Ask the Guy who has become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds

so, uh… what do you do on your day off? Any hobbies?

Should I be afraid that Death’s username is awfully similar to mine? Cuz to be honest, it’s got me a little spooked…:dubious:

So, what’s with the “AM”, as in “I am become”. That doesn’t make any sense! I mean, it’s like a NOFX lyric. It sounds like you translated it from a french poem and it’s supposed to rhyme with something. Or rap. Do you like rap? What was the line before “I am”? Something about Ham? I mean, you want to instill a certain sense of dread, and you’re going to have to cut through a good number of people in your path who will just be standing there, confused, when you say “I am become death”, instead of scattering like chickens. I would imagine that mowing down persons with a scythe is much easier when they’re running away from you; groups of people milling around critiquing your sentence structure make for difficult reaping.

If you had a spouse, what would her (his?) formal title be?

Do you get a lot of backtalk while carrying out your duties?

What are the hours like? Is it 9-5, or do you just have to go whenever your pager beeps?

Who’s on the committee?

How do you keep your scythe sharp? is there a scythe-sharpening service you could recommend?

We need proactive people. Can you provide an example of when you did something proactive?

Ingenuity is a big factor here. What kind of original solutions can you provide?

What kind of toothpaste do you use, if any?

Is there a Ms. Death? If not, why not?

How’s job security in your field?

When did Dr. Oppenheimer retire?

Ah Pook, a 1920’s style death-god.

What time does your mommy tuck you into bed? And what’s the name of your imaginary friend?

Do you have a sidekick? A dumb young comical sidekick, or a wise old comical sidekick?

Why don’t you put Pale out to pasture and ride Binky?

Have advances in safety and medicine hurt your business? Have you been forced to lay off any underlings? What are the severance/unemployment benefits like?

Hmmmm.

Pardon my impiety, however…isn’t the phrase supposed to be “I am created Shiva, the Destroyer! Death, Shatterer of Worlds!”

Or do I misremember? You might want to consider it, though, cause it just rings.

Oh yeah, GIGObuster, the dwarf that Shiva stands on is named Ignorance, AFAIK. I haven’t heard the story yet, so I can’t summarize for you, sorry. Other than of course, Shiva destroys Ignorance as part of his job as well.

Mr. Death, would you like a cat?
:smiley:

hands Death a tissue, can’t have a Destroyer with a runny nose

So what. With me around, even you can die.

Have you come about the reaping?

Do you prefer to be called Death, Mr. Death, the Grim Reaper or something else?

Do you like bunnies?

You know, Death is supposed to be fair and impartial…
but I’ve got a little list,
of society offenders,
that would never be missed,
that would never be missed. :wink: Identify the poet & win absolutely nothing.

Soooooo… as an inducement…how does five whole dollars grab ya?

Koko… Or rather Gilbert with or without Sullivan. I forget which one wrote the lyrics…
Only opera/operetta? I have ever read.

Do I get an Omaha for guessing right?:wink:

Satisfying Andy Licious, who in the name of Mahakala do you think you are impersonating ME?! I am Shiva, the Mahalinga, the Mahayogi, Ishvara, Rudra, the Great and Sacred Pranava. I am Maheshvara, Mahadeva, Parameshthin. I am the tree eyed lord of all that is; the Creator, Preserer, AND DESTROYER! Yet you, a mere mortal has the gaul to assume MY title!

We shall have to arm-wrestle for it.

Is being DtDoW on the tenure track? What are the publication requirements?