Ask The Underwear Sales Girl!

(I know I’m not the Underwear Sales Girl, but see a few posts above for my qualifications in the big boobed department ;)). Personally, I don’t mind this. Thin padding prevents my nips from showing, even if they’re on high-beam mode. And push ups? I like that it helps defy gravity. Having my G cup boobs, they are a bit :: cough :: on the not-so-perky side without bras. I have some push up bras that make my boobs look amazing, if I do say so myself. :wink:

Yes, but what about… ahem… spillage? I feel like an overflowing coffee cup in one of those things. Dog Forbid my shoe becomes untied.

Okay, so never mind the cup size. What’s the largest NUMBER size VS carries? Mostly it’s 36 or maybe 38, isn’t it?

Why are there underwires in so many bras? I mean, I’m a B cup. I don’t need an underwire.

Has any man ever come in and admitted he was buying the undies for himself (or his boyfriend/male SO/whatever) to wear?

I refuse to believe anyone would ever ignore the small ribcaged, big boobed women. Perhaps this one needs cite? :wink:

What is the correct way to measure for bra size?

Sometimes I like to wear the gold lamé lycra g-string because, even though no one can see it, it makes me feel prettier, and there’s none of that nasty VPL. However, my sweetie says it’s tacky. How can I get my beloved to understand how the proper undergarments give me that perfect je ne sais quoi, that air of sweet mystery beneath an ordinary exterior?

I must read entire thread before making silly joke. Too likely that someone else already did. :frowning:

OK, here’s a real question:

For a long time, I’d been wearing stretchy pull-over racer back bras. I don’t need a ton o’ support (non-saggy barely 34B) and I loved them because they didn’t have underwires and the skinny straps stayed in place.

But, my friends tactfully (OK, they made fun of me) pointed out that the stretchy bras gave me a uniboob and badgered me into buying real bras. I’ve got a couple of Angels unlined demi bras that fit pretty well.

But…the danged straps fall down all the freaking time. I’d forgotten how annoying constantly having to adjust your straps is. They can’t be any tighter without digging into my shoulders. Is there any solution? Is there a type of bra that would work better for me?

Danke.

Cool, I’ve never met anyone who worked at Frederick’s of Hollywood before!

:wink:

What’s the deal with the ever-more-acute panty angle over the years? Extrapolating from the trends during my own lifetime, the undies of the 2010’s will be 1/4" wide in front and the leg openings will be 3 times larger than the waistband. If they have waistbands, considering that they won’t have backs to them at all.

I don’t guess I can hold you responsible for that, though.

Mmkay…how can your customers tell how they’d look in garments without trying them on, and are there restrictions on what they can try on before buying? What can’t they? Of those they can, are they, umm, do they just go back on the racks? Being a guy, I have no direct personal reference for trying on a bra that others have tried on before me. Don’t think I’d be real comfy with the idea that I was stepping into a pair of Hanes or Nicole Millers that several folks before me had tried on, though.

The bra-size thing: seems really ODD to me that the actual stores would only contain a subset of the existing sizes. I’d think the sole reason for going to a physical store instead of ordering online is if you’re hard to fit. (See above paragraph. Of course I also just hate shopping.) If the stores only keep a small standard batch of sizes in stock, wouldn’t the very people most in need of coming in for complex fitting be least likely to find what they’re looking for, thereby driving them also to the web browser or the catalogue?

Is true that wearing no bra or a bra without underwire makes your breasts sag?

Of course they look saggier without the support, but does it actually make them saggier as well or is that a myth?

Heh heh. Poor baby. :wink:

http://winstonlf.com/hotaru/me/boobs1.jpg There, feel better? :wink:

Do your training classes include the implicit instruction to ignore any woman who looks like she won’t fit into most of your products? 'Cause I’ve been in any number of stores over the years, and usually have to chase down a salesgirl, who then treats me as if I killed her dog.

Oh, and I would also be interested in what is considered the proper way to measure for a bra. I love some of the styles and have ordered from the catalog, only to find that Victoria and I have a very different idea of what constitutes as 38DD.

What is the life of an average bra? I have my three everyday VS ones working in rotation for nearly two years and they seem to be losing their structural integrity–the straps seem to be stretching. I’m a 36D. Time to hit the sales?

I know I sure do!

Heh, at least VS secret have cup sizes. I was in an Italian lingerie shop recently and their bra sizes worked in 1, 2 and 3. That’s it, whether you’re a 30AA or a 38F, you’re meant to fit into 1, 2 or 3.

As a 30E I was a little nonplussed, but since what I was buying was for the bedroom rather than supportive, everyday purposes, I went with the 2, figuring that this way at least I’d fit the cups.

I’m also not getting why most stores don’t do over a C. The average cupsize is bigger than it used to be because of diet and the pill, and with all those implants out there having big boobs no longer means having a big band size.

At 30E most shops don’t carry my band size, in any cup, and a 32DD just doesn’t cut it. I need support, so most of my bras are either lucky finds on the sale rail, specially ordered in for me from the manufacturer, or bought online from Bravissimo or Figleaves.

In a way it’s a good thing, if I had 32B boobs I’d have so much underwear there would be no space in my cupboard for anything else…I love my lingerie!

Apparently, it is that she’s flat chested, hence the lack of items for the most beautiful women on earth, those with ample bosom.

Dear Underwear Sales Girl:

What’s the deal with the stores and people who claim that a shockingly large number of women are wearing the wrong bra size? Is it only a gimmick to get people to come in for a custom fitting, or to buy a bunch of new bras? I find it really hard to believe, because I have tried on bras of other sizes before just to test it out, and the size I wear is the size that feels best, the same size I’ve worn since I finished puberty. Am I an odd exception, or does the bra that feels the most comfortable, stays put the best, and gives me the most solid support not the one that “really fits”? :wink:

When the sign says that your underwear is half off, what specifically do you mean by that? Are you still wearing panties but no bra? Bra with no panties? Bra unhooked and panties around your ankles?