Ask the girl who just got her first epliator!

I would think so - this tends to happen to me too as I have the same situation, and I find I have to really switch up on the angles I run the epilator across the knee at, but eventually get it covered. I do it on a bent knee to stretch the skin more taut, so that the hair doesn’t just yank and break due to the “give” in the skin. I also pull gently on the skin on the thighs to make sure it’s taut, which seems to help there too.

I have been using epilators for years. I have the most sensitive skin you’ll ever find, and it hurt a lot at first. But remember the first time you ever tweezed your eyebrows? Made you cry, didn’t it? But it doesn’t hurt at all any more. I don’t shave because shaving cream makes me break out. With an epilator I don’t even have to look at what I’m doing – just sit on a towel on the bed and read.

I use it at least every other day. When they say it’ll last a week, they’re kidding. That would be if every hair on your legs is exactly the same length and grows at exactly the same rate. Which it isn’t and doesn’t.

Hah! I recently ordered the exact same one and it arrived yesterday. I wanted to get away from shaving since I’m on warfarin, and the epilator showed up when I was searching for electric razors. The overwhelmingly positive reviews convinced me to give it a try. I busted it out last night to try it out on my lower legs, and I’ve gotta say I’m very happy with the results. It was very easy to swap out the epilator and electric razor heads, too (I had to trim the hair down, since I haven’t shaved my legs at all since my PE about a month and a half ago).

I’ve thought about doing that, because I have a real tendencey to get ingrown hairs there when I shave. Do you mind sharing about how much the whole thing cost?

Kind of… except you’re having multiple hairs tweezed at once. Passing the epilator over skin that’s clear of hair = painless. Passing it over a patch with a lot of hair = ouch, but only for a moment. And from everything I’ve heard (and with my experience plucking eyebrows), the more you do it, the less it will hurt. (Not to mention, if you keep it up, you’ll be plucking fewer hairs during “maintenance” uses than the very first time.)

Do tell, if you don’t mind. How much did it cost, and how “much” did you do?