Bay Area Dopefest- The Chieftain, Sat 7/14, 6:30pm

**Rhiannon8404 **and I are interested, depending on the date. The aforementioned July 14th would work for us.

The 14th is good for me.

I might be able to do the 14th too. Cyn, if you can go that day after all, stop in Merced and you can ride with me the rest of the way. I’d like a navigator anyway!

Not too hard. Nail down the date and time and a ballpark number of people, call the place you’re interested in having it to see if they can accommodate the number of people on that date, give them a credit card # to hold the reservation.

I’m all for it. I live close to the Metreon, so I really have no excuse (if that’s the destination). Heck, I was just at the Chieftan on Saturday.

The 14th works great for me, too. Although I don’t post much anymore I’d still be glad to meet more Dopers. :wink: Jillian’s is a good idea. Too often people try to hold these things at ethnic restaurants and spend most of the thread debating where because there are always some people who don’t like that food or whatever. Jillian’s is about as neutral as you can get, they serve alcohol but allow minors, it’s in a TOTALLY recognizable place, there’s lots of stuff for people to do in the building itself and, like psycat said, close to parking, BART, etc…

Oh yeah, and close to The Chieftan. :wink:

Edit: And the 14th is Bastille Day, so there should be lots of revelers out!

I think I can do the 14th too.

14th is good for me too. I as well live very close to the metreon area.

This was way too easy. There’ll be a hurricane or something that morning. But barring that, I’m in. Hell, I’ve still never been to the Chieftain!

I was beginning to suspect Dopefests were illegal in California or something.
I don’t think I have anything planned for the 14th, but do we have to have in the City?
Oh, well…

This must be remedied.

I called Jillian’s. They said they have no problem at all accommodating over 30 people on July 14th.

I asked someone to email me some info with a budget in mind of about $20-$30 a person. This is where things get tricky. I haven’t found many places in the area that are willing to just hold a table for 30 people without a reservation agreement, which includes choosing menu items.

Just spoke some more with someone at Jillian’s after receiving this menu and info. Asked for 6 - 9 pm (they turn into a dance club at 9 - must be over 21 and dressed accordingly.)

She was very helpful and is going to put together a suggested menu (probably something like appetizers/pizza/etc.) and email it to me by the end of the day. Again, looking at around $25/person, not including alcohol.

Does this work? Should we start counting heads? Dunawake - do you want to ask a mod to change the title of the thread to indicate it’s a go, with the date/time etc.? Am I asking too many questions?

So have you called The Chieftan, as well? I just glanced at their website, and they do seem to have the facilities for group events.

Just curious…

Of course, that’s just one idea. I’ll meet up just about anywhere in the city.
Any other ideas?.. I’m not planning this thing anyway. :wink:

Excellent idea. I just did. They said no problem. They can reserve seating for 20 or so on that date. I think that sounds like a MUCH better plan. No credit card, no menu planning. Perfect.

Hmm, after lauding the merits of Jillian’s I have to say I’d rather meet somewhere that is not going to force us to have a fixed menu. If they could have a reservation and let people order whatever that would have been fine, but I don’t like being locked into something with th epossibility of people not showing, etc. So should we meet at the Chieftan then? They have better food anyway. Plus, I’ve seen kids in there before, so if there are any underage people they should be fine.

So then, The Chieftain, 5th St & Howard (Powell St Muni/BART station), Saturday, July 14, 6:30 PM.

Awesome. Looking forward to it. See you guys then!

okay this is a confirmation for me plus one guest for the event in case someone is trying to keep track of numbers. So YES! for lobstermobster +1

I’ll happily do that, if someone will tell me how :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, and I’ll probably drag my roommate along if he’s bored, so count me as 2 people :slight_smile:

I just sent the request to the mods. :slight_smile: