Brightness of daylight on Pluto, in real terms

Some people in this thread have mentioned what is known as the conservation of brightness. It’s one of those concept that many don’t think about but (at least for me) when explained makes perfect since. So you will fry your retinas equally on Mercury and well as Neptune if looking at the Sun.

I used that time of day calculator and am amazed that Pluto could be so bright from such a far distance. Pretty much now is how bright it wold be on Pluto at noon. That’s rather unbelievable.

6:40 EST is what I got for Ottawa, although now that I look at it I don’t know if that’s standard or daylight saving time. If it’s standard time it will be much darker.

Expect hostility. The Plutonians have short tempers and are pissed about losing their planet status.

I would think that, as an apparent point instead of a discernable disc, the sunlight would create razor-sharp shadows.

Just did it too, and it’s 6:40 EDT - so daylight time. Like you, I’m surprised Pluto at noon is that bright, but then again, the sun sets at about 10 minutes after that today.