and boxspring.

Well, I’d have to say personally that the overall reason of my life would be to live it to the fullest. Does that answer that question?

obviously we can’t all be perfect. I think it means to at least try to do right (whatever you may see that as).

It doesn’t. I feel that I am an average American teenager. i realize that viewpoints are varied, however, I think that my friends and i are a sample of the population.

I try to keep an open mind on every subject. But in my conciounce, are the morals and rules I live by. What I think is right and wrong. For me personally these seldomly change, except with Mary Jane! I’ve seen it change more readily with friends. So no, I’m not frustrated, because it changes when the need arises.

Do I believe in God? Yes, i’d like to think that he exists, however I think that organized religion is a sham. Its a damn joke. God would be a supreme being.

The answer to all of those questions would be no, it hasn’t changed. The party, beer and drug thing has drastically risen though.

[/QUOTE]

I’m a little past being a teenager now, but I am a student at a women’s college so most of the people I know are young women between the ages of 17 and 22. As best as I can tell from talking with my peers, many sexually active teenaged girls do not have orgasms. Many do not even particularly enjoy sex.

Why is this? Well, as one friend of mine said about her own high school sexual experiences, “With guys that age, they’re so excited to be having sex that they’re finished practically as soon as you touch them.” Not very satisfying for the young woman involved.

With girls like the one you describe above, they probably do not even expect to enjoy sex. Young women who do have sex for the pleasure of the act are rarely “extremely promiscuous”. They might have sex frequently, but usually not with many different partners. I think that girls who have sex with many different partners almost always do so because of some sort of self-esteem issue. They don’t know of any better way to get attention and affection from others than by agreeing to have sex with them. This is a situation unlikely to lead to mutually pleasureable sex.

Lamia wrote:

<raises eyebrows>

This almost makes a good case for getting rid of those laws against allowing adults to have sex with teen-agers.

I doubt many teenaged boys would think so. There aren’t a lot of adult women who would want to sleep with them, and they’ve already got enough trouble getting action from girls in their own age group. :wink:

Well women do hit their sexual peak like 5 years after men lose it:)