Boxers Vs Briefs vs Boxer Briefs

Briefs as a kid, switched to boxers as a teen, got a bad case of chafing once and bought some boxer briefs to give me a divider. I’ve alternated ever since. Wearing the boxer briefs more since the vasectomy, since excessive movement down there is still very unpleasant even 3 months later.

Briefs as a kid, boxers ever since high school.

Good point – after some time and stretching (and you all know the stereotype of how long we dudes hang on to a pair of underpants), a well-worn pair of boxerbriefs turns into boxers for practical purposes. That’s when you know it’s time to replace.

Was a briefs man for a majority of my life until I was asked if I would not be interested in a change by the person that at the time would most frequently see me in nothing but them. Amazingly for usually hint-disabled me, I immediately understood that the message was that *she *was interested in seeing me in something else. And whaddya know I liked the change, and so this current century it has been mostly B-B’s.

I’d prefer Boxters.

Even used.

I’m 37 and switched from briefs to boxers in high school, so about 20 years of 100% boxers with no problems. I did probably switch after my sports days were over and I don’t play sports regularly now but I have on occasion. I’ve also ran, hiked, biked, worked physically 40 hours a week and everything else for 20 years with no problem.

I honestly don’t understand what people mean by needing “support.” I guess it happens, but I’ve never once been aware of my balls flopping around and never once felt like I needed anything more from my underwear. I’ve also never had a problem with them bunching up as some people have mentioned, it may be because I wear thin boxers with short legs like these. Longer thicker boxers seem like they probably would bunch up.

I think the opposite. To me they look a little silly, like tighty-whiteys with legs.

IME they seem to be appreciated by some appreciable minority, at least, of the gay community. And I’m being cautious there–my actual experience is that I seem to be the only person who both owns and fancies the occasional cock who isn’t set to salivating by the things.

No kidding. I can’t see how anyone can find boxers comfortable. When I tried them that’s exactly how they felt - like I was wearing shorts or swim trunks under my pants. And they look dorky as hell, like when someone gets pantsed in a G rated comedy.

Strictly briefs here.

I can at least intellectually grasp why some men like to wear boxers, though I’ll never be one of them. But I really can’t understand boxer briefs, for one simple reason: why on earth would I want to wear underwear on my legs? My legs don’t need underwear.

The good ones do have pouches.

Most guys I have spoken with are converts after the first time they wear boxer briefs. I have never met a woman who does not prefer them.

Never tried boxers. Used to wear briefs for like the first half of my life (so far) until one day a pack I bought came with a free pair of boxer briefs. Switched to those permanently, as I realized I no longer got chafing on hot days like I would with the briefs.

Same here about boxer briefs, except that I went back to the briefs side of the Force.

My husband prefers Jockey boxer-briefs. Once they start to sag in the ass, I throw them out.

The problem I have with boxers is that I have a tendency to occasionally bend over at just the right angle and end up crunching a nut :eek:

I grew up with briefs, but now I find myself going for boxer briefs. They provide an adequate amount of jiggle suppression while still being comfortable.

I’m almost positive that you mean the underwear… :smiley:

Boxers, my boys like the freedom. As for those who say they are like wearing shorts, I get thin cotton boxers, not thick ones.

My son (age 9) recently made the switch from “tighty-whitey” briefs to boxer briefs and confided in me that he likes the way they feel, and they don’t ever give him a wedgie. :slight_smile: He now gives disdainful looks to his younger bro’s briefs when he’s helping with the laundry.

If they ever make a mainstream female version of the boxer brief, I’ll have to give them a try! :smiley: